• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens leaks (June 28th, Trailer, Screenshots, More)

Eggbok

Just please don't cheap out and do what avengers does (rips out movie lines). It sounds so terrible , use fake voices I don't care

You mean using direct audio from the movies? Because they've been doing that for years, Lord of the Rings and Jurassic Park for example.

Wil348

I'm not usually all that interested in the Lego games but as somebody who loved the Star Wars ones I am so hyped that this is happening! Day one for sure, even if it is a standard Lego game, I've been wanting one based on TFA.

Rootbeer

Banned
People in the LEGO community have been wondering when this polybag is coming out...

lego-starwas-polybag-30605.jpg

... I think we have our answer. It's the Pre-order bonus for the game (Gamestop in the USA), most likely.

I will pre-order the handheld version to get the pre-order bonus, and get the Steam version as well. I own all of the LEGO games on Steam and aim to keep it that way. Now that I have the XBox One Elite Controller it's the ultimate way to play these games, IMO.

Bought. It's been a long time since my last LEGO game. Makes sense to jump back in with my favourite franchise.

I was actually expecting them to hold off until Rogue One was released and do a TFA/Rogue One mash up. They were never going to wait for the entire trilogy.

You mean using direct audio from the movies? Because they've been doing that for years, Lord of the Rings and Jurassic Park for example.
In The Lord of the Rings it sounded great. {i]Jurassic Park[/i] was okay for most of the lines. In Avengers it sounds horrible.

Shang

I still secretly hope that they'll go back to the pantomime style of the old Lego games, but I know it'll never happen.

Announcement trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EESiEO5D-PM

Has playable content first available on Playstation, just like LEGO Marvel Avengers.

I hope this game has open world content. I'm sure it will, but it will be the first LEGO SW game with that... yay!

Awesome full trailer , something about the look just looks unique compared to past games , mind you none of it is probably gameplay footage .

I hope they change it up somewhat , as much as I love the Lego games (especially with my family) I hope this can sprinkle in a few unique ideas

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I think they are fully within their right to remove it, but likely won't. we'll see
They usually don't, at least in Canada. People got Xenoblade Chronicles X for $15 due to a price error in Amazon.

Anyways this is easily a day one purchase for me. That trailer was absolutely fantastic.

-griffy-

Banned
So I'm guessing we can look forward to one of these at least every other June for the foreseeable future, unless they do these for the spinoffs too in which case every June.

They won't. Amazon is pretty awesome. If they do remove it, you respond by talking to their CS and they'll honor the price.

Cool. I was gonna get it anyway, but at this price how can I not.

Went with Xbox One because I have loads of XB1 controllers in the house and only a single PS4 controller, and I want to play this with my wife.

How much content am I missing out on this way due to the PS4 exclusive stuff?

KevinG

Cool. I was gonna get it anyway, but at this price how can I not.

Went with Xbox One because I have loads of XB1 controllers in the house and only a single PS4 controller, and I want to play this with my wife.

How much content am I missing out on this way due to the PS4 exclusive stuff?

I think most of the PS4 stuff will eventually be on the One.

You make a good point about the controllers. I forgot Lego games are cooperative. I have my Elite and launch controllers on the One. Probably going to cancel my PS4 preorder in favor of the One.

I think most of the PS4 stuff will eventually be on the One.

You make a good point about the controllers. I forgot Lego games are cooperative. I have my Elite and launch controllers on the One. Probably going to cancel my PS4 preorder in favor of the One.

I'm an ID@Xbox dev so I have lots of those controllers around. I buy all my local coop games on Xbox because of this.

Rootbeer

Banned
That extra Amazon discount pushed me to preorder for both Xbox One and PS4.

I grabbed the PS4 Deluxe edition (20% off is good enough for me for what it contains), and got both the 3ds and vita versions for 40% off. I will cancel one after i decide which to keep.

KevinG

I want that "BB on Board" sticker for my new minivan, so I don't feel so lame having given up my Jeep for it.

My wife will be a 8.5 month pregnant couch potato when this comes out. Perfect timing.

And my daughter will be turning 2 a few days before, almost old enough to play a Lego game, right?

Top Bottom