• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Treasury Secretary to announce Harriet Tubman to replace Jackson on the $20 bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoveOven

Banned
The Lincoln Memorial thing is a cool idea. I'm just picturing how crowded the back of the 10 and 5 are going to look now with 3-5 people on them

23IXq5E.jpg

Same here, for an emergency, I do keep a single 20 stashed away in the car and in my bag. That way, should I ever need a cab or something, I will be fine until I can get to the bank.

Tubman is absolutely deserving on being in currency, and I also like the idea of tweaking the 5 a bit too. I just really dislike Hamilton and the, well, you know, start of the seeds of the Fed. I'm not a libertarian, but that is something I kinda see eye to eye on with some of them, about the Fed. I'd be so happy if they got rid of Hamilton. Getting rid of Hamilton, AJ, and Grant while tweaking the 5 in one fell swoop is probably asking for too much though.

FOH. Ulysses S Grant was an American hero.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Everyone on a bill is an American hero, each for different reason.

AJ for me for helping kill the seeds of what we now call the Fed, though the Fed still one in the end.

Trying to understand you is like training for first contact.

nilbog21

Banned
Can't believe Thomas Jefferson lost his fucking bill .. he definitely needs to be brought back.. NOOONE in this countrys history deserves it more

dLMN8R

What a perfectly sad encapsulation of American politics.

Legitimizing a horrific human being by keeping him on the same bill as the heroic women who successfully undermined everything he ever stood for.

Just like every bullshit cable news interview where they think they need to legitimize "both sides" of an argument which clearly has a correct and incorrect side.

I don't believe this. If people could get Harriet on the bill in the first place, there should be a way to get this into circulation faster. This is too important not to happen now.

Cimarron

Excellent. Would it make me a bad person if this makes me want to go to the deep south and pay for everything with twenties now? Lol!

In all seriousness I can imagine that thier is going to be some very salty racist tears shed over this! 😃

I don't believe this. If people could get Harriet on the bill in the first place, there should be a way to get this into circulation faster. This is too important not to happen now.

I tend to agree. I'll be suprised if paper currency is still a thing at all in 2030. Why do it when it doesn't matter anymore? Fuck symbolism; I want Harriet on my money now.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I can't wait for the Huelen thread in 2076, where he goes to a store and demands the cashier give him a $20 Jackson, instead of a $20 Tubman and asks us if he was being unreasonable.

Kangi

I can't wait for the Huelen thread in 2076, where he goes to a store and demands the cashier give him a $20 Jackson, instead of a $20 Tubman and asks us if he was being unreasonable.

One can only hope Sunhi will be there with an era-appropriate media clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom