• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive website - say hello to Fizzie! (Insomniac/MS/XB1)

The characters look, well, boring as hell.

I was expecting something crazy.

It feels like they're holding back on purpose, as if they don't want to be known as that company that makes crazy games..even the hobo doesn't look like a hobo..whats going on with the character design :(

otherwise, it could be a crazy ride..or a dud, I'm sure Insomniac is sick of misses, they need hits.

JackFrostDS.jpg

yo, fizzie! :) ...

Hoo-doo

Banned
I agree. Those human characters look like humans. Disappointing.

To me personally, they look like poorly made TF2 characters, only without the personalities and unique style.

I simply expected a little more exaggeration in the art style, but as Miles Quaritch said, this does align pretty well to the reveal trailer.
I just think this type of artstyle is kind of played out. I hope the actual player characters have a bit more life in them.

Gameplay, please!

To me personally, they look like poorly made TF2 characters, only without the personalities and unique style.

I simply expected a little more exaggeration in the art style, but as Miles Quaritch said, this does align pretty well to the reveal trailer.
I just think this type of artstyle is kind of played out. I hope the actual player characters have a bit more life in them.

Gameplay, please!

Its a teaser website...

At least it didn't go through a downgrade in artstyle like Overstrike did.

I need to see some gameplay footage to make judgement of this game though.

R&D

Banned
This game has the potential to be a major disaster and a non-must have.
My gut feeling is that it will not be anything mindblowing and not a game MS needs.
TF2 "on crack"? Whoop-dee-doo.

Rookwood

Banned

Gameplay, please!

Yes, this is a reasonable conclusion to come to based of mugshots.
Except it isn't.

This game has the potential to be a major disaster and a non-must have.
My gut feeling is that it will not be anything mindblowing and not a game MS needs.
TF2 "on crack"? Whoop-dee-doo.

Well, Insomniac's poor history for the last 5 years leads me to believe you're right. They've been mediocre, average at best.

I just don't get the hype

Don't get me wrong though, I'm very cautiously optimistic since Insomniac may just prove me wrong, but I doubt it.

Azlan

My hype for this game is disproportionately high compared to what I have seen of it. I am digging the wacky vibe and colorful world. I really hope the gameplay is there to go along with a fun to explore world.

What's that supposed to mean?

We know they have a media blowout on Thursday, the website is just to tease the reveal and we dont have any in-game images. Surely personality and unique style come partly from how they act... with voices and stuff.

There is plenty more to come out of SO before you decide that

Tregard

Soothsayer
I'm expecting the characters to be a bit more exaggerated, but until seen in motion it's hard to get a proper idea of how the character's look.

Locations seem good, and the parody logos are reminiscent of Grand Theft Auto's. Will have to see gameplay before I can properly pass judgement.

why did they put a golden yellow filter on everything

:( I wanted to see how the stages looked in colour

well Thursday is only a few days away

Skidd

Listening to the audio clips and I gotta ask... is that Nolan North? I'm getting some huge Sigmund vibes.

Not sure how some of you have decided that this game has bad character design based on a couple small headshots of a select, few characters from this game.

I on the other hand, am very hyped for this game. Looking forward to the edge article.

Eww the game is sooo orange and dull! I'm never playing this.

Kidding, it looks fantastic so far. Can't wait until the curtain is pulled back on Thursday!

Please please please make all of the achievement pictures be of Fizzie doing random things. Make him be like Vault Boy is to Fallout, haha. I love the Fallout achievement pictures because every one of them is in relation to Vault Boy.

nded

It kind of looks like they're trying to recapture to the original Overstrike style, but sort of annoyingly cranked up to 11.

nynt9

So the art style is basically TF2 but with the classiness
/s
of Borderlands. Eh. It could be fun in spite of the visuals, but I feel like a cartoonish artstyle is often used as a crutch to appear wacky and colorful without actually having artful design quite often by devs, and I haven't seen anything (yet) that would make me think otherwise.

Gameplay wise, Insomniac have been pretty lackluster for quite a long time now, but who knows if that was because of lack of creative freedom. Too early to say with no proper information about the game, but the Thursday blowout will show more hopefully. From the art style it doesn't look like it will be a deep and engaging game, but it might still be dumb fun and sometimes that's good enough.

Salex_

Reading this thread....these are some of the laziest complaints I ever seen lol.

OT: Can't wait until Thursday to see some gameplay footage.

EDIT: Oh, and are little mascots in non-platformers becoming a thing? I remember seeing Freedom Wars having a mascot with a twitter account as well.

Top Bottom