• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Treasury Secretary to announce Hamilton can keep the $10, let's change the $20

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtle553

I am pleasantly surprised to hear this.

No more Jackson sounds great. Now if we can just get rid of Jefferson on currency and monuments.

Harriet Tubman would be a fantastic replacement for Jackson. She was an amazing person and played a uniquely important role in the history of the United States.

Also, keeping Hamilton is the least they could do. The man deserves to be better remembered for how fucking important he was to the founding of the US.

Because of slavery? Might as well rename Washington D.C. while we're at it.

$1 - Washington
$5 - Lincoln
$10 - Hamilton
$20 - Jackson -> Literally anyone else
$50 - Grant -> Eisenhower or Roosevelt (pick whichever one you want)
$100 - Franklin

Just my thoughts on what they could do to change things up.

HUELEN10

$1 - Washington
$2 - Jefferson
$5 - Lincoln
$10 - John F Kennedy
$20 - Eleanor Roosevelt
$50 - FDR
$100 - Benjamin Franklin
$500 - Frederick Douglass

THAT is how it should be IMO.

antonz

$1 - Washington
$5 - Lincoln
$10 - Hamilton
$100 - Franklin

Grant was a far better President than he gets credit for. The United States as far as race relations go would be in a much better place if he hadn't been actively plotted against and than progress he made undone by people who wanted to get things back to how they were before the war regardless of the costs.

The image of a drunk do nothing is nothing more than Southern Historian revisionist history to continue the process of making the South out to be the victim of the evil North.

Wedge7

Ah man, thought it would be a little sooner than 2030 lol.

I think I read that Canada will have a women on the next bill sometime in 2018.

Drakeon

Good, Andrew Jackson was a fucking asshole of a president and does not deserve to be on the twenty. The trail of tears was his doing.

Supast4r

$1 - Washington
$5 - Lincoln
$10 - Hamilton
$100 - Franklin

I agree with the this but I would rather have Theodore than Eisenhower

Supast4r

$1 - Washington
$2 - Jefferson
$5 - Lincoln
$10 - John F Kennedy
$20 - Eleanor Roosevelt
$50 - FDR
$100 - Benjamin Franklin
$500 - Frederick Douglass

THAT is how it should be IMO.
Kennedy was a terrible president keep him off of money

Supast4r

Although he wasn't a good president, he was a excellent general.
grant wasn't a good general what so ever. The north barely won the war because our generals sucked and all of the good generals lived in the south. We won because of numbers and because we freed slaves in the suceeded states (the ones that didn't leave the union still had slaves for awhile)

Meowster

The person most responsible for winning the civil war other than Lincoln? Seriously?
I mean, he's pretty obscure compared to every other person on the printed money (not counting the dollar coins). I would think maybe someone like FDR would be on it instead.

Supast4r

The person most responsible for winning the civil war other than Lincoln? Seriously?
Why do we need two reps from the civil war on money and grant wasn't that good of a general and he was in tons of illegal fraud as a president. Why is he on money? He can/should be replaced by someone who did more for this country (Eisenhower, FDR, Wilson come to mind)

johnsmith

remember me
I mean, he's pretty obscure compared to every other person on the printed money (not counting the dollar coins). I would think maybe someone like FDR would be on it instead.
Before him it was William H Seward, so it was easily an upgrade from that.

MartyStu

Grant was a shite, super corrupt president.

While I respect the courage and bravery of our servicemen and women, I much prefer to celebrate people for their moral and not martial superiority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom