• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Direct 01.08.13 (U.S.-6AM EST, EUR-12PM CET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiryu

So this is the real deal.

*readies body*

lnN2u.gif

bounchfx

If it's another sprite based, top down adventure instead of 3d a la wind waker or even fucking DQ Monsters I'm gonna be really frustrated. It's been over a decade and the game hasn't really moved up from that.

Izayoi

Banned
If it's another sprite based, top down adventure instead of 3d a la wind waker or even fucking DQ Monsters I'm gonna be really frustrated. It's been over a decade and the game hasn't really moved up from that.
I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Grid movement 4EVA

zroid

Banned

I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Grid movement 4EVA

grid movement is reeaaally central to a lot of the games' mechanics, though casual players may not realize it. That's one thing you can count on to not be going anywhere.

Rubius

So, I came back from the future and found this graph about the 3DS sales.
Try to find when was this Pokemon game announced in this chart.
Oh by the way, Gen 7 Pokemon look ridiculous like hell. Really, a floating Sawing blade who evolve into a Chainsaw? REALLY

I don't even know how to form an opinion on what I'm hoping from this announcement that is based in realistic expectations.

I would love for the series to evolve and progress with Gen VI, but GF hasn't even perfected the formula they've been working on for 15 years now. However shall they create an entirely new and successful direction for the franchise when they still have bullshit like HMs that they refuse to let go of? Whatever it is, it will be awesome, but goddam does my heart ever yearn for a Pokemon game that doesn't muk up any important mechanics

Because of this I'm not trying to predict anything or expect anything. I'll be both completely surprised, and easy to please in my reception to whatever the announcement is.

That being said HOLY HELL PLEASE BE A HUGE STEP FORWARD IN THE FRANCHISE

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Im hoping for real life pokemon if I am dissapointed you know why!

now THAT would be one hell of a publicity stunt!

Iwata: (addresses the camera) Today we would like to announce that together with Craig Venter Labs we have been secretly bioengineering a series of new animal species to go along with the new generation of Pokemon that shall be announced today.

Please remember to treat them with the same kind of love, respect and caution you would their in-game counterparts (Laughs maniacally as cages are opened).

now THAT would be one hell of a publicity stunt!

Iwata: (addresses the camera) Today we would like to announce that together with Craig Venter Labs we have been secretly bioengineering a series of new animal species to go along with the new generation of Pokemon that shall be announced today.

Please remember to treat them with the same kind of love, respect and caution you would their in-game counterparts. (Laughs maniacally as cages are opened)
I would drop out of college immediately, begin training at the gym hours a day while working every spare moment I could to build up a sizable savings account, and foolishly travel to the Poke epicenter the first day of summer

I'd be SO DOWN for that

Play Lost Levels, the frustration factor will drive you mad and keep you sustained.

Annnnnnnd I know my friend would love that Mewtwo figure but of course preorders are closed.

Fracas

#fuckonami
fine i'll play halo by myself.

lol, no i won't. halo 4 sucks. i'm gonna play Xcom.

Sorry :( I'm down to play tomorrow if you still wanna play. Maybe we can get a party going.

For now, I need sleep. Maybe Franklinator'll wake me up before 5

edit: screw it, setting an alarm for 4:45. I have to see GAF blow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom