• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens leaks (June 28th, Trailer, Screenshots, More)

tumblr_o1wttb2J801sfq2hko1_540.png

Vita and probably Original 3DS confirmed.

fernoca

Hmm...Nintendo Network logo (DLC!?..but Lego Avengers is missing the logo and has DLC...Online multi? Mistake?) and PS3/PS4 versions have a mention of exclusive content right next to the ESRB rating.

Flunkie

Banned
hopefully the portable versions will get a decent port -- given recent releases, I'd say it's safe to say we will. just don['t want Lego Movie The Game quality ports

Dominator

Thinking about it, it really is amazing how they crank these LEGO games out. Avengers JUST came out with Dimensions and Jurassic World not that far behind it.

I wonder if they will have a game this holiday... Maybe Dimensions 2.

Plasma

Banned
I wonder if that's the release date of the blu ray as well I'd imagine that they'd release it alongside that.

est1992

Crazy how they make these LEGO games so fast and so effortlessly. TT still has two other games due out this year.

Scotia

Banned
Was hoping that someone would make this. Pretty hyped.

That line about characters from Episode 6 gets my hopes up for Boba and Vader.

Jb

Crazy how they make these LEGO games so fast and so effortlessly. TT still has two other games due out this year.
They do have two studios.

Interested to see how they'll find enough material in one movie to fill a Lego game that usually regroups a trilogy of movies.

Never played a Lego game before. I always hear such mixed reviews.
Maybe I'll try this one.

They're pretty good. Content can get a bit repetitive if you go for 100%, but even then it's not that bad. I think the biggest issue for poorer reviews over the years has been franchise fatigue. They release multiple times a year and don't evolve that much, so reviewers tend to knock them down for that. If you're new to the series that obviously wouldn't be an issue though.

teeny

They do have two studios.

Interested to see how they'll find enough material in one movie to fill a Lego game that usually regroups a trilogy of movies.

There was an Endor screenshot amongst them so I reckon they're going to pull from Shattered Empire and potentially other new EU stuff like Aftermath and Lost Stars (haven't read it, though, not sure if it would be appropriate). They might even be doing some original content between the OT and ST.

xrnzaaas

Can't wait for this to turn into another mess like LEGO Hobbit or LEGO Indy 2. What are they going to fill the game with? Remastered levels from LEGO Star Wars 1 & 2?

Can't wait for this to turn into another mess like LEGO Hobbit or LEGO Indy 2. What are they going to fill the game with? Remastered levels from LEGO Star Wars 1 & 2?

The Lego Movie Videogame did fine adapting a single movie, and that was much shorter animated movie. They could easily stretch this into at least 15 levels (like Lego Movie), and then add in 3-5 bonus missions based on the time frame between Jedi and Awakens.

MAtgS

Right, let me see if I can figure this one out:

1. Tuanul Village
-Poe, BB-8, Lor San Tekka

2. Exploring Jakku
-Rey, BB-8

3. Escape from the Finalizer
-Finn (Stormtrooper), Poe

4. Escape from Jakku
-Rey, Fin, BB-8

5. Han's freighter
-Rey, Finn, BB-8, Han, Chewie

6. Arrival on Takodana (more exploration & puzzle than battle)
-Han, Chewie, Rey, Finn, BB-8

7. Battle of Takodana
-Han, Chewie, Rey, Finn, Finn (Lightsaber), BB-8

8. Prepping at Resistance Base (build puzzles involving constructing the X-Wings)
-Han, Leia, Finn, Poe (X-Wing Pilot), C-3PO

9. Escape from Starkiller Base
-Rey, Stormtrooper (mind controlled)

10. Infiltrating Starkiller Base
-Han, Finn, Chewie

11. Assault on Starkiller Base
-X-Wing (Poe), X-Wing (Blue Squadron)

12. Kylo Ren Duel
-Rey, Rey
(lightsaber)
, Finn (Lightsaber), Finn

Hm, still comes up a bit short.

CamHostage

hopefully the portable versions will get a decent port -- given recent releases, I'd say it's safe to say we will. just don['t want Lego Movie The Game quality ports

The new Lego Avengers game is the first portable one with the same open-world structure (and same map, I think, although different tasks, is that correct?) so hopefully they're using that same approach for LEGO Star Wars Force Awakens. I do hope so, because I really want to get one of these for my Vita or 3DS (I just enjoy the silliness and puzzles of LEGO games, although I haven't had one in a while) but Marvel isn't really my fandom, so I'm ready to buy this if I can't get myself to pull the trigger on LEGO Avengers.

[Level descriptions]

Sounds pretty correct. The games with 3 movies usually have like 5-6 levels per movie if I remember right, so this gives them about two 'movies' worth of levels with this one movie and then there's the stuff they're adding to bridge episodes 6 and 7.

There'll probably be a forest moon of Endor level (last 'level' of episode 6) and then a few others.
Can't wait for this to turn into another mess like LEGO Hobbit or LEGO Indy 2.
I doubt this will happen to be honest. Star Wars is one of if not THE biggest IP for LEGO and probably the biggest selling LEGO games. I'd probably have liked them to wait for at least the next Star Wars movie before making a game, but as long as it has as much content as a typical LEGO game I might be OK with them doiing it this way.

Worst case scenario they'll come out with a compilation pack eventually with all the games bundled in one once Episode 9 comes out, but since Disney is basically doing Star Wars movies every year that'll give them plenty of material for the games.

Argh, I want a Star Wars game based off of Episode 7, but not this. I dislike *all* Lego games of this vein (Marvel, DC, Hobbit, Star Wars, etc), because they all play like the same damn thing. Smash things, collect studs, press a button to build other things, switch between characters to hit switches. It's no wonder they churn out so many of them.

If, however, they PS4/X1 version's looked as good as the trailer renders (which won't happen :'( ) I'd be all over them!

_Spr_Drnk

Banned
YES!

I been wondering why this wasn't a thing yet. So much money to make here, Disney!

Let's hope the game is just as fun as the older lego Star Wars game. Also, no VA please, it takes the charm out of the Lego games.

The voice acting in Lego city undercover was brilliant.

1. Tuanul Village

2. Exploring Jakku
-Rey, BB-8

4. Escape from Jakku
-Rey, Fin, BB-8

5. Han's freighter

7. Battle of Takodana

8. Prepping at Resistance Base (build puzzles involving constructing the X-Wings)

-Han, Finn, Chewie

12. Kylo Ren Duel
-Rey, Rey
(lightsaber)

Some bridging levels in the same format as the Captain America 2, Iron Man 3, Thor The Dark World levels from Marvel Avengers.
one off levels that are just one character describing the events before you play through the level.

No doubt this game will have the voices ripped from the movie. It's not really bothering me much in Avengers but lets just hope TFA isn't filtered so much the dialogue comes through sounding like crap.

1. Tuanul Village

2. Exploring Jakku
-Rey, BB-8

4. Escape from Jakku
-Rey, Fin, BB-8

5. Han's freighter

7. Battle of Takodana

-Han, Finn, Chewie

12. Kylo Ren Duel
-Rey, Rey
(lightsaber)

Rey's vision could easily be stretched into a whole level if they wanted to. That's really all I can think of though. There's Rey on Ahch-To, but then you'd be closing out the game with a non-combat mission.

You miiiight be able to split some of the Jakku missions up though.

Plasma

Banned
Argh, I want a Star Wars game based off of Episode 7, but not this. I dislike *all* Lego games of this vein (Marvel, DC, Hobbit, Star Wars, etc), because they all play like the same damn thing. Smash things, collect studs, press a button to build other things, switch between characters to hit switches. It's no wonder they churn out so many of them.

If, however, they PS4/X1 version's looked as good as the trailer renders (which won't happen :'( ) I'd be all over them!
There's a Force Awakens playset for Disney Infinity which is alright.

Top Bottom