• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break coming to PC and Xbox simultaneously on April 5th (?)

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
PC > XBONE confirmed again

At this point Xbox looks to be an entry level PC with TV integration and no cheating in multiplayer. They should just do it all the way and allow any Windows app and game to be started on Xbox. In a way they are already doing what Steam OS always said they would do.

AP90

MS needs to get on top of this cross buy thing, I would really like that

This would help push things in the right direction.

And to settle the cross play thing, maybe having xbl gold sub on the console allows you to access cross play or something. But I do not think they will ever remove xbl sub component as it helps maintain services and support for the console and it's servers.

pastrami

Games are Universal apps. No mods, injectors, exclusive fullscreen,...

For example:
No FPS overlays, delayed patches with less features (the latest steam patch added more graphical options and better SLI support).

For one no tools such as MSI afterburner or any overlay/injector like program works with it because it's not packaged in the exe format.

Edit - Beaten...

Yuk. Remind me to never ever buy games from the Windows 10 Store.

I guess the one sliver of hope I have of the game not being Windows 10 Store exclusive is that Remedy is not a first party studio. Assuming this rumor is true in the first place.

Bessy67

Maybe MS is looking at the picture here. But they just lost their only shot at selling me an XBOX One with that decision.

I feel like they're losing a lot of customers for next generation too. I really like my Xbox One but I don't see myself buying the next console if I can just get all the same games on PC.

Poster#1

In other words, having exclusive content on a platform makes said platform more appealing which drives console sales, or at least Nintendo and Sony believe that to be true.

Most people here don't play/own games on PC. Guess which console has QB.

Only people on boards care. People will still buy it on a console because it's a reason of form factor. You know what is stronger than exclusives ? Form factor and ecosystems.

Oh, I agree up to a certain degree. I prefer consoles to PC by a mile exactly for those reasons.
Nevertheless PC version will steal some software sales from Xbox and will hold back some people from buying an Xbox.

This is not the message the XboxOne needed. Sure, big picture, Xbox as service and Win10 and stuff, but suddenly Quantum Break looks a bit less powerful as a sales driver for Xbox One than 2 hours ago.

Exactly, and since MS conventiently owns the default gaming OS and have a store that's integrated in the OS (so no cut to pay to anyone) they have the most to gain for a presence on PC.

Nevermind the potential unification of Windows with Xbox eventually.

What does this even mean? MS has had the default OS on PC's for decades and they've done fuck all with it, basically leaving the window open for Valve to sneak in and take that market. The windows store is a joke compared to the app store and google play.

Xando

I feel like they're losing a lot of customers for next generation too. I really like my Xbox One but I don't see myself buying the next console if I can just get all the same games on PC.

Well technically if you switch to PC you will stay their customer. With the current windows push the next xbox will probably be a low end windows 10 PC for the TV.

This is not the message the XboxOne needed. Sure, big picture, Xbox as service and Win10 and stuff, but suddenly Quantum Break looks a bit less powerful as a sales driver for Xbox One than 2 hours ago.

If Halo 5 didn't do much QB won't to anything either.

fantomena

you only wanted your Xbox One for one game??

Im considering selling it since I rarely use it anyway. Halo bores me (I had difficulty finishing Halo 5), I don't really care about Gears anymore and no interest in Scalebound and most of the other exclusives except for games from Remedy and Forza.

Bessy67

Well technically if you switch to PC you will stay their customer. With the current windows push the next xbox will probably be a low end windows 10 PC for the TV.
Still their customer for 1st party games, but they'll lose a lot of XBL subs and a lot of revenue from third party game sales if people stop buying their consoles.

That's weird.

I don't think its weird at all. If they're doing away with exclusives wholesale or its dice roll on what first party software is or isn't going to get announced for PC, I'll just buy a console for dirt cheap at the end of the generation to play the stragglers that don't make it to PC.

CHC

Great news, I'm now interested. Quantum Break looked cool but I just can't shell out for an Xbox One right now, I have no money or space. I really love Remedy and their unique style, can't wait for this.

QaaQer

Oh, I agree up to a certain degree. I prefer consoles to PC by a mile exactly for those reasons.
Nevertheless PC version will steal some software sales from Xbox and will hold back some people from buying an Xbox.

It is also possible that MS has data showing QB isn't worth much exclusive or not. I don't think we'll have a full picture until we have reviews and customer reaction.

Jameson

Im considering selling it since I rarely use it anyway. Halo bores me (I had difficulty finishing Halo 5), I don't really care about Gears anymore and no interest in Scalebound and most of the other exclusives except for games from Remedy and Forza.

I'm going to wait for E3 before I make any decision on my Xbox.

Lister

Banned
Will buy the shit out of a pc version for sure.

Loving the silly people arguing against this too.

But, but it makes xbone less appealing! To whom? PC gamers? That ship has sailed, im afraid. To the mainstream console crowd who dont know what a gpu is? Hardly. To the console hardcore like you find in gaff, the ones shouting comfy couch and port begging in every pc exclusive thread? Ha! Like their going to change the personality theyve built around a console brand.

The only thing Sony and Microsoft are getting out of not putting games on PC is less revenue.

The Simlaunch worked great for us with Ori and the Blind Forest. Glad to see Microsoft is doing it for other titles now, too - if the rumor is true :)

Let's be honest, how many people would've bought it solely for Quantum Break ? The only people concerned are the one who own a powerful PC, loves to play on PC for all the advantages, and were interested in the game.

Xando

Still their customer for 1st party games, but they'll lose a lot of XBL subs and a lot of revenue from third party game sales if people stop buying their consoles.

Not if you're going to buy the games from the windows store (I think convincing people to buy there will be a big focus for them over the next years).

More like, all of their subs. MS ain't dropping out of consoles unless they can figure out a way to charge windows users for live. Their XBL subscriptions would have to taper off radically.

Bessy67

Not if you're going to buy the games from the windows store (I think convincing people to buy there will be a big focus for them over the next years).
I feel like MS is way too late to the game to seriously compete with Steam on 3rd party game sales.

That is the problem. Steam has become ubiquitous with PC gaming and that doesn't look like its going to change anytime soon, if ever.

I feel like MS is way too late to the game to seriously compete with Steam on 3rd party game sales.

Better late than never.

Steam just got significant growth in in the last 5-7 years or so. And Microsoft is here to stay in the industry for decades to come. We don't know what will happen in the PC gaming scenes next decade. Anything can happen.

Durante

Better late than never.

Steam just got significant growth in in the last 5-7 years or so. And Microsoft is here to stay in the industry for decades to come. We don't know what will happen in the PC gaming scenes next decade. Anything can happen.
I really don't see how anyone would trust a Microsoft service with their PC library after GFWL.

patapuf

Well, if it's doing that great, why the Xbox One is on sale in France currently, at 165€ (185$)?

I don't think that the XO is MEGA bombing, but at least it's not working as they excpected. If so, why bringing all their exclusives to PC? And now on Day One? To promote W10 yes... But if they're so much focus on W10 gaming now, it's because what they sell on Xbox One don't satisfy them.

I sold my XO last summer for some reason and wanted to buy another one for Quantum Break and Killer Instinct and also ReCore... But all those games are coming to PC... They litterally lost a sale with me, and I don't think that I'm the only one.

But anyway yeah that's great, I prefer have only 1 machine than many (well PC+WiiU to be exact).

What people seem to forget is that "i buy a console for exclusives" is actually not that great for the manufacturer unless you put out as much stuff as Nintendo.

MS (and Sony) don't earn money when you buy a console. They earn money when you buy games. A PC gamer is unlikely to buy any 3rd party games on Xbox, he is unlikely to have an Xbox live subscription. He buys the first party games he wants - and for MS, they get the exact same amount of money on the W10 store than they do on Xbox.

In fact, having the Win 10 Store be more popular is probably strategically more important to MS than a few console sales.

Jrs3000

MS sees it as you're buying the game regardless from them so you can have your platform of choice plus they may get higher margins from selling on PC if it digital only, no need for retail cut. The incentive for xb1 over PC is the 2 BC titles along with game. I also doubt they'll ever price PC lower than xb1 anytime soon.

Mendrox

Are you implying that Windows for PC is free?

What. You can get Windows 10 for less than 10$ if you are no moron.

450.000 people play Tomb Raider rather on PC than on Xbox One. Of course the Xbox One will feel that if Microsoft keeps porting the games to PC. I am happy for Remedy, but this is just bad... why should I buy a Xbox One if I can get the exklusives on PC and just have to have a PS4 and Wii U this gen ( like I have).

Maybe it is just different here in Germany, but people will play their games on PC if they can. PC gaming is easier than ever.

I am just mad that Halo MCC and 5 sucked so much ass that I literally start to hate Halo. That Tomb Raider was an exclusive game which didn't help them at all and that now they just port everything to PC. Sunset Overdrive when?

Edit: Also Windows 10 Store won't do shit for Microsoft. Tomb Raider universal app is horrible. GFWL was horrible and this is horrible too (just...less horrible).

Hope people realize they will need to buy it from the Windows Store which is evil incarnate!!!
I'd rather have it on pc in some forms than not at all

I hope they still put it out on steam, there are plenty of MS games on there as is like Fable Anniversary and such so they've had activity on the platform as of late.

Top Bottom