• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens leaks (June 28th, Trailer, Screenshots, More)

Just please don't cheap out and do what avengers does (rips out movie lines). It sounds so terrible , use fake voices I don't care

TimFL

Just please don't cheap out and do what avengers does (rips out movie lines). It sounds so terrible , use fake voices I don't care
I prefer movie voices. All voice actors they have are terrible (except North who voices half the NPCs?).
If they do it right it can be really immersive. LEGO LOTR had really good voice audio from what I remember.

To my knowledge, haven't all the LEGO Star Wars games had zero voices? (characters just mime-ing the scenes)

I think it was around LEGO Star Wars 3 that they started having voices in other games, but I forget if LSW3 had voices or not (I don't think it did because I had no idea what was happening in the story, haha).

I'm not a big fan of Troy Baker but playing Avengers where it's the movie voices to doing the quests where it's Baker really annoys me. I know I'm really in the minority here but I much rather the ripped movie voices over people like Baker who sound the same on so many roles.

AgeEighty

I've been loving Lego Dimensions, but I think ironically it's been the final nail in the coffin for the Lego games for me. I just can't play another one of these unless they completely revamp the gameplay.

To my knowledge, haven't all the LEGO Star Wars games had zero voices? (characters just mime-ing the scenes)

I think it was around LEGO Star Wars 3 that they started having voices in other games, but I forget if LSW3 had voices or not (I don't think it did because I had no idea what was happening in the story, haha).

They started doing voices in Lego games around Lego Batman 2.

Flunkie

Banned
hopefully this prompts them to put Lego Star Wars 1 & 2 PSP versions on Vita store

edit: or just 2 since 1 wasn't on PSP

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

Lego Batman 2 (which is newer than any of the Star Wars ones) was the first with voices. Lego Lord of the Rings was the first with voice clips from the movie, which was a huge mistake and made the game not nearly as funny as the previous games.

June 28th release date on the page. And wow, the visuals are fantastic.

They're just cutscene visuals. These are in-game visuals:

Movie voices are the norm for the series, and have been for a while. Marvel and Batman were the exceptions only because they were original stories.

Keasar

Movie voices are the norm for the series, and have been for a while. Marvel and Batman were the exceptions only because they were original stories.

Wasn't the first LEGO [Insert Popular Property] games silent? I remember the first Star Wars games being silent and just using motions to tell what they were thinking, which in the end was a lot better than what I've seen of later ones.

This comes out in June and the movie will be out on Blu-Ray/digital by then. There's a good chance it will use movie lines unless Disney helps to get the actors. It worked out for LOTR.

Squire

Banned
I mean, I get the idea, but I feel like any agreement like that seems fairly ambiguous. Unless there's some pretty absurdly specific language in the contract, that would leave Disney a hell of a lot of wiggle room, and I really don't see how specific you could get when things like genre and target age-range are far from legal science.

No, not at all. See above. It just seems like any kind of deal that involves genre and target markets is a bit... Odd. I mean, most of the time it's pretty clear what's primarily targeted at children, but I don't think "I know it when I see it" is exactly a useable concept in a videogame exclusivity contract. And going by ratings would be difficult, since Disney could easily nudge something like Rogue Squadron down into E10+ if they wanted the IP to go to someone else. Like I said, I just think anything other than a complete exclusivity deal (at least outside of mobile and of course Disney developed games) is just... Weird. I suppose it really doesn't matter to me either way in the end though, it's just a curiosity.

Shiiiit those screenshots. Damn, looking awesome.

Fair enough, I inderstsnd.

I also agree, this looks very nice. Wow.

Wasn't the first LEGO [Insert Popular Property] games silent? I remember the first Star Wars games being silent and just using motions to tell what they were thinking, which in the end was a lot better than what I've seen of later ones.

Earlier Lego games, including Star Wars (the first two TT Lego games) used a series of grunts, with Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars taking it a step further by having the grunts be voiced by the cast of the animated series.

cyba89

I liked the LEGO games a lot more when they didn't have voiced dialogues and an unnecessary open world, but it's LEGO Star Wars so I'm still in.

Tygamr

So it looks like it's coming to Vita after all.

Or they just happened to put Vita box art at the end of the trailer for no reason.

Pezking

They recorded new lines from the original actors for Disney Infinity 3.0.

It would certainly seem a bit pathetic in comparison if they just use samples from the movies for the Lego game. But I fully expect this to happen.

Its interesting how they stated they loved the Vita when interviewed for Lego Avengers and how its 'The best handheld version of any Lego game!' then in mere months announce 'Nah, we are done supporting that thing AND the original 3DS. New 3DS exclusive for the WIN GUYS :D!!!!!!!!!"

Waiting for this to be officially announced tomorrow and we get a clearer picture about everything.

I like the fact its focused on one film but I'm also interested in how they are going to structure the story; it is going to pull form the Rebels Cartoon? Or completely original content?

TT redeemed?

Seriously, the platform breakdown made no sense, I bet they get a massive amount of their handheld sales from normal 3DS, kids aren't going to be bothered about upgrading to New 3DS.

And no reason the Vita couldn't handle whatever version they made as well.

At the end of the day TT Fusion are probably going to be the western developer who have made the most Vita games by far, lol.

OT: Hype! LEGO Star Wars is best Star Wars.

If the Vita version continues to show improvement like all the recent versions have been doing, this'll be another sale for them.

mclem

Oh come on, they couldn't have waited for Episode IX and then done Lego Star Wars: The Sequel Trilogy? I can't think of another time they did a Lego game for only one movie.

Lego Indy 2 only gains one movie over Lego Indy 1. But then it's a completely different collection of levels for the first three films, too.

More in-keeping with the spirit of your question, there's Lego The Hobbit, which has two movies but didn't follow through with completing the trilogy as well.

mclem

Ok, it may be my first LEGO game where I'll srsly try to get 100% unlocks.

I've got 100% unlocks in everything up to and including Lego LOTR.

I don't know what's wrong with me

(Other than the fact I'm struggling to find Lego City Undercover for a reasonable price. Ah, Nintendo!)

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Is there any chance the Vita will be the full version? Last Lego game I played on it was LotR and seemed really stripped down.

MAtgS

If they've got flight mechanics again, I don't think they'd only use them in a single level.

The star destroyer escape & Jakku escape levels would also have flight sequences, just that those would be a part of a level & not an entire level by itself.

Roufianos

Damn, finally a game to play on my Vita after 4 years.

I really worry about the length though if it's only based off one movie.

They recorded new lines from the original actors for Disney Infinity 3.0.

It would certainly seem a bit pathetic in comparison if they just use samples from the movies for the Lego game. But I fully expect this to happen.

All I know is it's terrible in avengers so I hope they don't go that route , Lego marvel sounded A lot better .

I would actually be happy if they just kept it silent , but I think every Lego game these days has voice so I doubt it would happen.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Will they just announce a new RogueSquadronlike already, would be a perfect tie-in for Rogue One

I don't actually know what a Roguelike even is

MauroNL

Xbox Store page is already up https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-O...-Awakens/beaf3263-a64e-4f76-852a-ebbd5ea9a440

Game Description:"The Force is strong with this one… The No. 1 LEGO® videogame franchise triumphantly returns with a fun-filled, humorous journey based on the blockbuster Star Wars film. Play as Rey, Finn, Poe, BB-8, Kylo Ren, Han Solo, and the rest of your favorite characters from the movie!

In LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens, players relive the epic action from the blockbuster film Star Wars: The Force Awakens, retold through the clever and witty LEGO lens. The game will also feature exclusive playable content that bridges the story gap between Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi and Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens also introduces Multi-Builds and Blaster Battles to the LEGO videogame universe. With Multi-Builds, use available LEGO bricks to open up new paths, then break them apart and re-build them again to open up another! And another! During Blaster Battles, use your surroundings as cover to stand against the First Order. "

EDIT: Looks like I was beaten on page 2 already

I've got 100% unlocks in everything up to and including Lego LOTR.

I don't know what's wrong with me

(Other than the fact I'm struggling to find Lego City Undercover for a reasonable price. Ah, Nintendo!)

100% always except Marvel Superheroes

Top Bottom