• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 - 3 Gameplay videos (IGN)

GlamFM

Banned

Why not post a screenshot of the tweet?

ouhuA8f.jpg

Damn, I am actually disappointed there is no LCE. I know not everyone likes them but I have pretty much every Forza LCE that was available.

Megasoum

Banned
I just want the XB1 store to start offering pre-orders (I know it's coming soon)... I want the game digitally and I want to know if MS will try to screw us Canadians with the price.

Can't you just buy it through the U.S. store?

Don't think you can do that or maybe if you set an account with a US address etc.

In my case, i already have all my info with my email address linked to my Microsoft account and Xbox Live. I don't want any trouble relating region or anything like that.

I will still buy the game digitally because of convenience and the fact that i will play the game for a long time to come. Same for Halo MCC.

The idea of an open world racer is a good one, but its kind of silly when you see it in action. You have these supercars worth hundreds of thousands of dollars and you're taking it off road through bushes, fences etc.? Seems kind of silly to me if your brand name is associated with or defined as a racing simulator. Just my opinion, come at me forza fans.

The idea of an open world racer is a good one, but its kind of silly when you see it in action. You have these supercars worth hundreds of thousands of dollars and you're taking it off road through bushes, fences etc.? Seems kind of silly to me if your brand name is associated with or defined as a racing simulator. Just my opinion, come at me forza fans.

Of course it's silly. Forza Horizon isn't intended to be a sim racer. That's what Forza Motorsport is for.

shandy706

Since when was Horizon ever "defined as a racing simulator"? lol

Bump made me think there were 3 new videos. Am sad.

Maybe next year with Forza 6 we'll get another sim. Meanwhile, some eye candy ( weather effects included) + speed + fun with friends.

Yay, this insanity again! Seriously, is this some kind of concern trolling or something? Because it makes no sense to me. Here, I will just repost what I said in a previous thread:

Wow you guys are right! You know what would be more fun? If you went off road and got stuck in a ditch! They could add in having you call for a tow truck and then waiting there for 2 hours for it to show up just so it can rip off the front bumper as it tries to pull you back on the road. Then they could show it being towed to an "insurance approved bodyshop" where they hold the car for 3 months while they do a subpar repair job. Then you could even haggle with the insurance company about your deductible and then spend months in court trying to get them to pay for any of it!

Wow, that would be MUCH more fun! I can't wait for that game....

Seriously guys, it is a bloody game! Total realism is not what it is going for, neither is it what (most) people want in this game. I dunno, maybe people like to have fun. Weird, I know.

Yay, this insanity again! Seriously, is this some kind of concern trolling or something? Because it makes no sense to me. Here, I will just repost what I said in a previous thread:

How is this concern trolling when I say outright that it looks silly? If I wanted to concern troll I would say something like, "I'm worried the concept of driving off roads in exotic cars won't appeal to the masses." But I didn't say that, I said it looks silly. Glad you re-posted your comment from another thread, it makes my opinion less of an opinion. /s

Edit: I would say the same thing if project cars and gran turismo had similar spinoff products. Your brands are synonymous with simracers. This doesn't feel right.

Disappointing. I guess Microsoft thinks it isn't worth it.

Microsoft has been rather light on special editions lately, I presume they're trying to encourage people to go digital.

No need to come at you, just play the first game (which also features supercars driving on dirt surfaces) and tell me that wasn't some of the best time you've had playing a racing game, and not in a silly way.

m@cross

Strange how the bush ceases to exist on impact in the first video at around 2:41, but either way game looks pretty for sure.

How is this concern trolling when I say outright that it looks silly? If I wanted to concern troll I would say something like, "I'm worried the concept of driving off roads in exotic cars won't appeal to the masses." But I didn't say that, I said it looks silly. Glad you re-posted your comment from another thread, it makes my opinion less of an opinion. /s

Edit: I would say the same thing if project cars and gran turismo had similar spinoff products. Your brands are synonymous with simracers. This doesn't feel right.

Doesn't mean you can't do something different and have some fun. That's what games are all about.

Gestault

Your edit looks a bit like your example of what concern trolling would look like. I understand the risk of poor branding for a game, but since the original Horizon both reviewed well and performed well at market, I don't think you need to worry. I didn't observe a sizable number of people confused or upset by what they were buying or playing.

Your edit looks a bit like your example of what concern trolling would look like. I understand the risk of poor branding for a game, but since the original Horizon both reviewed well and performed well at market, I don't think you need to worry. I didn't observe a sizable number of people confused or upset by what they were buying or playing.

Pretty much any opinion that counters the collective group's opinion in any forum is going to be labeled as trolling, concern trolling, or dishonest. I understand why people react as such; you like the game, the brand, the premise or all of the above. My edit is to show that regardless of what sim racing brand or series this is, it just seems silly to me. that's an opinion not some weird brand defense, concern trolling maneuver.

But you're right. I am probably in the minority who thinks supercars running through bushes is weird.

Top Bottom