• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 - 3 Gameplay videos (IGN)

cool_dude

Banned
This is the only xbox exclusive I wish was multiplatform or with Sony. I absolutely loved Forza Horizon... best racing game for me ever!

This game looks so awesome... its really sad I will miss out on it.

Play on your Xbox360 or buy an Xbox one.

But the handling maybe because of the setting the had it on was a little too floaty.

Two things that are concerning to me about this new Horizon. One is the same as others about the off road driving with no penalties to cars that have no business doing it. The other is that the driving seems more floaty to me from what I can see. I'm not sure why.

I hope they nail the same driving dynamics as the first and not mess a good thing up. My fear is that they will try to do too much and then not fully flesh every thing out. For instance the lack of trails when driving through all that weed and dirt.

ironcreed

Banned
The handling is the last thing I am worried about. As for driving sports cars off-road, just don't do it if it bothers you. There will be off-road vehicles as well and you can just use those. But this is an open world racer, so of course there should not be restrictions on what you can drive where. That would suck.

Two things that are concerning to me about this new Horizon. One is the same as others about the off road driving with no penalties to cars that have no business doing it.

If you enjoyed the first Horizon, then I don't see how that would be an issue. Way back then Playground explained how they took some liberties with Forza Motorsport's realistic physics so that sports cars could drive on different road surfaces. It's nothing new.

cgcg

Game looks great so far. You can always tell when an xbox game is really good looking when the hyperbole/downplaying it's graphics ( need for Speed Rivals, bottom of the barrel graphically,) and constant comparison to certain other games on certain other consoles starts. (when you see that as an xbox dev you should likely take it as a complement lol.) FH1 on the 360 was one of the best looking racers that gen not called Project Gotham 4, Horizon 2 looks like it will bring the goods as well.

So...this was the bottom of the barrel.

2igCB7X.jpg

Then this must be the new bottom of the barrel.

d5xb09a.jpg

Lot's of concern going on. Game looks to be as good as the first if not better. And the first was solid. I see nothing to worry about on this game at all. Gonna be another fun game to play. Look forward to it.

Were people talking about the car when they brought forth those complaints?

The cars and how they're presented artistically is always a complaint in some form in Forza titles. Not a complaint that I've personally ever shared, but it's one that persists nonetheless. That said, I'm just making a joke. Don't read too much into it.

Caddle

That comparison above just isn't fair. Now put up gameplay of both games and let's see the results. The h2 pic looks like compress video while NFS look like direct feed.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

2igCB7X.jpg

d5xb09a.jpg

That's exactly what took the wind out of my sails. For all the great looking cars and shiny wet effects, the vegetation looks poor and unfinished. I know that's not the point of playing these games, but its going for a realistic look. As a new gen racing game developed from the ground up for X1, surely they can spruce this up a bit when the game is only 30fps?

cgcg

That's exactly what took the wind out of my sails. For all the great looking cars and shiny wet effects, the vegetation looks poor and unfinished. I know that's not the point of playing these games, but its going for a realistic look. As a new gen racing game developed from the ground up for X1, surely they can spruce this up a bit when the game is only 30fps?

Yea the vegetation looks incredibly poor. Even in official bullshots they look like big blurry blobs.

Yea the vegetation looks incredibly poor. Even in official bullshots they look like big blurry blobs.

If you watch the direct feed b-roll footage (not on YouTube), you'll notice that vegetation looks perfectly nice from up close, but there's a very obvious LOD swap for distant trees. I expect that to be ironed out by release, it's extremely unlikely that the game will have worse looking vegetation than the original:

abadguy

Banned

2igCB7X.jpg

d5xb09a.jpg

These were what i was referring to:

Honestly, this game doesn't impress me visually. I'm impressed by the open world and car selection but it's at the bottom on of the next gen racing game pile when it comes to visuals.

Honestly, it looks like NFS rivals but with slightly better graphics. Lol, i'm surprised you are still here. Continue the great work.

But yeah what a time we live in where these graphics are "bottom of the barrel". What a fucking joke.

2igCB7X.jpg

d5xb09a.jpg

Don't bother releasing this game, it's bottom of the barrel and no where near Drive Club level. Just bin it Playground, it's not worth it. I mean after all, we live in a time where you absolutely must like one game but find faults with another game that's on another system, so just don't bother. Scrap it.

I've seen time and time again the video compression point but no, not for this game, fuck that. It's out of order and has no context here .

Pack it up Playground, some posters on GAF command you.

VanWinkle

Don't bother releasing this game, it's bottom of the barrel and no where near Drive Club level. Just bin it Playground, it's not worth it. I mean after all, we live in a time where you absolutely must like one game but find faults with another game that's on another system, so just don't bother. Scrap it.

I've seen time and time again the video compression point but no, not for this game, fuck that. It's out of order and has no context here .

Pack it up Playground, some posters on GAF command you.

We already stopped talking about DriveClub. Why are you still on it? Why did you quote that person calling out somebody who said NFS Rivals is "bottom of the barrel" with this crazy sweeping accusation?

We already stopped talking about DriveClub. Why are you still on it? Why did you quote that person calling out somebody who said NFS Rivals is "bottom of the barrel" with this crazy sweeping accusation?

I was being sarcastic

Why did I quote him ? Why the fuck not ?

VanWinkle

I was being sarcastic

Why did I quote him ? Why the fuck not ?

I know your post was sarcastic. But nobody is even remotely suggesting that the game shouldn't bother being released just because it doesn't look as good as DriveClub, so your sarcasm was misplaced. I'll let you in on a secret: just because a person likes discussing graphics doesn't mean that graphics is the ONLY aspect they care about.

And I asked you why you quoted that person because you sarcastic reply didn't correspond to a person who didn't even have a say in this matter.

I know your post was sarcastic. But nobody is even remotely suggesting that the game shouldn't bother being released just because it doesn't look as good as DriveClub, so your sarcasm was misplaced. I'll let you in on a secret: just because a person likes discussing graphics doesn't mean that graphics is the ONLY aspect they care about.

And I asked you why you quoted that person because you sarcastic reply didn't correspond to a person who didn't even have a say in this matter.

I think you are taking what I said way too seriously. Why don't you pull up Amirox on his Drive Club comment ? And I felt my post was appropriate to a comment calling it "bottom of the barrell" which I found funny.

abadguy

Banned

'Cept i didn't call Need for Speed rivals the bottom of the Barrel, i was referring to a stupid ass comment made by another poster. Other than that, carry on...

Synth

In abadguy's defense, he wasn't actually calling Need for Speed Rivals "bottom of the barrel". He was referring to things that some people (or person to be more accurate) have been saying about Horizon 2 in here, but didn't quote the posts directly.

Honestly, this game doesn't impress me visually. I'm impressed by the open world and car selection but it's at the bottom on of the next gen racing game pile when it comes to visuals.
Honestly, it looks like NFS rivals but with slightly better graphics. Lol, i'm surprised you are still here. Continue the great work.

So, you're kinda jumping on him over a misunderstanding.

EDIT: Goddamnit... I obviously took too long looking for the posts I had in mind.

VanWinkle

I think you are taking what I said way too seriously. Why don't you pull up Amirox on his Drive Club comment ? And I felt my post was appropriate to a comment calling it "bottom of the barrell" which I found funny.

I didn't say anything to Amirox because, a.) He was just one of the several people in the conversation about DC vs FH2 graphics (that ended well before your post), and, b.) I didn't dislike the fact you took offense to somebody implying the game might not be the best looking; I disliked that you got so upset because someone dared question the graphical fidelity of the game, going as far as to say, in your angrily sarcastic post, that if somebody doesn't think the graphics are as good as DriveClub's, then they probably also think it would be better off if Playground just canceled the game outright.

'Cept i didn't call Need for Speed rivals the bottom of the Barrel, i was referring to a stupid ass comment made by another poster. Other than that, carry on...

In abadguy's defense, he wasn't actually calling Need for Speed Rivals "bottom of the barrel". He was referring to things that some people (or person to be more accurate) have been saying about Horizon 2 in here, but didn't quote the posts directly.

So, you're kinda jumping on him over a misunderstanding.

Ah, okay, I see. Sorry about the misunderstanding. Although your post (abadguy's) did seem to indicate that you took offense to somebody dare saying that NFS Rivals rivals this game graphically. Rivals is a GREAT looking game and I think it does look up there with this game. I don't see that as an insult at all; the opposite, in fact. (Now, TheCloser, on the other hand...don't know what he's talking about with that.)

I didn't say anything to Amirox because, a.) He was just one of the several people in the conversation about DC vs FH2 graphics (that ended well before your post), and, b.) I didn't dislike the fact you took offense to somebody implying the game might not be the best looking; I disliked that you got so upset because someone dared question the graphical fidelity of the game, going as far as to say, in your angrily sarcastic post, that if somebody doesn't think the graphics are as good as DriveClub's, then they probably also think it would be better off if Playground just canceled the game outright.

Ah, okay, I see. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

I wasn't getting angry at all. If anything you are the one being angry here. If this conversation about Drive Club ended well before my post, it's only on the previous page, yesterday evening. I was actually laughing at the "technically molested " comment. Why would I be so upset ? I think you want me to, that's the difference here, being ridiculously disingenuous to a blatant piss take post of mine

You won't let the "Playground should cancel the game" remark go will you. It's a remark which was made purposely ludicrous because I'm amused at the some of the comments made in this thread. That's it. If you think someone gets so upset over someone preferring ones games visuals over another then I don't know what else to say to you.

pop_tarts

One is the same as others about the off road driving with no penalties to cars that have no business doing it.

Motorstorm did really good job of this (I really hope they either do and open world or go back to Motorstorm OG) with the ground deformation where bikes and race cars would have a hard time in the muddy areas and would have to go up top on the cliff sides to still be competitive with the Big Rigs and Buggies. Such a well balanced game.

shinnn

Car doesn't look realistic, way too cartooney, needs better lighting. :p

looks like made of plastic ;)

That comparison above just isn't fair. Now put up gameplay of both games and let's see the results. The h2 pic looks like compress video while NFS look like direct feed.

looks like? the troll didn't even hide the youtube player bar lol.
and the NFS picture is from PC.

Looks like some people still paying more attention to Forza than theirs loved game. I don't think this will end well for them.. again. What was shown at E3 was so bad... ugh,

Caddle

Are u for real, the NFS pic is from PC, damn I honestly thought he was trying to have a fair comparison. When this game releases am expecting some people to commit suicide. The platform war is due for some casualties.

The handling on Forza 5 and FH are the only driving games I actually enjoy outside of PGR. They just feel soooo good.

Not sure about Mainline 5, but Horizon did indeed have the best handling in an arcade racer in PGR.

It was perfect and I have no doubts they'll absolutely nail it again in Horizon 2. What I'm really looking forward to seeing is how the weather impacts handling and if it's anything like PGR.

If it is...oh boy.

This is probably the most excited I've been for a racing game in a long, long time. Not sure why but something about this one is calling me. The last time I felt that way was NFS Underground 2.

cbox

I'm so glad I care more about gameplay and how it drives than the visuals. Can't wait to play this game.

Dunkers92

Every time I see this game it reminds me how much I want it. Looks incredible.

This and Driveclub will fill my racing game void well

Top Bottom