• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumour] MS France: 36.2 Millions of Xbox One sold worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Then you'll know the veracity of these numbers is dubious.

For them to be correct MS would have had to sell 10m consoles in the last 6 months. They would be shouting it from the rooftops if they had managed that.

Phil Spencer didn't have time to mention these numbers at E3 or in any of his interviews, so he let MS France do it.

David___

Banned
Too much for your mind to handle because you love Sony or...?

3059164-1462407286916.jpg

Then you'll know the veracity of these numbers is dubious.

For them to be correct MS would have had to sell 10m consoles in the last 6 months. They would be shouting it from the rooftops if they had managed that.

They are only dubious when it comes to MS right? But Sony numbers are always fine. Again my point stands.

I thought they sold atleast 45 million. This is worse then I thought then I read Gaf and Gaf doubts they 36 million.

Jeez.. What a turnaround from last gen. If Nintendo completes their turn around this gen and gets it together it'll be something to see Microsoft in 3rd place. That's a big if though.

You're stating they don't mesh based on a 3 year old ratio. You're piling current sellthrough estimates on to a shipment figure from back when the console had only released in 13 markets for about 7 months. In reality what you're doing isn't much different from VGC's methodology (ie: guesswork based on public sources with some personal ballparking). And then you try tried to sideline things with statements about non-existent 3rd part estimates and magic IR to shipment ceilings and this bizarre burden of proof strawman.

That's all your problem, not mine. You can't even explain your figures and you're claiming this one's impossible. And now it turns out it's probably not even from VGC.

I like how you ignore half my post and sources of data and then put words in my mouth (when did I call this set of data impossible or that my post is based entirely on ratio? Pretty sure I've said unlikely for sold-through throughout this thread).

Also, MS switched to MAU a little under 2 years ago, not 3. They started reporting hardware revenue around the end of Q3 or 4 of FY2015.

But hey, you do you. Apparently you find it easy to believe that MS had a surge in markets that aren't reported on and that MS doesn't generally care about and I just don't.

You keep defending whatever the fuck hill this is on now. We all know the data is fake.

ArmGunar

They are only dubious when it comes to MS right? But Sony numbers are always fine. Again my point stands.

Yes because there are trackings and estimations, that 36.2M is too high
Maybe with big AAA exclusives released since year debut, there would be a chance of that 36.2M is a right number but reality is here, it's not

It's not a question of being pro-Sony or pro-MS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom