• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens leaks (June 28th, Trailer, Screenshots, More)

MADGAME

Hair is grey here...?

Now if you are talking about this one below, which looks to be Endor (not in the new film), then it seemingly is a flashback.

Yeah I was commenting on the only image of him in the OP, the young looking Han. At first it looked like they were on Takodana, since this is a Force Awakens game I didn't initially think Enfor would be included.

JTripper

I'll definitely be getting this. I'm intrigued about how they'll handle the story content that takes place prior to TFA.

I expect it won't be anything too substantial to the lore besides some fan service answers to things mentioned in the movie, like C3-PO's arm and such. I expect more Rey scavenging on Jakku, Stormtrooper Finn, Poe Pilot Adventures and Han and Chewie Space Smuggler Stories, which actually sound pretty fun despite that sounding pretty dismissive. Still, I'm excited to play since this is the first full TFA game to release and they're just fun games. The Lego Star Wars games are my favorite linear ones that don't include open worlds like Marvel Super Heroes or Batman.

Imagine if they actually go the full mile with the backstory and we get to play as Luke before his
island exile? Or Kylo with the Knight of Ren?

Ristifer

I expect it won't be anything too substantial to the lore besides some fan service answers to things mentioned in the movie, like C3-PO's arm and such. I expect more Rey scavenging on Jakku, Stormtrooper Finn, Poe Pilot Adventures and Han and Chewie Space Smuggler Stories, which actually sound pretty fun despite that sounding pretty dismissive. Still, I'm excited to play since this is the first full TFA game to release and they're just fun games. The Lego Star Wars games are my favorite linear ones that don't include open worlds like Marvel Super Heroes or Batman.

Imagine if they actually go the full mile with the backstory and we get to play as Luke before his
island exile? Or Kylo with the Knight of Ren?
You're probably right. I'm not expecting some huge backstory elements in between trilogies or anything, but until release, I can dream a little bit that we might get something along those lines haha.

-griffy-

Banned
If Boyega's post on Instagram means what I assumed it means, then the actors recorded dialog for the game, which means it shouldn't just be limited to dialog lifted from the movie:
john_boyega said:
Out of all that I had foreseen or hoped this wasn't one of them! Had an amazing time reprising my role as Finn in a very interesting way. #LEGOvideogame #FN2187

Is it bad that I'm excited for this game?

The Star Wars LEGO games were the only LEGO games I liked. If nobody else does, I'm making a PC performance thread for this game.

At the end of the day these are family games. They will be on everything imaginable.
Yup.

I'd be willing to bet the last gen versions will easily outsell the current. A huge chunk of the family/children base are still on 360.

Edit - Here's the order from the NPD results for Jurassic World in its debut month (June):

360 > 3DS > PS3 > XBO > NWU > PS4 > PSV

So yeah.

Just_one

Might get this one :)

someone mention that TT games has 2 games still this year....

so that would be one any idea or rumours of the other one?

started playing Lego Marvel Super Heroes on PS4 and goddamn the game is amazing to play in single player but a mess in co-op.

a little bit off topic how does everyone rank them in single player and co-op?

my take :

single player : Lego Marvel
co-op : Lego LOTR or The Hobbit (which in my opinion are the best lego games ever made)

WillyFive

Graphics are fantastic as expected out of a Lego game, and the trailer was excellent. I loved the original Lego Star Wars games, I want this one too.

But it only being based on one movie and its imminent release date worries me.

mreddie

If Boyega's post on Instagram means what I assumed it means, then the actors recorded dialog for the game, which means it shouldn't just be limited to dialog lifted from the movie:

sM0wZS0.gif

EDIT: Also noticed the PS exclusive for this is similar to Avengers with a Level Pack and Character Pack and a season pass? I assume Eps IV-VI greatest hits, Rebels and Rogue One?

Ennosuke

Excited for this one. The old lego star wars games were awesome. Those games had a great sense of humor. I think there is great potential for Kylo.

RyanW

Super excited for this. Only thing that bothers is me is exclusive content. Is the exclusive Lego Avengers content timed exclusive or is it only going to be on PS4? If the former then that gives me hope for this

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
This is the big Warner Bros reveal? Seriously WB? Your Superman IP sits rotting and this is what you have to show? Urghh...

I was hoping it was going to be a Batman and Superman game.

WillyFive

It bothers me that the world isn't lego.

I didn't like that not even when the first Lego Star Wars came out.

After the LEGO Movie game came out, it annoys me how later games still don't follow with that 110% Lego art style.

However, it doesn't bother me much here because it matches the old games.

Toothless

A part of me wishes they just waited for a full Sequel Trilogy game. After all, LEGO Rogue One and LEGO Han Solo could've both one-off games.

What am I saying, I'm probably gonna buy this because I'm a Star Wars nut.

I was going to ask if this was the first time they'd ever made a LEGO game based off of just one movie (which honestly had me excited, because I'd like to see what they do with that limit), but then I remembered reading how they'll be extending the story to tell what happened between ROTJ and Ep. 7.

Fishook

As much as a love Lego games (only games I 100% complete), They are getting too regular for my liking and then become chore to complete.

But its not just Lego games are guilty of this, games are just filled with repetative tasks and mindless filler. Even more streamlined games such as Rise of the Tomb Raider are guilty of this.

I was going to ask if this was the first time they'd ever made a LEGO game based off of just one movie (which honestly had me excited, because I'd like to see what they do with that limit), but then I remembered reading how they'll be extending the story to tell what happened between ROTJ and Ep. 7.

The Lego Movie Videogame (which was developed by TT Fusion) is currently the first and only one to be based off of one movie. 15 missions + prologue and a small handful of quests. Probably the smallest Lego game all around, definitely smaller than stuff like Marvel and LotR with their shit-tons of overworld quests. Still pretty good though, I actually enjoyed the smaller load after having just finished Marvel.

It bothers me that the world isn't lego.

I didn't like that not even when the first Lego Star Wars came out.

After the LEGO Movie game came out, it annoys me how later games still don't follow with that 110% Lego art style.

However, it doesn't bother me much here because it matches the old games.

I used to think that too, but honestly I think I like it better as is. It makes it much more clear at a glance what is and isn't capable of being interacted with, and it makes things generally easier to follow without everything being bricks.

Super excited for this. Only thing that bothers is me is exclusive content. Is the exclusive Lego Avengers content timed exclusive or is it only going to be on PS4? If the former then that gives me hope for this

The content is timed-exclusive for both games, though I don't know if it has been said how long the exclusivity deal lasts for Avengers. For Force Awakens though, the exact dates are on the box. It's hard to read on Amazon, but the Droid Character Pack is exclusive until either 8/26 or 9/26, and the Phantom Limb Level Pack, which releases sometime in early August, is exclusive until 11/07.

TimFL

How different would the games be really if they dropped older consoles?
A LEGO Marvel Avengers representative said that old gen holds them back quite a bit and that they are waiting for the call to drop old gen to add more stuff.
At least that's what I heard in a preview gameplay video of some interviewer (he recited the dev so no one knows if he just made it up).
Currently on my phone at work so I'll see if I find the vid later at home, it was german though.

The Lego Movie Videogame (which was developed by TT Fusion) is currently the first and only one to be based off of one movie. 15 missions + prologue and a small handful of quests. Probably the smallest Lego game all around, definitely smaller than stuff like Marvel and LotR with their shit-tons of overworld quests. Still pretty good though, I actually enjoyed the smaller load after having just finished Marvel.

I thought about this and forgot about The LEGO Movie Video Game. I don't know how, though, because it popped into my mind the other day when I was thinking about ones I'd beaten.

Sometimes my head doesn't work right.

That was a pretty good game, actually. One of the better LEGO games. It had variety, and wasn't as repetitive or dull as most.

I thought about this and forgot about The LEGO Movie Video Game. I don't know how, though, because it popped into my mind the other day when I was thinking about ones I'd beaten.

Sometimes my head doesn't work right.

That was a pretty good game, actually. One of the better LEGO games. It had variety, and wasn't as repetitive or dull as most.
It was also to bring in the original cast to do additional voiceover. We know that The Force Awakens is doing at least some of that, but I'm doubting we'll get much involvement from the classic trilogy cast...

Oynox

Chewbacca looks like somebody had diarrhea on his face...

But I am glad that they included some old material.

Is anywhere a writeup of the information from the article?

womp

I would love it if they 'remastered' the older complete saga game. It really shows its age and they have advanced the LEGO 'engine' so much since then.

raviolico

"During Blaster Battles, use your surroundings as cover to stand against the First Order"

Huh? So does this mean Uncharted/Gears cover mechanics or what?

Top Bottom