• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Direct - June 6th 2017 15:00 BST

What are you expecting from this Direct?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
POKESLAY STARS IS CUMMING!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAS

tumblr_inline_o6itkespJe1sjshpn_250.gif

I'm gonna be broke this year yall with all these Switch games.

ARMS
Splatoon 2
Monster Hunter
Odyssey
Fire Emblem
Xenoblade 2

And now Pokemon.

Zedark

Damn, that was unexpected! Hope this is the long-awaited pokémon Stars announcement, really hyped for this!

Nintenleo

Holy shit, didn't see it it coming one week before E3.

My guess is that the third version will never be Switch exclusive, just for the fact that Game Freak doesn't like to split the userbase within a generation. Unless there's a way to link a 3DS to a Switch.

But, God, I would be very happy to eat crow.

Regiruler

Hoping for something completely unexpected

Even if it's for the Switch Stars isn't exciting.

Hopefully Pokken Wii U can finally get its due. Worlds is coming up and it's still a part.

nubbe

I don't play polemon but how much of the bottom 3ds screen did the last games rely on? That's the only thing I could see stopping it from being on switch.

Let's just say that Sun and Moon was prepared for the 1 screen future

Where XYORAS used the second screen much better

I don't play polemon but how much of the bottom 3ds screen did the last games rely on? That's the only thing I could see stopping it from being on switch.
Almost nothing. They ripped out most of the second-screen functionality in Sun and Moon.
Unless there's a way to link a 3DS to a Switch.
Don't we already know that Monster Hunter XX has 3DS/Switch cross-play? Seems feasible, at least.

sonto340

There were a few touch screen only elementhis but not many that required two screens to use if any.
Having a map all the time was nice, but them moving the persistent menu/pss from the bottom screen make sure it feel designed for one screen

Friendly reminder that Eurogamer reported that the code name was Stars, so the actual name might be something else like Eclipse.

Though Pokemon Stars is a brilliant play on words (Poke-Monstars)

18-Volt

Alright! Give me that Fushigi no Dungeon goodness! If Atlus isn't willing to localize theirs, I'll have to go with Pokémon version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom