• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

:lol

Be furious, me. Fortunately I'm like the rest of us waiting for the next one to come out in 2018. Fuck it, might read those released WoW chapters. Have you read em? Are they good?
Don't think I'm going to read them. The next book isn't coming out for at least another 3 years. I don't want to read something that'll get me hyped up for it. I'd be fiending for more if I read them now.

Ww20iim.png

lol

Does anyone know why JustJohn got banned? Looked at his post history and I can't see anything really that'd be bannable :/

dude was funny, lol

What happened with Sakho today? Left the ground or some shit?

Didn't think Rojo was great today, he got caught under quite a few balls. But he didn't make any glaring errors and it did seem like he was trying to direct the back line which is better than what the other jokers get up to.

Scum

Didn't think Rojo was great today, he got caught under quite a few balls. But he didn't make any glaring errors and it did seem like he was trying to direct the back line which is better than what the other jokers get up to.

He was left out of the squad so he went home to play FUT.

Arnie

Don't think I'm going to read them. The next book isn't coming out for at least another 3 years. I don't want to read something that'll get me hyped up for it. I'd be fiending for more if I read them now.
Makes sense.

Think I'll do the same.
Went home when he wasn't on the bench.

To be fair to him if I was him and someone suggested they'd rather rely on Kolo Toure as a defensive option I'd probably get the hump, too. Pretty ludicrous, actually. Feel for Sakho. We play a system that's suicidal for central defenders and stick a 34 year old ahead of him as protection and then blame him entirely when things look a little ropey. Anyone who's seen him for France will know he's an excellent defender.

Rodgers not taking more of the blame for our defensive failings is one of my main gripes with him. But when he's brilliant everywhere else it's hard to get that annoyed.

Right, on a separate note, I've just setup my accounts in Excel so I know exactly what's happening with my money every month. From taxes to hair cuts to pints. It's fucking barmy. And also majorly depressing. London livings costs are astronomical and the clear reason why my mates can by clothes and iPhones and I'm sat here wondering how I can reduce my grocery deficit.

Scum

Makes sense.

Think I'll do the same.

Went home when he wasn't on the bench.

To be fair to him if I was him and someone suggested they'd rather rely on Kolo Toure as a defensive option I'd probably get the hump, too. Pretty ludicrous, actually. Feel for Sakho. We play a system that's suicidal for central defenders and stick a 34 year old ahead of him as protection and then blame him entirely when things look a little ropey. Anyone who's seen him for France will know he's an excellent defender.

Rodgers not taking more of the blame for our defensive failings is one of my main gripes with him. But when he's brilliant everywhere else it's hard to get that annoyed.

Right, on a separate note, I've just setup my accounts in Excel so I know exactly what's happening with my money every month. From taxes to hair cuts to pints. It's fucking barmy. And also majorly depressing. London livings costs are astronomical and the clear reason why my mates can by clothes and iPhones and I'm sat here wondering how I can reduce my grocery deficit.

Sakho & Squirtle. Oh, and you can start by cutting your hair innit. Shave it bald, Arn. Save your 15 quid.

FootballFan

Starting A Clash of Kings now, just finished doctor who and now I'm off to bed

I'm really annoyed because I ordered all the books and they've all come with the original covers apart from a feast for crows which has come with the tv tie in cover and the visual consistency is all off now

FUMING

Where did you order it from? Send in a complaint like Randy would.

K1LLER7

Decided to play Fifa UT earlier and came up against some guy/girl who had an attack full of midgets. Every attack, they would just lob the ball forwards in hope of getting behind the defence, which at the moment, consists of Sakho and a bunch of randoms with no pace.

It pissed me off so I just held the ball and they quit. Proceeded to get my first hate msg lol

Also wanted to buy Coman but costs too much :(

It does get weird sometimes but I'm not surprised if Real makes some serious moolah out beyond the football field.

We'd love them to be a pure football club but it's not surprising if they really buy players for their selling power innit? Of course, those players still need to be CL material because winning titles is still the best way to get your brand out there.

Jarnet87

anyone else getting a ridiculous amount of injuries in FIFA 15 career mode. First game of the season I lost Mata for 3 months, game 2 Falcao for 8 weeks. van Persie just went down and have to sub him out against Burnley lol.

Gurthang

Banned
anyone else getting a ridiculous amount of injuries in FIFA 15 career mode. First game of the season I lost Mata for 3 months, game 2 Falcao for 8 weeks. van Persie just went down and have to sub him out against Burnley lol.

That's cause BPL is the most physical league in the world innit

cashman

Banned
Makes sense.

Think I'll do the same.

Went home when he wasn't on the bench

To be fair to him if I was him and someone suggested they'd rather rely on Kolo Toure as a defensive option I'd probably get the hump, too. Pretty ludicrous, actually. Feel for Sakho. We play a system that's suicidal for central defenders and stick a 34 year old ahead of him as protection and then blamch. e him entirely when things look a little ropey. Anyone who's seen him for France will know he's an excellent defender.

Is player management an area of concern for Rodgers? Just recently heard about Agger saying he was the reason he left Liverpool and Reina also had issues to I think.

arkon

So this is what 3 points feels like...

Also good to see Southampton doing well after that transfer window. Would be brilliant if they could keep it up.

Arsene Wenger has confirmed Aaron Ramsey, Jack Wilshere and Mikel Arteta are out for the next week, meaning the injured trio will miss Arsenal's Champions League match against Galatasaray on Wednesday.

All three are likely to be absent for Arsenal's Premier League clash with Chelsea next Sunday after picking up injuries during the 1-1 draw against Tottenham Hotspur at the Emirates.

Wenger said: 'I don't know how long they will be out but they will be out next week. I think Ramsey is a hamstring (injury), and Arteta is a calf. Wilshere is an ankle.'

Hahaha fuck.

What a joke. Gonna get destroyed by Chelsea.

sohois

I hardly get to comment on matches anymore, just end up going to bed straight after, which I guess helps me to keep a less emotional perspective when I do comment - unlike a few other Liverpool fans who appear to be losing their sanity after the recent performances (looking at you Hitch).

The Everton game was one you would normally just write off as "one of those games" if it didn't come on the back of disappointment. Liverpool largely controlled the game, stuttering in attack but not putting a foot wrong in defence. Jagielka scores what is probably the only long range strike he'll ever score and that's that. Frustrating, but it's gonna happen sometimes.

Player by player: Mignolet was fine, untested basically. Manquillo solid as ever, Sktrel and Lovren did well against an extremely tepid attack. Moreno probably MotM, handled Lukaku with ease whilst still getting forward a lot. Gerrard's goal somewhat covered up his deficiencies. Defensively he had little to do, and Everton rarely targeted him, so one would expect a lot more but in attack he was either giving the ball away or leaving it to Henderson. Henderson himself would be the other contender for Motm, ran the midfield. Stirling looked bright but not his best in terms of final balls. Lallana was very effective but like Stirling lacked the killer ball.

On Markovic, my one comment at half time I noted that he was playing poorly because he had a very difficult job to do tactically, and that Rodgers needed to change it up with him. Lo and behold, he switched positions in the second half and was suddenly a lot more productive. Unlucky to be taken off, I feel. However, a big positive from the match was how Coutinho appeared revitalised in his cameo.

As for Balotelli, I noted someone posted some "stats" to show how Balotelli did poorly. In actual fact, those stats were very impressive for a striker, but the key stat remains bad - goals scored. I think in a lot of areas Balotelli did very well yesterday - tracking back, picking out some intelligent passes and making some good tackles. But I wonder if the new responsibilities he is having to do are making it harder for him to concentrate on his attacking game. Regardless, he needs to learn how to contribute as a team member first, it's just unfortunate that Liverpool are relying on him as the main striker at the the same time.

Finally, the disappointment of the result was compounded by seeing the major top 4 rivals win once again - no, not United, Southampton. Some joked about them being top 4 contenders but they should have been genuine. Anyone who cares at all for stats, all of the models I follow have Southampton as the far greater threat than United (or Tottenham or Everton or someone).

Slizz

Bigger picture Hope Solo might not have a place on the USWNT. Nothing to do with the leaks, all about domestic violence.

There has been a lot of debates recently on her and the subject.

If you have backaches often try buying a foam roller and use it to do back stretches and to massage tight muscles. If mine is hurting at night I use it for about 5 mins and my back feels about 15 pounds lighter afterward.

Just lay on the floor for 10 minutes and put some voltoral gel on and it seems to be easing.

Fucking raking leaves in the garden that's done it.

GorillaJu

Just lay on the floor for 10 minutes and put some voltoral gel on and it seems to be easing.

Fucking raking leaves in the garden that's done it.

Yeah. Another thing you can do right now without equipment is lay with your arms spread out and put your legs up on a chair at a 90 degree angle, like you're sitting down on with your back to the floor. Gravity will realign your hips and it'll ease your back a bit.

Can you tell I've been dealing with this shit for years? Fucking heavy squats were a terrible idea for a guy like me. :lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I CANT

Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci is fired up by getting insulted in the dark and punched in the stomach, said his mental coach.

The Italy and Juve centre-back has for years been working with personal motivator Alberto Ferrarini, who also worked with Alberto Gilardino and Francesco Toldo in the past.

“Over the years I took Bonucci into my basement. Underground. In the dark,” wrote Ferrarini on Facebook.

“There, with a tone anything but kind or sweet, I offended him in every way possible. I judged him. I insulted him.

“If he made even the slightest attempt to glance at me, he’d receive a punch straight to the stomach.

“The objective? To win over judgement, so Leo would always be focused and ignore everything else around him. That’s how I started making him into a soldier.”
Bonucci-crying.jpg

Zabojnik

I miss Evra. Oppo fans absolutely hated him and he revelled in it. He was an awful defender though and frequently looked like he couldn't be bothered to track back.

Juve's problem now.

He really is, lol. Thank the gods for Asamoah.

Yeah, the stories about Bonucci and his 'mental coach' are amazing. But hey, seems to be working, somewhat. You know who doesn't need a pussy ass mental coach?

BykVgSQCIAAKsRo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom