• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Direct - June 6th 2017 15:00 BST

What are you expecting from this Direct?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowl0l

I can kind of understand the Switch-only people (The assumption that it will look nicer, push people towards the Switch), but the 3DS-only somehow seem more selfish lol
Only advantage for 3DS only is the dual screen and the $40 price tag.

Given that Sun/Moon came out less than year ago I'm not sure what I want. The Switch version would make the most sense since the rumor was that it was being developed along side Sun/Moon. Kind of soon for a sequel. And has enough time passed for them to really fix Sun/Moon's problems? We'll see I guess.

Macka

The only thing that makes me think this might be on Switch is because of how Sun & Moon really didn't make much use of the lower screen.

Then again, GameFreak gonna GameFreak.

If it's 3DS only...it's downright idiotic imo. They have a new platform that GameFreak themselves are going to be depending on in the future, and you want to take away focus from it three months after launch and right before E3? Insanity.

Neoxon

That was Emily Rogers, not Eurogamer. Is she also the source of Stars rumors too?
Eurogamer was the source of the Stars rumor. That said, both Eurogamer & Emily Rogers heard from NoE sources back then that Zelda may not make it to the Switch's launch. But as of January (a few days before the Switch presentation), Eurogamer heard from their other Nintendo sources that Nintendo as a whole decided to move forward with getting BotW out on the Switch's launch.

Ravidrath

Malasada Critic Hau
Join Hau on his quest to become the world's most powerful food critic!

Hau will travel far and wide with his trusty food-themed Pokemon, Slurpuff, Vanillite, Farfetch'd, Pumpkaboo and Bounsweet, fending off angry chefs and entrenched fans alike!

MegaMelon

Malasada Critic Hau

Hau will travel far and wide with his trusty food-themed Pokemon, Slurpuff, Vanillite, Farfetch'd, Pumpkaboo and Bounsweet, fending off angry chefs and entrenched fans alike!

I suddenly want Gordon Ramsey in Pokemon stars.

Malasada Critic Hau

God Hau is so fucking lame.

I miss Blue and Silver. Those guys knew how to throw down. I miss having a rival who would talk shit.

Hydrus

Ok Guys, my batshit crazy prediction that will never happen:

Pokemon Stars is actually Pokemon Red star, Blue star, and Green star! Red is exclusive to switch, Blue and Green to New 2DS/New3DS.

The game takes place in Kanto as you, a new youth from pallet town who grew up hearing the stories about the legend of Kanto star Red, decides to follow in his footsteps to be the best that ever was. The motto for these games: "Reach for the stars!!".

Journey thru Kanto, with Alola post game. Lillie is the new Kanto Champ. New gym leaders, with the some of the originals becoming the new elite 4 ( Brock, Misty, Erika, Blaine). Old characters, new adventures, Kanto 20 years later! I think I just peed a little.

200_s.gif

mrk8885

Banned
Pretty damn big. Remember Pokemon black and white 2 being DS only on 3ds's first year lol lots of meltdowns already happened before. Will happen again

Of course everyone with a 3ds could still play that DS game just fine so that's a completely different situation.

If Eurogamer is wrong on one thing then they would be wrong on everything. Why are people saying Stars is going to happen (when there hasn't been a third version since Platinum) but not exclusively on Switch.

Neoxon

If Eurogamer is wrong on one thing then they would be wrong on everything. Why are people saying Stars is going to happen (when there hasn't been a third version since Platinum) but not exclusively on Switch.
And even on that one thing (Zelda's release date), they updated us when they heard news that contradicted their earlier report.

ubiblu

I'm kind of excited about this despite losing most interest in the series after X/Y, but i'm definitely going to taper my expectations. SuMo wild pokemon variety / post-game were abysmal, so hopefully whatever this is resolves that.

What I still find hilarious is the constant Kanto dreaming in every game thread. Nostalgia game strong on GAF.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
They promptly updated us on that when they heard otherwise. Eurogamer would have done the same thing with Stars if they heard about it being cross-gen instead of Switch-only.

Yeah, I suppose they did. Considering Emily Rogers and Laura Kate Dale did as well, though, and considering Nintendo's GDC presentation suggested they always intended to have it out at launch, I'm still not entirely convinced the original report was ever accurate.

That was Emily Rogers, not Eurogamer. Is she also the source of Stars rumors too?

Eurogamer said in the article I linked that they heard it from a source separate from Emily.

Yeah, I suppose they did. Considering Emily Rogers and Laura Kate Dale did as well, though, and considering Nintendo's GDC presentation suggested they always intended to have it out at launch, I'm still not entirely convinced the original report was ever accurate.

I think it was only because scheduling in video games is always in flux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom