• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break coming to PC and Xbox simultaneously on April 5th (?)

Nibel

Gamestar is usually reliable and they say they were told about this at a recent QB event; and honestly: looking at Remedy's past games and the fact that even big titles like Tomb Raider and Halo don't sell on XBO, I can't blame 'em

I'll wait until more confirmation.

But just in case, DAY EFFIN' ONE for PC. Anything to give Remedy money to make Alan Wake 2.

LostDonkey

Well, here we go. The only interesting exclusive remained on One is Scaldbound, it seems.

I can't buy a system for only one game: it's nonsense, imo. I'll play Quantum, ReCore and KI on my PC and bye bye One.

Scaldbound, where instead of fire, dragons spit a kettles worth of hot water at you.

Bluth54

Great news, I just hope it's not DX12/Windows 10 store exclusive.

Why would Microsoft want to give Valve 30% of every sale when they have their own store?

Because Steam is by far the biggest marketplace on PC. Also Microsoft has had no problems releasing their games on Steam in the past.

jelly

Well, here we go. The only interesting exclusive remained on One is Scaldbound, it seems.

I can't buy a system for only one game: it's nonsense, imo. I'll play Quantum, ReCore and KI on my PC and bye bye One.

Sale is a sale. Microsoft and devs will be happy.

madmackem

Wow comin out at the same time????. I thought thy old use it to push xboxs coming day and date makes it have a lot less impact.

FelipeMGM

Gamestar is usually reliable and they say they were told about this at a recent QB event; and honestly: looking at Remedy's past games and the fact that even big titles like Tomb Raider and Halo don't sell on XBO, I can't blame 'em

Not up to Remedy though, Microsoft owns this IP. Its a different case from Alan Wake

Moobabe

Great news, I just hope it's not DX12/Windows 10 store exclusive.

Because Steam is by far the biggest marketplace on PC. Also Microsoft has had no problems releasing their games on Steam in the past.

Microsoft is and will be making moves to convince people to use the Windows 10 store.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Can someone please tell Phil Spencer what the definition of "Exclusive" means?

I really don't want to believe the "Xbox as service" meme going around, that there will be another Xbox console... but I have my severe doubts now if they're letting most of their games go to PC.

Yeah, I just wasn't sure what to think cause no other side was reporting it ans that article is an hour old by now so I tried not to raise false hopes here.

You might want to put that "they say Remedy told them this at the QB event" in the OP too. That's pretty convincing as far as this story goes.

Englebert3rd

Unconfirmed Member
I would've thought it would be a temporary Xbox exclusive. I'm glad I've been proven wrong.
Definitely getting the game, don't care about what store it will be released on.

Lingitiz

Microsoft should learn the meaning of " exclusive "
I mean ultimately it doesn't really matter right? Exclusives don't really determine the market leader at the end of the day, as this generation and the last have proven. Why leave money on the the table and not release on PC?

Nzyme32

As a fan of remedy games, this would be pretty great. Unfortunately I won't bite for several years, until the MS store can demonstrate competence; assuming it only comes to that store

jelly

I really don't want to believe the "Xbox as service" meme going around, that there will be another Xbox console... but I have my severe doubts now if they're letting most of their games go to PC.

Some people don't have powerful gaming PCs or prefer the easier console experience. Microsoft can serve everyone, nobody loses out. Software is the money.

Theorry

The Xbox can always function as the "low end pc" with easy to set up and play. Not everybody wants to own a PC. They dont care if you get it on PC or Xbox at the end.

madmackem

I mean ultimately it doesn't really matter right? Exclusives don't really determine the market leader at the end of the day, as this generation and the last have proven. Why leave money on the the table and not release on PC?
No but it makes the console less appealing, I think we all hoped it would come later down the line on pc coming day and date is a blow to the appeal of the Xbox one.

Akai__

Great news for PC people. I'm still getting this 100% on Xbox One.

If it's cross-buy, then I'll give it a try on PC, too. Doubt it, though.

Chris1

It was always coming to PC but the same day? I don't know about that. I've always thought it'd be at a later date.

Top Bottom