• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break coming to PC and Xbox simultaneously on April 5th (?)

PaulloDEC

Fantastic news. I'd gotten used to the idea that I wouldn't be playing this for a while, but now I can let myself be excited again. Love me some Remedy.

Unai

Quantum Break's PC edition is the latest in Microsoft's wider push to expand its games across console and PC. Games currently in development for both platforms includes Gears of War 4, ReCore, Scalebound, and Fable Legends.

WAT

This is not new thing.

It sure is.

Edit: false alarm.

New info from my friend, who work with MS:

The game is coming to Steam and Win10 Store. :)

Is this guy verified?

From the Gamespot article:

Who knows if it's a mistake, but it's interesting.

it is a mistake, read above. They already edited it. It says this now

Quantum Break's PC edition is the latest in Microsoft's wider push to expand its games across console and PC. Games currently in development for both platforms includes ReCore, Sea of Thieves and Fable Legends.

Glad to see Quantum Break coming to PC though. Now i may be able to get my friend to play it xD

EGM1966

Sony first party and second party are only ps4 not pc ;)I bought the x1 for exclusive and instead I find myself a useless console.
You know I'm kind of surprised this comes up for Xbox. Look at last gen, how many apparent exclusives stayed exclusive? Damn few IMHO. MS model has never been focused on true exclusives and in particular going back to original Xbox most titles have ended up on PC.

TBH I'd argue three generations of Xbox have made it clear, a few franchises aside, the last reason to get an Xbox is exclusives. Sony and Nintendo? Sure a fair chunk of their games will always be exclusive but that's never been the case with Xbox. Heck even Halo and Gears partially made it to PC.

I honestly can't fathom why anyone would by an Xbox thinking they've bought into a huge ecosystem of exclusives because that's never been the case. At peak with 360 you were mostly getting early access and that was it.

This gen, with high cost of big budget game development exclusives are only getting thinner on the ground.

You should buy an Xbox because you prefer LIVE, the controller, the other features and the ecosystem but unless you have to have the consoles relatively light number of true exclusives you're going to mostly being playing multiplatfofm games and the biggest crossover will likely be with PC (Ori, Ryse, and many others as examples going right back to launch titles).

Portugeezer

Huh? You know those were IP not owned by MS right?

Wouldn't that just depend on the contact though? Like, Sunset Overdrive is not owned by MS, so do people expect it on PC just because of that fact alone?

A Remedy game on the other hand seems more plausible, but I don't expect a simultaneous release.

Wouldn't that just depend on the contact though? Like, Sunset Overdrive is not owned by MS yet do people expect it on PC just because of that fact alone?

A Remedy game on the other hand seems more plausible, but I don't expect a simultaneous release.

But MS are already showing what their strategy is for owned IP and its Win10/Xbox Eco. How does it make sense to add Steam

mcrommert

Banned
This is 100% a windows store only title

xboxone_game_box.png

Good...companies should work on their own brand not building up valves backwards platform

MUnited83

For you.
This is 100% a windows store only title

xboxone_game_box.png

Good...companies should work on their own brand not building up valves backwards platform
Windows 10 only games can be put on Steam, you know?

Lol @ saying "valve's backwards platform" considering all the fucking limitations and backwards idiocy the Windows 10 store comes with.

Windows 10 store is pretty awful. I'm not really sure how they managed to screw it up so badly considering their competition. If Microsoft wants to create a real platform they'll have to do much better. That being said I'm still glad it's coming to PC.

mcrommert

Banned
Windows 10 store is pretty awful. I'm not really sure how they managed to screw it up so badly considering their competition. If Microsoft wants to create a real platform they'll have to do much better. That being said I'm still glad it's coming to PC.

Redstone update for windows 10 will clean up a lot of the store issues...store is definitely a very ver 1.0 product at this point. Expect the changes when they merge xbox one and win 10 store

Windows 10 only games can be put on Steam, you know?

It's more to do with MS terminology - the term "Windows 10" is usually used to represent the store-front. For example when Rise of the Tomb Raider was dated for PC the MS press release specially mentioned a Steam release and a Windows 10 one.

It's pretty bad wording on their part.

Amazing news, hope we can get the code even if we preorder the physical edition.

Also lol @ recomended specs being almost thrice the amount of power an Xbox One has

Sydle

But MS are already showing what their strategy is for owned IP and its Win10/Xbox Eco. How does it make sense to add Steam

More sales and users.

They'd still require Windows 10 and Live. Steam has Uplay on it, too, so I don't see why they would tell MS no.

Apparently buying the game on Xbox One will get you the PC version too? Fucking crazy...

"Every Xbox One Quantum Break pre-order made through the Xbox Store or participating retailers will get you a download code for the Windows 10 version of Quantum Break and Xbox One backwards compatible version of Alan Wake’s American Nightmare."

http://remedygames.com/quantum-break-pre-orders-and-previews-launch-windows-10-version-announced/
Hm, wonder what them participating retailers are then. Retailer I pre-ordered from is 14% cheaper than others, so hopefully that's one.

Top Bottom