• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Direct 01.08.13 (U.S.-6AM EST, EUR-12PM CET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despera

Banned
3 hours, actually.
yep, my bad.

t1357642800z1.png

chrono01

Annnnnnnd I know my friend would love that Mewtwo figure but of course preorders are closed.

Yeah, they sold out pretty quickly. :(

Keep checking, though, especially when it gets closer to release! Oftentimes some might cancel their pre-order [for whatever reason] or more stock might open up. I heard it happens quite a bit for the D-ARTS line.

2 hours, 51 minutes!

I would like everyone to share this moment with
your family, love ones, friends and colleagues!!

I want everybody to check this info, therefore
please spread and share this information at office,
school, club activities, any circle!!
I would like everyone to share and spread this news widely!

You guys... Masuda seems way too hyped for this to just be Gen VI. Why would my coworkers and family care about that? It's probably some dumb social thing. Or, some amazing social thing.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
does anyone else find it hilarious that many of Nintendo's ideas, once removed from their more anime context and placed in a realistic setting, are actually quite gruesome and terrifying?

:D

edit: @ The Awesomest where is that quote from? Is it from one of the creators of Pokemon? OMG Real Life Pokemon Confirmed!!

Yeah, they sold out pretty quickly. :(

Keep checking, though, especially when it gets closer to release! Oftentimes some might cancel their pre-order [for whatever reason] or more stock might open up. I heard it happens quite a bit for the D-ARTS line.

2 hours, 51 minutes!

We'll make sure to keep an eye out. Thankfully it isn't too crazy of a price, I was worried it'd be outlandish. I just want a Gengar figure now.

And boy does this announcement suck for people out west. If you aren't a night owl or graveyard shift worker, ouch.

Guys you guys I just had an awesome idea for a new pokemon.

Stage 1: spider
Stage 2: spider... with WINGS

does anyone else find it hilarious that many of Nintendo's ideas, once removed from their more anime concept and placed in a realistic setting, are actually quite gruesome and terrifying?

:D

edit: @ The Awesomest where is that quote from? Is it from one of the creators of Pokemon? OMG Real Life Pokemon Confirmed!!

Yeah, that's Masuda. It was posted a ways back in this thread.

Masuda is hyped out of his mind

Hell yeah he is.

First it was:

Check! Check! Check! RT @Pokemon: Pokémon fans, mark your calendars! Check http://Pokemon.com on January 8th for some big news!

Then it was:

CHECK! CHECK! CHECK! BIG NEWS! RT please! >Pokémon Direct - 01.08.2013

Now it's:

Blog update!! 3 hours left!! No.232 - HIDDEN POWER of masuda #pokemon http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir_english/?p=556 … @Junichi_Masudaさんから

I love seeing the director of Pokemon games get so excited like this.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Pokémon 4ever time!

From Arceus, digital coloring, and widescreen back even further into the past...

Cause before Dialga there was Celebi!

Houndoom & Scyther vs Celebi? Now there's some serious type disadvantages going on there! Something my littler self didn't quite notice at the time!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Pokémon 4ever time!

From Arceus, digital coloring, and widescreen back even further into the past...

Cause before Dialga there was Celebi!

tbqh celebi is a time traveler with some minor time hole abilities while Dialga is the actual time god thingie.

It's explored a lot in PMD2. Also another game full of feels.

OryoN

My body is... no, no, NO!

Gonna keep my expectations in check for this one.

Nintendo's lack of ambition with certain games is frustrating. Anything less than a MMO Pokemon game is a missed opportunity.

The most we'd get is a cross-play game with perhaps an online battle mode. Maybe even that might turn out to be a missed opportunity too.

Rubius

I really fear that I wont be able to see the livestream. I have Satellite TV and cant even watch a Twitch TV video, on youtube, if I want to be able to watch and download at the same time, I have to set it to 240p. I really really hope I will be able to see this tonight. Might motivate me to play through : Silver, Emerald, Pearl, Black, Black 2, Leaf Green, Soul Silver. Before this new game comes of course. YEAH I'm late to the party. To be fair, I did "finished" pearl. I had to beat the champions and I deleted my save for my friend.
MAJORA'S MASK MUSIC IN MY HEAD

Erry day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q7lSwam198

Nintendo's lack of ambition with certain games is frustrating. Anything less than a MMO Pokemon game is a missed opportunity.

The most we'd get is a cross-play game with perhaps an online battle mode. Maybe even that might turn out to be a missed opportunity too.

Ambition? Every single Pokemon game sold systems and were Millions sellers. Its not ambition, its confidence.

Back home in the nick of time! Let's do this!!

Rainbow is fake.

You're not supposed to like every Pokemon design ever. Get over yourselves if you think that every design is supposed to be amazing to you.

Masuda is a gun.

Rainbow is so, so fake.

I spent the majority of my flight on the Pokedex Pro and was once again astounded at the quality of the models (relative to hardware & previous efforts). I feel like I have a new appreciation for Pokemon such as Hitmontop.

2 hours and forty minutes!

Anything less than a MMO Pokemon game is a missed opportunity.

Pokemon's target market starts at six year olds for the games.

It's confirmed that Game Freak is making this game, Game Freak only has ~90 staff, handhelds made Pokemon so successful in the first place, they have no experience with console development, and an always-online handheld title is really, really bad idea.

AND it's pretty much confirmed to be on the 3DS, so a Pokemon MMO is not happening here.

Darryl

Banned

if it had online and you can connect and play wirelessly with friends (outside of just battle/trading), it's close enough to me.

edit: miiverse would be fucking insane

Since its only 10mins long I wonder if we'll get news the following hours/days/weeks/months:/

Also Direct to be starting with iwata holding and petting a real life eevee.

I hope they put out red/blue/yellow on the Virtual Console. It'd be good to play those on something other than the Game Boy's screen.

CoolS

I feel we are heading for another meltdown with diasappointing news here that people will complain about for weeks.
I really hope it won't be like that, but somehow I have a baaad feeling in my stomach about this..

What? Why I don't understand

They'd just give him something like a Rock or a ground typing, just to make him extra free to whatever he was weak before and he'll get something weak like Mudslap or Rock Throw. Or he'll get a special attack when he has jack special attack stats and nothing in the way of physical. Such is the way of Flareon.

I feel we are heading for another meltdown with diasappointing news here that people will complain about for weeks.
I really hope it won't be like that, but somehow I have a baaad feeling in my stomach about this..

I thought that at first, but then Nintendo/Gamefreak/whoever just kept piling on the hype.

They seem pretty confident.

They'd just give him something like a Rock or a ground typing, just to make him extra free to whatever he was weak before and he'll get something weak like Mudslap or Rock Throw. Or he'll get a special attack when he has jack special attack stats and nothing in the way of physical. Such is the way of Flareon.

Or just keep them all their own specific type, and give him better moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom