• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MACROSS (pronounced Delta) ~~ ~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shun

macrossdelta.jpg

http://macross.jp/delta/mechanic/index06.php

NEW MACROSS.

25 EPISODES.

WHERE?

TOKYO MX: Every Sunday @ 22:30
MBS: Every Tuesday @ 27:00
TV Aichi: Every Wednesday @ 26:05
Television Hokkaido: Every Wednesday @ 26:05
TVQ: Every Monday 26:30
BS11: Every Tuesday @ 24:00
d anime store: Every Wednesday @ 12:00

AFTER YEARS OF CONFLICT HUMANITY FACED NEAR EXTINCTION AND LEFT TO SPACE TO BECOME NEWTYPES AND COEXIST WITH THE ZENTRADI AND OTHER ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS.
IT IS THE YEAR AD 2067 AND CIVILIZATION FACES A NEW EPIDEMIC CALLED THE VAR SYNDROME. TOGETHER WITH THE DELTA SQUAD AND WALKURE, WE FIGHT WITH ROBOTS AND MUSIC FOR CULTURE.

The series is set 8 years after MACROSS FRONTIER with RANKA LEE and SHERYL NOME SAVING the world. Now it is time for WALKURE to take on PROTOCULTURE and SAVE US ALL from the VAR SYNDROME.

DECULTURE!

CfAhs_fUYAA8YOZ.jpg

As this is emergency thread, the characters and Valkyrie mechanics and everything else is mostly on the website. What better way to learn than from the source itself!

http://macross.jp/delta/mechanic/index06.php

jstripes

Banned
So they mixed Macross, Idolmaster, and Ouran Host Club?

(Yes, I know Macross has always been about pop idols, but this seems to be pushing it to extremes.)

Shun

Makeshift emergency thread since people in Gundam wanted it.

Do not slander, we have beautiful music by JUNNA.

ギリギリEYE〜〜〜いけないボーダーライン!

It didn't give me a good impression of the series.

The series is pretty good from the older series to now. I mean if you don't like singing and idols from the 80s, 90s, 00s, and 10s and giant robots then maybe it's not for you. Music plays a pretty big role in the series.

Check out Macross 7 and the movies if you want. DECULTURE.

So they mixed Macross, Idolmaster, and Ouran Host Club?

(Yes, I know Macross has always been about pop idols, but this seems to be pushing it to extremes.)

Macross 7 (the only good one) was just a dude and his band.

This isn't even Macross, it's just an idol show with giant robots.

Rue

I loved the first episode and I've been craving a new Macross series since Frontier; so I'm very excited to see how this turns out.

RangerBAD

Shun saved me the trouble of having to do the OT. It would have sucked compared to even his barebone version.

KYUN KYUN

DECULTURE!

Shun

No every robot show is not just a poor man's Gundam. Not every robot series is Gundam.

I already knew from the start the series would garner negative reactions, give it a shot. I will bet you this ends up better overall than G Tekketsu.

At the very least, there cannot possibly be a worse protagonist than Alto.

The true protagonist was Ranka and Sheryl.

Also Hayate can dance. He is automatically cool, for the time being.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Enjoyed the first episode, it was fun. I've been meaning to pick up Macross eventually, and this is probably going to give me the push to start it.

Shun

They decided to focus on the wrong aspects and put it front and center.

For all the people always wanting for a director to always convey the true meaning through their work, You all so NEGATIVE. Let these directors, these artists be free and give us something with HEART.

The reason why they call this MACROSS DELTA is because the director envisioned it to encapsulate the THREE core elements of the Macross series, SONGS, BATTLES, and LOVE TRIANGLES. It is a TRIANGLE a DELTA so that we never ever forget the core of the series.

The series is set 8 years after RANKA LEE and SHERYL NOME saved the world. Now it is time for WALKURE to take on PROTOCULTURE and SAVE US ALL from the VAR SYNDROME.

In case anyone wondered exactly how Mirage Farina Jenius fits into the Jenius family, Kawamori confirmed on twitter that her mother is Miranda Jenius, one of Max and Millia's seven children.

So Mirage is the granddaughter.

Shun

Since I am asian and asians like karaoke and since the songs are on JoySound now...

Lyrics for 恋! ハレイション THE WAR
Welcome to Walkure World.
Welcome!
My Heart… feel your Love.

のぼせてScreaming! もう止まれないの!
「S」「O」「S」アガるサイレン
恋! ハレイション THE WAR

目覚めれば動き出す物語(My Own Story)
いつもと何か違う朝 まぶたこすった
発射直前 スリー トゥー
ワンピースをひるがえしたら
みなぎる YA! 倍速エンジン
ぶつかって 銀河級
ドキュッ! とブッ込み デ・カルチャー!
面舵 全開! 火をつけるわ

カンジてDiving! もう戻れないの!
「S」「O」「S」燃えるシグナル
恋! Chainging THE WORLD

めくるめくような色彩
感情のTYPHOONが私をさらう
のぼせてScreaming! もう止まれないの!

Love Love! Melody of Love

星たちの瞬きがささやくわ
I hear their voices saying “Feel your Love”.
繰り返しだった日常が今まぶしくって
私を綺麗にしていく
確率は銀河級 キミがブっ込む デ・カルチャー!
取舵 いっぱい! 火がついたわ

溺れてFloating! もう夢じゃないの!
「S」「O」「S」! 回るパノラマ
恋! Shaking THE WIND

ここはまるで Cosmic ワンダーランド
ありきたりな毎日も(プリズミック輝いて)
世界にキミがいるだけで こんなにも胸が躍る
こんなにもキミに…

のぼせてScreaming! もう止まれないの!
「S」「O」「S」響いて
恋がハレイション THE WAR

きっと さあ もっと
もっと さあ ぎゅっと
ぎゅっと ねえ そっと
そっと ねえ きっと
きっと さあ もっと(もっと)
もっと さあ ぎゅっと(ぎゅっと)
ぎゅっと ねえ そっと(そっと)
そっと ねえ きっと
きっと さあ もっと
もっと さあ ぎゅっと
ぎゅっと ねえ そっと

ほらね もっと ぐっと 君に刺され…

Lyrics for いけないボーダーライン

見つめあって恋をして 無我夢中で追いかけて
だけどもっと知りたくてメラメラしてる
願うほど謎は増え 思うほど熱になる
だからもっととびこむの未開の世界
恋とか夢とか誰でも信じるけど
そこそこ攻めなきゃつまんないよ
ギリギリeye いけないボーダーライン
難易度Gでも全て壊してみせる
ギリギリmind さらなるGへと
意識は溶ける 体は制御不能
いっちゃうかもね

ふざけあった友達と求めあったあの時と
また会える日のためにキラキラしてる
光るほど影は出来 燃えるほどhighになる
走るほど見えてくる あぶないライン
自由も平和も望めば生まれるけど
モタモタしてたら腐っちゃうよ
ギリギリeye あぶないボーダーレース
非常識だね まだ加速しているよ
ギリギリmind
限界点なら塗り替えていい
破壊と再生から私は出来る

ギリギリeye いけないボーダーライン
難易度Gでも全て壊してみせる
ギリギリmind さらなるGへと
意識は溶ける 体は制御不能
いっちゃうかもね

ギリギリeye いけないボーダーライン
燃え尽きながらまだ輝いてみせる
ギリギリmind あなたのために
未来のために何度砕け散っても

愛することで生まれ変わる
愛されたくて生きて帰る

If it is issue and if you want, I can make a true karaoke track so it is easier for you to read.

Shun

EDIT: I think thread title is fine as is but maybe a "less obnoxious" title to consider is "Wecome to Walkure World" or something. If it's really that much a problem for these guys.

The one I was thinking about was Welcome to Valkyrie World.

Obnoxious? Why rob the title of the show's Key Song, Ikenai Borderline?

You will be hearing it almost every episode anyway.

The title perfectly encapsulates the ideals of PROTOCULTURE.

fffssssssssss looking at that poster is all anime just geared towards otaku??? Man that new gundam ova was a breath of fresh air

Shun

Just on the record my favorite Macross is 7 with Basara and FIRE BOMBER.

TRY AGAIN

I just made this thread cuz we didn't have one and the gundam thread asked for one.

Just wanna give this a chance before calling it garbage. I mean I enjoyed Macross Frontier but that was like 8 years ago.

If I like Gundam SEED, will I like this show?

Haven't really enjoyed a mecha show since GS.

The way Macross and Gundam tackle things things is completely different. If you want a fun show that is more about human society, culture, and coexistence rather than a political space opera and war drama, then Macross is something you should look into.

It is a fun series. If you want robot recommendations, there are a lot of Gundam anime that you can ask for in the Gundam OT.

Go in expecting that the show will be different and you might enjoy it more. Even the Macross anime of the 80s is like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom