• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive website - say hello to Fizzie! (Insomniac/MS/XB1)

EvB

Crazy taxi reference makes me think you can.

I think that is perhaps simply a reference to a colour and small open world area with lots of Ramos and shortcuts and secret areas. That's what I conjure up if I was to put tony hawks, crazy taxi and jet set radio together in the same paragraph.

So it seems pretty likely we're gonna see this Edge article in the next 12 hours.

Then sometime Thursday all the other outlets get to publisher their piece? Can we have the exact embargo time Insomniacs? :)

Sydle

Fizzie is great. : D

Need to see more, but I can see this becoming the most exciting game for me this fall. I dig the concept, love the style, and adore Insomniac.

Fizzco's now prepping to revolutionize the liquid industry once more with its xtremophile-infused OverCharge Delirium XT.

YES, straight into my veins please. I'm gonna need like two to three cases of this a day, at least. My tolerance levels are starting to peak and I need to feel the burn again lest I start to realize what a husk of human potential I've become.

Fizzco is also not responsible for any illnesses or problems that may occur from drinking OverCharge Delirium XT, including, but not limited to: urinary tract infections, tummy aches, gross burping, water intoxication, acid reflux, heart attack, depression, tripping embarrassingly, urinating, urinating a lot, urinating way too much, gastrointestinal reaction, brain aneurisms, disturbing fantasies, assault and battery, poor judgment, pregnancy, itching, aggression, uncoordinated dancing, and death. Drink at your own risk. Love at your own risk.

Pshah. That's how you know it's got the good stuff in it; if it's not killing you slowly it's not doing its damn job. Death never tasted so sweet.

abadguy

Banned
Just watched the reveal trailer again. I had forgotten about the female in the trailer with the baseball bat, so is it safe to assume melee weapons are part of the game as well?

Hey guys. Stop getting excited about this game. You shouldn't be. You guys did the same thing for Titanfall but it wasn't warranted. Hype should be reserved for games that I think are going to be amazing, like that new game from FROM. Get hyped for that game. It deserves it. This game doesn't.

Okay guys? Seriously, stop hyping this.

derFeef

Hey guys. Stop getting excited about this game. You shouldn't be. You guys did the same thing for Titanfall but it wasn't warranted. Hype should be reserved for games that I think are going to be amazing, like that new game from FROM. Get hyped for that game. It deserves it. This game doesn't.

I really don't know how to spot joke posts anymore.

bidguy

Banned

thankfully nobody gives a fuck what you think

Bsigg12

#ShouldaDrankOverCharge

Masterful

statham

well done.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Well i'm not hyping anything since i don't even have a X1 and don't plan getting one, but i'm still interested to see how this game turns out.

I read that in a Rick Moranis voice

Caayn

I should get hyped for a game that doesn't interest me in the slightest?

T.O.P

Banned

Perfect

VLiberty

I read that in a Rick Moranis voice

XS5LK.gif

Spaceballs <3

Sorta sounds like a joke but I don't know with GAF these days.

I don't know how some of you guys took that post seriously. It was an obvious joke. Like the style of the game, can't wait to see more of it.

The Destiny blitz will be solely PS4, MS will have an opening to market this just as heavily. It's not like they can't match Acti/Sony in terms of marketing budgets....

"Destiny" will have a couple of ads for PS4 around release, but I'm sure the majority of them are gonna advertise all versions of the game. And you will see "Destiny" commercials in your dreams.

Microsoft is not going to spend $500 million advertising Sunset Overdrive. So hopefully the release is in mid-October

"Destiny" will have a couple of ads for PS4 around release, but I'm sure the majority of them are gonna advertise all versions of the game. And you will see "Destiny" commercials in your dreams.

Microsoft is not going to spend $500 million advertising Sunset Overdrive. So hopefully the release is in mid-October

Acti aren't spending $500m advertising Destiny.

And you're very much mistaken about that, Sony have co-marketing rights. You won't see any Destiny X1 ad, just as there were no GTA5 on 360 ads, Assassins Creed on 360/X1 ads or Call of Duty on PS3/PS4 ads.

Anyway, I'm sure Destiny will have an ad campaign that puts everything we've seen so far to shame, but that doesn't mean MS can't also market SSO effectively.

rrc1594

Acti aren't spending $500m advertising Destiny.

And you're very much mistaken about that, Sony have co-marketing rights. You won't see any Destiny X1 ad, just as there were no GTA5 on 360 ads, Assassins Creed on 360/X1 ads or Call of Duty on PS3/PS4 ads.

Anyway, I'm sure Destiny will have an ad campaign that puts everything we've seen so far to shame, but that doesn't mean MS can't also market SSO effectively.

MS Vs Activision marketing campaign. That;s just scary both are best in the industry

Silky

Banned

There you go.

MS Vs Activision marketing campaign. That;s just scary both are best in the industry

Yup. Both are also willing to spend obscene amounts. The only question is will MS throw their weight behind this as much as Sony/Acti have behind Destiny.

With MS seemingly having no co-marketing this year aside from CoD, it does open up a window where they could market this effectively.

Yup. Both are also willing to spend obscene amounts. The only question is will MS throw their weight behind this as much as Sony/Acti have behind Destiny.

With MS seemingly having no co-marketing this year aside from CoD, it does open up a window where they could market this effectively.

Battlefield/Fifa will almost certainly be MS, possibly Dragon Age(?)

Theres plenty of games to go around, we'll probably hear more at E3

Is there a BF releasing this year?

Anyway, you're right there are plenty of games to co-market, but I think the Sept/Oct window gives MS the opportunity to market this properly.

We'll find out more at E3, is H2A a reality, what about Horizon 2? If they are legit and coming this year, MS might decide to focus their attentions on those instead...

rrc1594

Is there a BF releasing this year?

Anyway, you're right there are plenty of games to co-market, but I think the Sept/Oct window gives MS the opportunity to market this properly.

We'll find out more at E3, is H2A a reality, what about Horizon 2? If they are legit and coming this year, MS might decide to focus their attentions on those instead...

MGS and Halo are the only games I look forward to see the marketing.

Chobel

FIFA? I don't think so unless the deal was more than 1 year deal, PlayStation is still the most popular console brand in Europe so EA striking another FIFA deal with MS seems highly unlikely.

Ok.. Hype down to zero

Top Bottom