• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*EID MUBARAK!* RAMADAN 2015 |OT| Come with me if you want to fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late I think but Ramadan Mubarak to all, here in Brunei, we're starting tomorrow. We're always late when it comes to puasa. Some tips for sahur here and here and here. Last link has tons of food pictures so better not look during your fast lol.

All the best everyone participating this month.

17062015.gif

According to this image, moon should be clearly visible tomorrow in many parts of North America, Africa, and all of South America.

Hexa

18 hours here and first time I have a job essentially. This is going to be hard. XD
Ramadan mubarak!

qazqaNii

Starting tomorrow aswell, living in Sweden and the times are.. well lets just say extreme.

Stop eating at something 03:xx
Start eating/drinking at something 21-22 something.

Good luck to all, Ramadan mubarak.

working from 8am till 2pm for the next month! Cant wait but it is SUPER hot here right now. Like 45 degs in Dubai. Not gonna be easy for everyone..

Ramadhan Mubarak everyone... Having my 2nd time fasting during summer, but unlike last year I don't have any part time job this time. So, 17+ hours of fasting will end up as 10 hours due to sleep :p

faridmon

My luck is that, the camping holidays I booked coincided with the first few days of the month. I have been kicking myself for not knowing when Ramadhan was and now I have to fast while being there (I know I can break my fast as a traveller but I don't want to :/)

I really hope I pray as much this month than I did last year. I barely went to the mosque back then!

Codeblue

Ramadan is literally on the longest days of the year for my area. I thought 16 hours was going to be rough, but best of luck to everyone going for 20.

Ramadan mubarek to all, I wish you a blessed month and good luck to those of you fasting.

Honestly, I never look forward to this time of the year. I dread it.

In Sweden so i am on Nightmare difficulty. Pray for me.
Got 20+ hr fasting days ahead but atleast i don't live in the upper regions(Kiruna) of the country where the sun didn't set for a month.
lmao, nightmare difficulty, that's pretty good! :D

icelanders get it pretty rough too, I think.

Sch1sm

Starting tomorrow, since family in Kenya called to say the moon was sighted. Fajr's at about 3:30, Maghrib at very early 9. 17.5 hours for us here in Toronto. Not sure I'm remotely ready.

Anon67

I received this message from a friend of mine.

Friend said:
DD: Messenger of Allah (saw) said: "Eat Suhoor, for there are blessings in it." [al-Bukhari and Muslim] Get Hype! This is when lads become men and gals become women! Where Champions are made! Where greatness happens! Where heroes get remembered and legends never die! Ramadan 2015!!! At a masjid near you! Mubarak!

Happy Ramadan to all my Muslim chums!

However, this thread wasted it's byline. Obviously it should have been "gotta go fast!"

Omzz

Ramadan Kareem everyone! Had not been keeping fasts for last 2 years but feeling up to it this time. Inshallah all goes well for all or us

What have you guys planned for the first Iftr?

Sayah

Ramadan Mubarak.

What is the consensus (if any) on providing food to the poor in place of fasting? How many families/persons to feed and how much to provide per day (meals?) or for the whole month? Just wondering because I have a hard time fasting and not seeing concrete data on this.

Ramadan Mubarak.

What is the consensus (if any) on providing food to the poor in place of fasting? How many families/persons to feed and how much to provide per day (meals?) or for the whole month? Just wondering because I have a hard time fasting and not seeing concrete data on this.

In the Hanafi madhab missed fasts have to be made up at a later date.

8:30PM

We have received and verified sightings from a large number of individuals in Florida including Miami and Orlando. Additionally, we have received and verified reports from Trinidad in the Caribbean.

Therefore, the Hilal Committee has unanimously arrived at the decision that Ramadan 1st, 1436 will be:

Thursday, June 18th, 2015

Ramadan Mubarak!
AndHereWeGo.gif

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
At what time you folks usually sleep at night during Ramadan? I have this issue where I just can't sleep before midnight and during Ramadan it can fuck me up real good since I need to wake up for Sahoor, hahaha.

faridmon

At what time you folks usually sleep at night during Ramadan? I have this issue where I just can't sleep before midnight and during Ramadan it can fuck me up real good since I need to wake up for Sahoor, hahaha.

I stay up until suhuur, which is 3 O'clock in the morning. Get around 5 hour sleep and wake up around 8, work and come back just to sleep until iftar.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I stay up until suhuur, which is 3 O'clock in the morning. Get around 5 hour sleep and wake up around 8, work and come back just to sleep until iftar.

If only that is possible during weekdays, hahaha :(

What work are you doing if you don't mind me asking? Seems like a really flexible schedule!

faridmon

If only that is possible during weekdays, hahaha :(

What work are you doing if you don't mind me asking? Seems like a really flexible schedule!

I am a Teacher.Thankfully, my schedule is kind of flexible, since I work in a small private school. So I finish work earlier than many teachers out there. But I also assume that would also work for you no? I mean, you get 5 hour sleep after suhuur and another 3 hours before maghreb?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I am a Teacher.Thankfully, my schedule is kind of flexible, since I work in a small private school. So I finish work earlier than many teachers out there. But I also assume that would also work for you no? I mean, you get 5 hour sleep after suhuur and another 3 hours before maghreb?

Impossible, since I work at regular office hours from 8 AM to 5 PM.

Sch1sm

A friend of mine shared this app with me called Ramadan Legacy (available on Android and iOS).

It has a number of uses, like setting goals for yourself throughout the month, journaling your thoughts, keeping track of each day you've fasted, prayed (even which prayers, if not all of them), if you've read the Qur'an or attended Taraweeh that night, etc.

I'll mainly be using it to keep track of the days in which I did fast and prayer consistency because I always forget how many I've missed. Useful since I waste so many days on my phone. Maybe it'll be of some use to you, as well. Good luck~ ^^

Condom

Ramadan Mubarak GAF!

The 18+ hour fasts are a bit too much for me if I'm honest.

I survive but my body gets pretty much destroyed because I have a small stomach. Stuff needs serious planning to have enough calories in those 4 hours without throwing up :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom