• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens leaks (June 28th, Trailer, Screenshots, More)

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Wish they had waited until Episode IX to make this. Remeber Lego Hobbit? They ended off on the 2nd film and it was never completed. This screams cash-in a bit.

Put me on the side that wants movie voice lines. Part of the appeal of Lego Avengers was hearing some of my favorite actors voices while playing an adorable recreation of the movie.

My boy BB-8 also needs to have his own level. Maybe Captain Phasma will be more relevant in the game too XD

I'll be honest - if Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens doesn't have Matt the Radar Technician in it, somebody is doing something wrong.

CiK_becb.jpg

Do it TT.

Scotia

Banned
The game will also feature exclusive playable content that takes players on adventures between Star Wars: Episode VI: Return of the Jedi and Star Wars: The Force Awakens, providing additional insight about the new movie and its characters.

Sold

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
DAY FUCKING ONE

HOLY FXKIGDRUJTEYJUJ SHIIT

KYLO REN LEGO

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The game will also feature exclusive playable content that takes players on adventures between Star Wars: Episode VI: Return of the Jedi and Star Wars: The Force Awakens, providing additional insight about the new movie and its characters.

Sold

Yeah, that part could turn out to be really interesting. I hope they focus on the story of the main characters pre TFA.

I'll be honest - if Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens doesn't have Matt the Radar Technician in it, somebody is doing something wrong.

CiK_becb.jpg

TT is usually pretty good about throwing in characters you would never expect, especially joke characters. In Lego LOTR, there's a specific "Weary Frodo" character. He can't do anything other than smash things and walk around like he's about to collapse.

Yeah, that part could turn out to be really interesting. I hope they focus on the story of the main characters pre TFA.

I could see it covering events similar to Before The Awakening like Finn training in combat simulations with the First Order, Rey scavenging for parts etc.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I could see it covering events similar to Before The Awakening like Finn training in combat simulations with the First Order, Rey scavenging for parts etc.

Yeah, this what I was thinking about. Have those like introductory playable chapters for the characters. And that could actually be fun.

I finally got around to starting Lego Marvel Ultimate Superheroes and have been enjoying it with my son for the past few days. This announcement makes me excited to play it after finally giving these games a shot.

Looks pretty fantastic actually. If those are in-game graphics, thats pretty impressive. Looks more like an animated movie.

JTripper

Put me on the side that wants movie voice lines. Part of the appeal of Lego Avengers was hearing some of my favorite actors voices while playing an adorable recreation of the movie.

I hate the movie lines, especially in Lego Avengers. Maybe because the sound mixing done with that was bad but the movie lines in Avengers takes me out each time I hear them.

I'll take pantomime with my Force Awakens please.

Though hearing Kylo's (or Snoke?) voice in the trailer indicates it'll probably be original lines. I REALLY hope they don't include direct movie lines. In any case if they do, I hope it isn't a recording of the movie itself and more just a voice actor reciting the lines like the trailer sounds.

Arnie7

Banned
Not this shit again. Star wars is going to become saturated as hell over the next few years. We are all going to be sick of it.

As always, I'm all in for another LEGO game. They're usually good fun. I still have a few to finish before this one comes out. I just started Batman 3 about 2 weeks back, but haven't put too much time into it. I'm also just about done with The Hobbit.

I bought the Harry Potter games on Wii, but I don't need to jump into those right away. I mostly just wanted to have a full collection of LEGO games. I also need to start Jurassic Park.

The first collection of LEGO Star Wars games were great, but they were basically silent films. It'll be nice to finally have voices.

Once I unlock Captain Phasma, I'm going to give her the story she should have had in the movies. She'll be the hero!

bumpkin

Saw the trailer, was psyched.

Saw "season pass" on the cover, became less psyched.

Seriously, who started this shit? Was it Cliffy and Epic with Gears of War 2?

Alienous

This only covers core games on consoles and PC.

Children's titles, casual titles, and mobile games are all available.

How do we know this? No way that it's written into a contract as vaguely as that.

It seems like Disney can use the Star Wars IP with no restrictions. I would guess that EA has any exclusivity but is simply allowed to also make them, but to whatever extent Disney allows.

I don't have anything against Lego games but does every movie licensed game have to be one? I'm well aware of the history of movie licensed games, but I'd rather see different efforts regardless. They're pretty well made but they never scratch the itch. Lego Jurassic World was cool but I'd much rather have had something more, same with this. It's either Lego or toys to life stuff and I'm definitely not paying the cost for Disney Infinity.

Still, it'll probably be decent. I'd just like to see something else with stuff like this. My idea of a good Star Wars or Jurassic Park tie-in is a bit different than comedic takes on movie scenes and collecting Lego blocks.

Ristifer

I'll definitely be getting this. I'm intrigued about how they'll handle the story content that takes place prior to TFA.

Top Bottom