• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break coming to PC and Xbox simultaneously on April 5th (?)

Hektor

No but it makes the console less appealing, I think we all hoped it would come later down the line on pc coming day and date is a blow to the appeal of the Xbox one.

It really doesn't matter this case i'd say, MS also wants to promote Win10 and the Win10store. They don't lose anything, they just "trade" some of the appeal from one to the other.

Chobel

original

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Some people don't have powerful gaming PCs or prefer the easier console experience. Microsoft can serve everyone, nobody loses out. Software is the money.

But this is just conditioning people to "wait for the PC version", and it reinforces the meme that all Xbox has is Halo, Gears and Forza.

Most of Sony's PS4 exclusives stay on PS4.

I seriously want to know what the hell is going on, none of this makes sense to me.

Gemüsepizza;194892581 said:
What are you talking about? If they "understand PC gaming", the game will have Denuvo.
Yeah, preventing modding is so PC gaming. Get a clue. Denuvo is shit that only harms your paying customers.

While it does keep the pirates away we have not seen a sales increase in any Denuvo games caused by that. In fact it'll hurt the longevity of Just Cause 3. Just Cause 2 just kept on selling while getting mods, including JCMP, while Just Cause 3 will get nothing because you support bad DRM.

It was always coming to PC but the same day? I don't know about that. I've always thought it'd be at a later date.

It's generally expected that first party games like this will launch after the console version on PC, if they're released on PC at all.

This is pretty huge if true.

madmackem

It relly doesn't matter thise case i'd say, MS also wants to promote Win10 and the Win10store. They don't lose anything, they just "trade" some of the appeal from one to the other.
They need all the help and appeal they can get for Xbox one.

QaaQer

It relly doesn't matter thise case i'd say, MS also wants to promote Win10 and the Win10store. They don't lose anything, they just "trade" some of the appeal from one to the other.

If they are dropping support for x1 in important ways such as having exclusive games, that does not bode well for the long term of xbox division.

Lingitiz

But this is just conditioning people to "wait for the PC version", and it reinforces the meme that all Xbox has is Halo, Gears and Forza.

I seriously want to know what the hell is going on, none of this makes sense to me.
Again what does this really matter outside of pointless list wars and the small portion of multiple console and PC owners or those who buy consoles for exclusives?

If they can make a sale regardless of platform I'm pretty sure they are still happy to take your money.

Exclusives are not going to turn the Xbox one around. Similarly the lack of exclusives so far on the PS4 is not going to sink that console. It hasn't been about that for years and will continue to be about perception and third party support.

As a hunch: xb1 is not doing as hot as they would like. So as to recoup as much cost and get as much profit on 'exclusive' games, they are throwing down the glove and putting the game on PC to broaden the base and get more money out of their original investments.

This and they may or may not be converging the two platforms in the future (windows store, xbox stuff on win 10 and the gneral company direction seem to confirm this IMO).

chadskin

Remedy has a long PC heritage and a large PC fanbase. It does not necessarily signal a significant shift in Microsoft's Xbox strategy yet but I'm sure we'll hear more at the upcoming Xbox event.

ekim

My guess: Crossplay when bought on the Xbox One store or Windows 10 store. No crossplay if you buy on Steam.

Theorry

No but it makes the console less appealing, I think we all hoped it would come later down the line on pc coming day and date is a blow to the appeal of the Xbox one.

MS doesnt care really. They want everybody in "xbox live".
If its through a Xbox or PC gamers with W10 and the store. They dont care anymore.

Razyl

Yeah, preventing modding is so PC gaming. Get a clue. Denuvo is shit that only harms your paying customers.

While it does keep the pirates away we have not seen a sales increase in any Denuvo games caused by that. In fact it'll hurt the longevity of Just Cause 3. Just Cause 2 just kept on selling while getting mods, including JCMP, while Just Cause 3 will get nothing because you support bad DRM.

So i guess this mp-mod announcement from the devs of the JC2MP is nothing?

ISee

Gamestar is a very well know gaming mag here in germany. If they claim remedy devs made the statement I tend to believe them. In my book this is a confirmation.

The game seems to be promising. If it's a good PC port (60fps+, borderless window mode, 1080p+, reasonable hardware scaling, vysnc, aa options etc.) I'm going to buy it, but not day one and especially not if it's on the win10 store only. RotT doesn't support fps overlays in the win10 store version and that's stupid. So I'll wait a couple of days and wait for reactions, benchmarks and the NeoGAF PC perfromance thread.

It makes perfect sense, those games aren't driving people to buy Xbox ones for them, and the games aren't selling well themselves on the xbox alone. So sell them on another platform to make more monies.

QaaQer

Because very few people trust Microsoft with a PC store ?
Basically, they either lose 30% per copies or enjoy dramatically lower sales.

Doubt it. Windows Store is on every Windows 10 pc, there is nothing to install. And people buy stuff from MS all the time, maybe not $60 games but to say that people don't trust ms is bullshit.

Again what does this really matter outside of pointless list wars and the small portion of multiple console and PC owners or those who buy consoles for exclusives?

If they can make a sale regardless of platform I'm pretty sure they are still happy to take your money.

Exclusives are not going to turn the Xbox one around. Similarly the lack of exclusives so far on the PS4 is not going to sink that console. It hasn't been about that for years.

thisisneogaf.gif

Hmmmmm, get it on Xbone for game sharing money saving or PC for that super sexy graphical goodness?

Hektor

They need all the help and appeal they can get for Xbox one.

But the same is true for their Windows 10 Store.

If they are dropping support for x1 in important ways such as having exclusive games, that does not bode well for the long term of xbox division.

But PC and Xbox don't compete as much as xbox does with PS or Nintendo.
I don't think they lose anything when putting up the game on PC. SonY does the same afterall, seems PC is out of the equation for both in that regard.

I honestly have a hard time believing this. Seems pretty far-fetched but you never know.

They were told by the devs on the preview event. Reviews go up in 3 hours as i heard, the official announcement from remedy will follow suit then, i suppose.

madmackem

It's about making your product appealing, dropping one of the biggest exclusives it's got day and date on Pc where it should look and perform better doesn't make your machine look all that appealing. If Sony said we've spent so much on development on uncharted 4 we've decided to bring it day and date to pc it would very much affect the push they expected to see in console sales around that launch. Ms have just given people on the fence who already own a pc one less reason to buy and Xbox.

QaaQer

Exclusives are not going to turn the Xbox one around. Similarly the lack of exclusives so far on the PS4 is not going to sink that console. It hasn't been about that for years and will continue to be about perception and third party support.

You honestly think exclusive games aren't part of the purchasing equation?

ISee

My guess: Crossplay when bought on the Xbox One store or Windows 10 store. No crossplay if you buy on Steam.

I'm okay with this and would still buy the steam version. The option to get my money back if it's a bad port is more important than having an extra version for a system I do not own. But cross buy is always a nice thing, no doubt about that.

PLS.

Golly I hope this is true, I mean I love Remedy so I'd be fine just playing on Xbox One and then double-dipping on PC when it would eventually come out, but boy it would be nice to play it first time 60fps and downsampled as far as it'll go.

Please be true. PLEASE. I beg you, MS gods.

And, if so, hopefully Sunset Overdrive will be the next (even though the devs have stated the contrary, i can dream right?).

I've literally had dreams about Sunset Overdrive coming to PC.

Please do it, Insomniac.

QaaQer

But PC and Xbox don't compete as much as xbox does with PS or Nintendo.
I don't think they lose anything when putting up the game on PC. Son does the same afterall, seems PC is out of the equation for both in that regard.

Sony does not put its big games on pc, nor does nintendo, why is that?

jelly

What does it matter though. You game on PC or console or both.

If anything the PC might help Xbox One as the underlining experience is similar so if you like Xbox on PC, you might be more open to an Xbox One or other MS products. Microsoft make money either way and reach more people.

madmackem

PC gamers aren't exactly the demographic that Microsoft is pursuing for sell Xbox One.
You've got people on this very thread on the fence for Xbox purchase saying ah well saves me buying an Xbox. It very much hurts the console even more so if it's day and date.

Top Bottom