• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall retail screencaps (XB1) show 792p resolution? CBoaT ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well 720p vs 792p seems like a technicality. It's not like 720p vs 1080p

And isn't texture judgement subjective? Or did Respawn come out and say, "Oh yeah, for the final product we clicked the "add more texture box"?

I'm not baiting. I'm just trying to understand.

Read the OP.

The closed alpha had some pretty blah textures. Respawn responded after pics started leaking out that the textures would be improved in the final game. Cboat made a topic saying that the FINAL game would be 720p, and that respawn was lying about the texture bump for the final game.

The relatively open beta came around, and the textures were improved, and the game was running at >720p.

Cboat made another post after the beta was out, saying that the final game would be 720p with Alpha textures (and with broken party chat features), basically implying that Respawn was blowing smoke up everyone's asses.

This is the important part. He had an out after the beta, he could have chalked his earlier "rumor" up to old or outdated info, like most insiders do.

That is why he's getting the ban. He doubled down on a rumor in the face of indisputable evidence. Why he did so isn't important - whether it was straight up malice or a really bad source, we can't have our credible insiders posting outright misleading information as "fact", misinforming hundreds of members of our community and potentially harming the credibility of developers who post here publicly. Cboat obviously is an insider, no one could know some of the things he has posted if he wasn't, but there is a certain responsibility that comes with having information, and it seems that as of late he has lost sight of that. Having spent years building up a solid reputation, some of his last few misses have been pretty big (ass-storm included), because a portion of the community regards his words as fact.

HeliosT10

I assume Helios is getting the superior PC version of Titanfall. Because objectively it's the best version of the game.

Xbox One version

Tesco promo code discount and most of my old clan mates are playing on it ;) Plus, I like the level playing ground that playing on a controller brings.

I think you forgot your ™ and ®.

He actually forgot something else:

Its funny. In Titanfall for my Xbox one, the all-in-one entertainment system, i was too busy dodging bullets, parkouring, running around and killing other players to notice the graphics. Different priorities i guess.

Yeah and what if a person that worked for Sony came in and defended them?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=103653509&postcount=4897

Your reply makes no fucking sense.

jaypah

Your point is a good one but if that Forza claim is true, I can't stop laughing.

I'd have to see the context. Maybe it was like "I have this mysterious half smile on my face when playing Forza. Reminds me of the Mona Lisa".

For the record I think F5 looks nice enough for a launch game.

Wizman23

Banned
Might as well revert to Halo 2 production values then. Cheaper to make, clearer to identify threats and 1080p60 4xMSAA+ assured for those that do notice or care about image quality.

Holy Shit at those BULLSHOTS. Is that even possible on the new consoles? Bungie is my favorite Dev but I would be skeptical of anything screenshot wise in regards to Destiny.

Let Bish play Bish. You be Bobo. Unless Bish wants to let me play Bish too. Good lawd, how irresponsible would I be with that GAF power?

When you become Bish I heard this happens

Power_Kanye_West_music_video.png

I'd have to see the context. Maybe it was like "I have this mysterious half smile on my face when playing Forza. Reminds me of the Mona Lisa".

For the record I think F5 looks nice enough for a launch game.

I think he was more specifically referring to the crowd, looking like the Mona Lisa.

Broank

Haven't really followed the saga but could the alpha textures thing be the actual alpha textures? As in like foliage, chain link fences etc?

Big-E

Are the shots in the op compressed or not? They look like shit and the shots posted in the beta thread looked better imo.

Speaking of being suspicious, this poster joined early November and started posting on the eve of the Xbox One launch and compared Forza to the Mona Lisa in one post.

Yep, you got me. You cracked the code! I'm polishing Elop's boots with my saliva in between breaks where I gush about Microsoft games. Then I lurk in forums to tip the balance of internet thought. Then I spread message board lies about The Order 1886. Then I go home and eat a caviar omelet and sleep on a mattress full of sweet sweet MS money.

Goon Boon

Banned
Yep, you got me. You cracked the code! I'm polishing Elop's boots with my saliva in between breaks where I gush about Microsoft games. Then I lurk in forums to tip the balance of internet thought. Then I spread message board lies about The Order 1886. Then I go home and eat a caviar omelet and sleep on a mattress full of sweet sweet MS money.

You actually liking Polygon is a bigger flag than any of that.

Atleast you are being honest about it:)

Xav

Titanfall could be running at 4K and it would still be an ugly game. I honestly have no idea what you guys are fighting about.

Thing is Cboat has been awful wrong about a number of items and missed out on HUGE leaks that he should have known if he is truly a current insider. I don't doubt he was an insider at one time as evidence of the 360 specs go but the last year he has got alot of things just plain wrong. The mods said he was never vetted formally like other insiders and his leaks the last year simply sound like some EX employee that is getting bits and pieces of stuff from people he may still know at MS while his leaks during the 360 era sounded like someone working right in the middle of things.

Why didn't we here about Gears before? Or the Titanfall exclusivity? Did he know or does he simply not report on good Xbox news?

Lets recap things he got wrong recently

PS4 release date,he said Oct 21st

Yield issues, Sorry but your not having yield issues if you can ship 4 million consoles in 4 months.

Prince of Persia, really come on how inside could he be to only see a few seconds of the trailer and get it wrong?

MS paying of 3rd party devs to NOT show PS4 versions of games at E3, total BS

Platinum games Exclusive, nowhere to be seen

Indie Xbox game plan, he said indies would be regulated to 3GB ram and would be stuck in the win8 ghetto store which is bull

ASSTORM launch was fine, Xbox live held up really well and better than PSN did at launch

Titanfall
720P
Alpha Textures
Isolated Party chat system

And that is just off the top of my head. That is alot to be wrong about in a short period of time and still want to be thought of as a reliable insider. Is he really going to hide behind the "things can change" routine? If so then he could make up anything he wanted to and just hide behind that mantra. "he guz thinz c8ng sary" he literally could just make up anything he wanted and still seem to be bating 1000 with that excuse

I mean at what point do insiders get permitted to just spew what ever they want regardless of what turns out to be true or not? Why do people still trust him after all the misses the last year?

And as far as all the back handed digs about he 360 version of Titanfall does anyone really think it will look as good as the Xbox one version?

I mean come one yes the PS4 is more powerful but the Xbox one has 16 times more memory and a GPU 5.5 times more powerful than the Xbox 360, people are making a big deal about the PS4's 30-40% power advantage you don;t think a console 300-500% more powerful than the 360 is NOT going to make a difference? The Xbox one is not a WIIU it is less powerful than the PS4 but it is clearly in the same class and is clearly a generational leap above the 360 let's not kid ourselves.

Scottiths

Banned
Titanfall could be running at 4K and it would still be an ugly game. I honestly have no idea what you guys are fighting about.
I don't understand this. I see it about a lot of games that I think look good. What is it you are seeing that makes you say it looks bad? Are there not enough effects? Is it because it's not 1080p? Please help me understand why people keep saying this.

I don't understand this. I see it about a lot of games that I think look good. What is it you are seeing that makes you say it looks bad? Are there not enough effects? Is it because it's not 1080p? Please help me understand why people keep saying this.

Titanfall is a fun game where the graphics are merely serviceable at best. Geometry, foliage, texture resolution, lighting, etc etc.... it's all very dated.

I wouldn't say it's a BAD looking game, but it's not going to win any awards. But that won't stop me from playing it a ton more than far better looking games.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
It's true. I ran it at 5120x2880. It did not help 1 bit (well, AA was perfect)
Titanfall's graphics have the same problem as CoD ports, which is that the textures don't have enough high frequency detail and the lighting looks flat. I usually end up using SweetFX when that happens, and it helps a bit.

But honestly, I don't notice the texture work much and I'd rather use my wasted GPU cycles on better particle effects. I wish every game had a Crysis style particle mod.

Read the OP.

The closed alpha had some pretty blah textures. Respawn responded after pics started leaking out that the textures would be improved in the final game. Cboat made a topic saying that the FINAL game would be 720p, and that respawn was lying about the texture bump for the final game.

The relatively open beta came around, and the textures were improved, and the game was running at >720p.

Cboat made another post after the beta was out, saying that the final game would be 720p with Alpha textures (and with broken party chat features), basically implying that Respawn was blowing smoke up everyone's asses.

This is the important part. He had an out after the beta, he could have chalked his earlier "rumor" up to old or outdated info, like most insiders do.

That is why he's getting the ban. He doubled down on a rumor in the face of indisputable evidence. Why he did so isn't important - whether it was straight up malice or a really bad source, we can't have our credible insiders posting outright misleading information as "fact", misinforming hundreds of members of our community and potentially harming the credibility of developers who post here publicly. Cboat obviously is an insider, no one could know some of the things he has posted if he wasn't, but there is a certain responsibility that comes with having information, and it seems that as of late he has lost sight of that. Having spent years building up a solid reputation, some of his last few misses have been pretty big (ass-storm included), because a portion of the community regards his words as fact.

Ah okay. Thanks for bringing me up to speed.

Hubble

If you play TitanFall and with everyone in motion, it still feels as if it's not something capable on current gen consoles, which is all that matters frankly if your a console gamer who doesn't play on PC.

Scottiths

Banned
Titanfall is a fun game where the graphics are merely serviceable at best. Geometry, foliage, texture resolution, lighting, etc etc.... it's all very dated.

I wouldn't say it's a BAD looking game, but it's not going to win any awards. But that won't stop me from playing it a ton more than far better looking games.
I understand it looks dated. It has a feel of last gen games. I thought they looked pretty good toward the end though. Like gta v looked great to me. So when people say it looks terrible, they really are just expressing discontent at the lack of being better than last gen? Because I didn't think last gen was so bad...

antitrop

Serviceable is also how I would describe them. The maps and environments also feel a lot more "alive" than traditional MP shooters, there's more going on in the background.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I feel there's no way to know if cboat was right and then they upgraded to 792... 720 to 792 is not unheard of bump in res

He specifically said "792p? no. 720".

Dude was just dead wrong on everything he said about titanfall. Even the mapcount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom