• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Direct - June 6th 2017 15:00 BST

What are you expecting from this Direct?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oersted

*puts on ignore*

Edit:

New page?

Well than

Jaadk.gif

Wamb0wneD

That reminds me I stopped playing Moon because i never got my shiny Gastly.... Great, now im triggered again. All these nightmares of hundreds and thousands of Magicarps... all for nothing...And i was like:
giphy.gif

AetherZX

Judging by those Pokedex entries, seems like they want to move on from Mega Evolutions.
I say let them.

I really don't see how those insinuate that at all. If anything, they're trying to make them a lot more threatening, which... they are.

RikuDawn

I wish any of the Pokemon that got Alolan forms also got megas. Or vice versa. I just want at least one mega Alolan form Pokemon.

I still think it'll only be on 3DS but no matter what its on I really hope its not a third version. Third versions are always greedy and scummy and GF have moved away from them since Gen V. Please don't bring them back. Be a Sun/Moon 2, Red/Blue 2, or Diamond/Pearl remakes.

That being said, I find it curious that they never did a Pokemon Direct for the ORAS games. Only Pokemon Directs are new generations. As insane as it sounds I wonder if we are about to get Gen VIII. O_O

Zubz

Banned
I need my Mega Flygon T_T

I genuinely want them to just mulligan & give Flygon a Mega. It can be the only Gen 7 Mega/the last Mega of all time. Just give that dragon some love.

WILD GUESS :

I think we might see Kanto form of Gen 3 ~ 6 Pokemon.

If we do Kanto forms, I definitely expect that! Except what does that mean for Gen 2? I still want Electric Feraligatr to be canon, & not just a card.

EhoaVash

Only reason I'm remotely excited for this is if its also announced for the Switch lol

If not, yeah talk about massive disappointment for Pokemon stars to be only stuck on 3ds. Automatic skip then.

Have a strong feeling it's gonna be 3ds only
:( Cause game freak gonna gamefreak

LotusHD

Banned
I really don't see how those insinuate that at all. If anything, they're trying to make them a lot more threatening, which... they are.

I always took it as a clever yet subtle way of them not wanting to make anymore, or at the very least, it will be done much more sparingly. They show Mega Evolutions to in fact be this thing that is clearly uncomfortable for many, if not all of the Pokemon that are able to undergo it. Whereas Gen 6 with the gym leaders and what not made it seem to be a much more amicable affair from what I recall, that it's this intense bond, etc. So with that in mind, the message I'm now getting in regards to the Pokemon universe "Mega Evolutions are actually bad, don't do it."

If that is what they're going for, I thought it was a clever way of doing it, as opposed to just straight up pretending that Mega Evolutions don't exist. Frankly I dislike Mega Evolutions, and I hope they don't make anymore. Stick to making evolutions for Pokemon that need it, or reinvigorating interest in old Pokemon through Alolan/Regional forms.

Aleh

Third versions/sequels/remakes are the perfect places to introduce new megas, since they can't really introduce new Pokémon without starting a new gen. If anything, remakes will most certainly at least have to have starters megas since some of them already have them. I don't think it would be fair if only gen 1 and gen 3 got them

18-Volt

Yeah, I don't think it's going to be third version or remakes. Ash has seen almost all alolan Pokémon and only event pokémon is going to be featured in a movie this year. If this is a mainline game, then it's definitely gen 8 (or should i say, gen 7.5?). Cross platform release is actually pretty good idea, no way TPC allow an entry to sell below 10m point in its first year.

LotusHD

Banned
Yeah, I don't think it's going to be third version or remakes. Ash has seen almost all alolan Pokémon and only event pokémon is going to be featured in a movie this year. If this is a mainline game, then it's definitely gen 8 (or should i say, gen 7.5?). Cross platform release is actually pretty good idea, no way TPC allow an entry to sell below 10m point in its first year.

Gen 7.5?

Hydrus

I want a Kanto switch game so bad, but in reality were getting the 3rd/ enhanced version of SM and it's about 60% of being a 3DS exclusive. Gamefreak play's it safe. I want to get super hyped, but I'm gonna keep my expectations low. If we get a mainline game on Switch with good visuals tomorrow, then I'll be satisfied.

What's the chances of this one be exclusive to the 3DS?
And how big will be the meltdown if this happen?

I'm putting it at 60% 3DS exclusive. The only reason I see it coming to switch this early is because SM ran like crap on 3DS. I would say the meltdowns would be catastrophic unless it was a Gen 1 game.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
So potential Stars announcement .

Nintendo is going full throttle this year, what a beastly line-up for year 1.

EhoaVash

What's the chances of this one be exclusive to the 3DS?
And how big will be the meltdown if this happen?

Pretty damn big. Remember Pokemon black and white 2 being DS only on 3ds's first year lol lots of meltdowns already happened before. Will happen again

Judging from all the responses here and on Twitter, there is not a single thing GameFreak can announce tomorrow that won't put off at least one Pokemon fan.

Some people want it on Switch only. Some people want it 3DS only. Some want Pokken. Some want Kanto. Some don't want Kanto. Some want a third version. Some don't. Some people think it's going to be gen 8 (meaning they clearly hit their head on something).

*sigh* game development seems like such a rewarding job that people appreciate.

Dystify

He's probably referring to that one leak from 4chan that Joe debunked.

Ah that one. I thought they were part of the same fake leak. Yeah, Joe debunked that I guess.

Edit: To above: He's wearing the same outfit as in the fake leak, so it's likely the same source or originating from the same source. Which means it's fake.

LotusHD

Banned
Judging from all the responses here and on Twitter, there is not a single thing GameFreak can announce tomorrow that won't put off at least one Pokemon fan.

Some people want it on Switch only. Some people want it 3DS only. Some want Pokken. Some want Kanto. Some don't want Kanto. Some want a third version. Some don't. Some people think it's going to be gen 8 (meaning they clearly hit their head on something).

*sigh* game development seems like such a rewarding job that people appreciate.

I can kind of understand the Switch-only people (The assumption that it will look nicer, push people towards the Switch), but the 3DS-only somehow seem more selfish lol

Wasn't there a leak a couple of days ago saying a Pokken port was coming to the Switch? That's most likely what this is.

A few days ago a Japanese retailer had a fight stick listed under the Nintendo Switch listing. The list mentioned something about the stick supporting Pokken and some other titles *I think*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom