• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive website - say hello to Fizzie! (Insomniac/MS/XB1)

A snippet from the magazine,

Sunset Overdrive mixes platforming and shooting throughout, and places equal weight on both skills

The hero can ride the city's spiderweb of telephone cables, from above or below, with a quick tap of X.

"We wanted to take the shooter genre away from cowering behind cover. You'll be rewarded for jumping over that cover and taking the fight to the enemy"

And its this that makes Sunset Overdrive feel new. If a trend is emerging at all from the new console generation, it's that wall running is the new cover, and attack is the new defence. We've spent the best part of a decade lurking behind bullet-chipped masonry. For Insomniac, it's time to come out into the sun.

"In the early days, we were actually talking about the book version of 'I Am Legend'. He has free reign of the city, but at night has to hunker down and defend."

The world transforms at night, along with the way the game plays. The 'zombies are more dangerous at night' gimmick is old, but Sunset Overdrive promises to offer new ways to deal with the after-hours onslaught, whether alone or playing with friends.

Turn me upside down and spank me if that wasn't allowed because I genuinely don't know.

"In the early days, we were actually talking about the book version of 'I Am Legend'. He has free reign of the city, but at night has to hunker down and defend."

The world transforms at night, along with the way the game plays. The 'zombies are more dangerous at night' gimmick is old, but Sunset Overdrive promises to offer new ways to deal with the after-hours onslaught, whether alone or playing with friends.

Ok... that I really like. Getting hyped.

Of course the magazine would go live minutes after I leave my house.

Of course it would.

Anyway. More info. I need it to sustain me until I get home.

Perhaps its because Bioshock Infinite had such an impact on me (like on a level that I cannot explain) but I'm really getting a heavy Bioshock had a baby with JSRF from what I've seen and read so far.

Dont Drink Overcharge
8bdl4Tj.png

Top Bottom