• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dean Cain and Helen Slater join 'Supergirl' cast

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Blast from the past!

http://tvline.com/2015/02/27/supergirl-cbs-helen-slater-dean-cain-tv-series-cast/

How’s this for super-meta casting: Helen Slater and Dean Cain have landed guest-starring roles on CBS’s Supergirl, TVLine has learned.

Slater, of course, played Kara on the big screen in 1984’s Supergirl, while Cain starred as the Man of Steel in ABC’s Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman. And both guest-starred on the WB/CW Superman drama Smallville, Slater in the role of Clark/Kal-El’s Krypton mom Lara, and Cain as the immortal Dr. Curtis Knox.

Details on who the pair will be playing in the pilot are being kept under lock and key (but feel free to speculate away in the comments).

As previously reported, Laura Benanti (Nashville) will play Kara’s birth mother, Alura Zor-El, who continues to guide her daughter across space and time.

Effect

If they're cast together and are meant to appear together I can see the following.

- Kara's adoptive parents.
- Jor-El and Lara in flashbacks to Krypton
- Jonathan and Martha Kent

They did the same thing on the Flash where John Wesley Shipp who played the Flash in the 90s TV series was casted as Barry Allen/Flash's father in the new series. He's appeared several times now in that role.

bjork

I liked Dean Cain as Superman, I'm glad to see him playing something other than a creep. Seems every time I catch him in a movie or something, he's a murderer or in jail or something.

anaron

soooooo, so happy they're including Helen. I was worried and disappointed that she would be left out. feels complete now

lol at Dean Cain tho

GrayFoxPL

I liked Dean Cain as Superman, I'm glad to see him playing something other than a creep. Seems every time I catch him in a movie or something, he's a murderer or in jail or something.

Hey, life got to Man of Steel. Real shit.

Effect

Use to love Dean Cain, until he went Kevin Sorbo Right Wing crazy

I remember he came up in a topic about Sorbo sometime last year but I thought the general feeling was that while he's conservative he's not been stupid the way Sorbo has been. Sorbo who made some racist comments even. He also didn't go all religious on people. That he's been pretty calm and decent in his interactions with people. I didn't remember hearing any negatives about him. Unless that's wrong.

Slayven

Dean Cain had better be playing a villianous, athiest asshole.

Considering his views he can play Bloodsport.

RiuOgmr.jpg

Awesome. Loved Lois and Clark. Helen Slater was a crush of mine back in the day. Billy Jean =O

It's kinda funny, these days Superman in comics is more often drawn looking closer to Dean Cain than other actors who played the role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom