• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

That is terrible. I spent 30 quid Friday night and now I'm struggling to pay for my travel this week :lol.

London's great, but prices for shit are mind boggling.
A five pound pint here and there I can abide. Paying double the cost to live in a flat within reasonable distance to work I cannot.

My living costs in terms of house and bills are scandalous.

Suen

:lol

Media Monitoring. So its something pretty modern.
Can't give any advice there but be confident, do some reasearch on the company's history, be ready to answer typical bullshit questions and make sure to have some questions of your own to ask them at the end. This shows them that you are interested in the company and in the work. Try to keep the conversation alive but don't look like a dick or a joke and don't bring up anything irrelevant just for the sake of being "social".

Finish the interview by telling them you'll be replacing their CEO in a couple of years. Don't forget to tell them your salary demands before you even start talking.*

* Don't do it.

Linius

I worked out last night, via excel, that I can't afford more than £30 per month on alcohol.

Including nights out.

Luckily work pay for a lot of it, but still. That's fucking minging that. Someday I'll return to the North.

I came to the conclusion that I'm about 80 euros short each month, excluding clothing and the hairdresser :lol

They changed the college money payment plan from 12 months to 8 months. So instead of 159 euros a month I have to pay 238 euros a month now. But that also means there are four months with no college money to pay to make up for it.

Luckily I have quite a large savings account to back up. And there will be plenty chances to make a little more money than in an average month thanks to various vacations in which I can work more hours.

Anyways, the next four years as a student will be rough. I'm gonna sell my kidneys to afford a PS4.

Arnie

I bought a PS4 and a new tv at the backend of last year when I really couldn't afford it. Now I live in my overdraft. It's frightening really, I'm doing some copywriting on the side to try and climb out of this hole.

Luckily my student bank account lasts for years after graduation so I don't have to pay any interest, but it's still shocking to see myself live in a minus figure.

Especially when you consider that I work a minimum of five days per week, with 10 hour days. And this isn't menial work, I'm not stacking shelves or shuvelling popcorn (I've done that), I'm working for some big fucking clients shepherding around lots and lots of money.

One of my colleagues is returning to Canada because at the age of 28 she still feels like a student in terms of how she has to budget.

I don't have a clothes budget. Most of the shit I wear is years old.

Fucking hell 360 pls just help me bet my way out of this.

I bought a PS4 and a new tv at the backend of last year when I really couldn't afford it. Now I live in my overdraft. It's frightening really, I'm doing some copywriting on the side to try and climb out of this hole.

Luckily my student bank account lasts for years after graduation so I don't have to pay any interest, but it's still shocking to see myself live in a minus figure.

Especially when you consider that I work a minimum of five days per week, with 10 hour days. And this isn't menial work, I'm not stacking shelves or shuvelling popcorn (I've done that), I'm working for some big fucking clients shepherding around lots and lots of money.

One of my colleagues is returning to Canada because at the age of 28 she still feels like a student in terms of how she has to budget.

I feel you man.

Thinking of working overseas for a better pay next year. Can't really see myself getting the moolah I want here atm.

Bold One

I know the feels, Arnie

cost of living in this country (don't get me started on London) is mind boggling,

kharma45

I'm going to bring everyone down to earth, help me decide on this.

Had a dream last night that I bought an Omega Seamaster, found one today at reasonable money. It's Quartz but it'll be cheaper to maintain in the long run.

http://www.watches.co.uk/watch/16226s/omega-seamaster-professional-midsize-212.30.36.61.01.001/

My brother has the blue so I can't really have the same one as him. Very tempted. Although going through Heathrow you can get a brand new one for only a few hundred more. Makes me think I should wait until I'm off this project and *hopefully* in England or wherever for a bit.

Yen

So footy-gaf is broke, and kharma is going to buy a £1300 watch. #ToryBritain

Edit: my student loan comes tomorrow. I could buy a £1300 watch. Of course, I couldn't pay my rent but…

scently

Unfortunately though it will be counted come the end of the season.

Yeah it will but the silver lining is that those that will be gunning for the 3rd and fourth position with us are either just above us (Arsenal) or below us (Liv, Tot, Evert.). Of course its very possible that other teams like Soton will join in that race....

Either way its still too early to call, the table is so tight. There is still enough time to remedy it all. The next series of games will tell us a bit more with Arsenal, Man City, Everton and Chelsea in the next 6 matches.

kharma45

If it were my money I don't think I could ever spend that kind on a quartz watch. Automatic or nothing, for me.

I've looked at the autos but the servicing costs put me off. I don't know if it varies from model to model but my Dad got by Grandfather's old Omega Constellation serviced and it was £150.

With the quartz one it's just replacing the battery when needed.

Edit - Although looking at this, this auto is the same price as the quartz but the age difference is 16 years! http://www.watches.co.uk/watch/16182s/omega-seamaster-professional-midsize-2551.80.00/

Considering they start out at the same price maybe the auto might be better if it holds value stronger...

So footy-gaf is broke, and kharma is going to buy a £1300 watch. #ToryBritain

Edit: my student loan comes tomorrow. I could buy a £1300 watch.

You should. It's a watch you'll keep until you die.

I've worked
moderately
hard for this.

Kharma, why don't you just buy four PS4's with that money and raffle them off amongst the poor?

I feel that'd be teasing, buying them a console with bugger all to play.

Ashes

Banned

Living on pay check to pay check ain't no way to live. You have to downsize. Either move, cut down on going out, cut premiums ( sky, mobile, buy games later! etc), learn to budget shop.
And open a saving account. Get your shit tight.

kharma45

Save up that money and buy a car Kharma!

There's a clock inside cars

I've no need for a car where I live, plus if I get sent away it'll just sit at home 5 days a week. I'll get one when I'm up two grades in work, worth it then through our scheme.

Arnie

Living on pay check to pay check ain't no way to live. You have to downsize. Either move, cut down on going out, cut premiums ( sky, mobile, buy games later! etc), learn to budget shop.
And open a saving account. Get your shit tight.
Aye, that's what setting up my finances was about.

Now I can see where all of my money is spent and what I'm overspending on with a view to cutting that back. I'm also in the fortunate position of being in a job that, should I continue at my current rate, offers a promotion (and subsequent pay rise) each year.

As I learn to budget and cut back on the things that're draining me I'll be slowly earning more money.

Living at home saves me £1000 a month.

It's worth it.
If I lived at home I'd be working at WHSmith Preston.

I'd be suicidal as well as broke.
So become disabled and live off benefits? :p
Fucking hell is that how he pays for all of his shit?

bobito

Banned
Can't wait for 2 years time, I'll be on 43k, while most likely still living at home. (Not moving out till I can buy a place)

kharma45

Now I can see where all of my money is spent and what I'm overspending on with a view to cutting that back. I'm also in the fortunate position of being in a job that, should I continue at my current rate, offers a promotion (and subsequent pay rise) each year.

As I learn to budget and cut back on the things that're draining me I'll be slowly earning more money.

That's the first thing I did was figure out where my spend was going. Means I've been able to save a good amount each month towards either stupid purchases like a new phone or potentially that watch, or start to look at a house deposit.

It's just a matter of sticking it out at the start and living within your means until the pay rises come in. Although when I got one a few months ago I just used it to save more.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Arnie, fuck London m8. Apply to any random* company in Dubai and come live the dream

friends and family? WE'LL BUY NEW ONES

*Fady's company is hiring

Arnie, fuck London m8. Apply to any random* company in Dubai and come live the dream

friends and family? WE'LL BUY NEW ONES

*Fady's company is hiring
How's working life in Dubai Yurt? Enjoyed myself while I was there. Helps that a lot of food is halal too.

Edit: has everyone forgotten about Januzaj.

Timurid

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

Parmigiano is that produced in ER. Parmesan is the fake shit companies like Kraft make. The Italian food industry looses billions of euros a year because of fake Italian products on the market.
Parmesan is only the English translation. Kraft makes fake shit of everything tho.

Ashes

Banned

You need to build 6 months salary into a savings account asap. I'd just cut spending by 90% between paychecks to get out of the overdraft cycle. Overdraft keeps you locked to an account - get rid of that debt and you open your self up to the ability to choose a more rewarding account. Plus you will then have the whole of your salary to play with. It helps to think of your funds as investment funds - look to build every month & make profit the number 1 goal.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@bobito I work for a drilling (rigs) and maintenance company. It's soul crushingly boring :lol

How's working life in Dubai Yurt? Enjoyed myself while I was there. Helps that a lot of food is halal too.

Edit: has everyone forgotten about Januzaj.

I don't work in Dubai, but it's like...1 hour and 30 mins away! It's amazing there, it really feels like a mini Las Vegas.

-

Some Morata love <3

tumblr_nckuk2R87U1s8z5rho4_250.gif

tumblr_nckuk2R87U1s8z5rho3_250.gif

tumblr_nckvqeSFKz1s8z5rho1_500.gif

tumblr_nckv4xNePH1s8z5rho1_500.gif

I really really love our popped-collar look :lol

The urge to buy a Vita 64gb card is strong. I have a 32gb, but 64gb is like... DOUBLE a 32gb.

Anyone want to buy a 32gb card? Shipping anywhere in Europe :p

I've almost had enough of this get up at 6.30 get home at 7 shite. I'm going to save up for a boat, learn to sail, and then move to the Maldives and take rich people out snorkelling.

/pipedream

I'm going to bring everyone down to earth, help me decide on this.

Had a dream last night that I bought an Omega Seamaster, found one today at reasonable money. It's Quartz but it'll be cheaper to maintain in the long run.

http://www.watches.co.uk/watch/16226s/omega-seamaster-professional-midsize-212.30.36.61.01.001/

My brother has the blue so I can't really have the same one as him. Very tempted. Although going through Heathrow you can get a brand new one for only a few hundred more. Makes me think I should wait until I'm off this project and *hopefully* in England or wherever for a bit.

If it were my money I don't think I could ever spend that kind on a quartz watch. Automatic or nothing, for me.

I hate these quartz movement watches. If I don't wear mine for a day I have to set the time again. That's no way to live. Also, the date feature on mine is useless because it doesn't recognise months with anything other than 31 days. It might be that my watch is just a really expensive piece of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom