• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF4 Demo Ran on A Radeon 7990 at 60fps/3K resolution, Confirms 7990 Existence

Demon Ice

Banned
If I don't have a PC and I want to buy one of caurse I need to buy monitor too, right? And fot TV, everybody got a TV, so it's not same comparison.
Does this mythical "everyone" have a high quality 1080p HDTV?
Besides, PCs can be hooked up to TVs, so either way it's a moot point..

Without the monitor the thing will still cost at least $1,500. That's if you cheap out on parts

Post the specs. Also, what's your point? You're comparing the cost of a machine that targets 60 FPS at 4k while next gen consoles are targeting 1080p at 30 FPS (With likely similar results as the current gen consoles which "target" 720p at 30 FPS and fail to hit that regularly).

No. Shit. The PC is going to cost more. If I wanted to build a PC that was limited to 1080p 30 FPS I could do that for under $500, and it would still pump out better textures and IQ than consoles.

kamspy

Might be old, but

maltasample.jpg

Demon Ice

Banned
someone explain the point of the TITAN gpu? less powerful and more expensive than a 690 GPU, but you save some energy, is that it?

TITAN is single GPU which means it will work in all games without having to tinker with driver settings or any of the other quirks of multiGPU setups. No microstutter, no having to find the right profile for the right game, etc. It's a single GPU so it's that simple to work in any game.

2x690SLI (QUAD)>2xTITANSLI

and still cheaper

No, GPUs do not scale well past dual GPU at all. Quad SLI shows almost no benefit. 2x Titan demolishes 2x GTX 690.

Can we expect Battlefield 4 with the same graphics shown from the demo trailer in 1080p and 60FPS on PS4

Absolutely not. Not even close.

Top Bottom