• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*EID MUBARAK!* RAMADAN 2015 |OT| Come with me if you want to fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragon

Happy Ramadan

Today the first day, the time now about 11 am, Maghrib time is 7:06 PM.

The first day is the most difficult days, after that it'll be fine for the rest of the month.

Hoşgeldin ya şehri Ramazan!

I don't believe in God and I wasn't religious even when I did, so no fasting for me. But Ramazan has a wonderful feeling of festival in Turkish culture and that warms my hardened heart lol.

forumdasramazanekartlar.jpg

i bought tekken 6 for psp to play during break time at work now (coz I won't be eating lunch for the next 30 days) ideally i should be praying zuhr during this time but the only place to do that would be my car and it'd be uncomfortably hot most of the time probably and doing wudhu in the workplace bathroom would be a mess.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Ramazan Mubarak everyone.

Fast breats at 8:30PM over here T_T.

Sajjaja

i bought tekken 6 for psp to play during break time at work now (coz I won't be eating lunch for the next 30 days) ideally i should be praying zuhr during this time but the only place to do that would be my car and it'd be uncomfortably hot most of the time probably and doing wudhu in the workplace bathroom would be a mess.

Just pray where you sit at work, man :)

I don't believe in God and I wasn't religious even when I did, so no fasting for me. But Ramazan has a wonderful feeling of festival in Turkish culture and that warms my hardened heart lol.

I need to visit Turkey one day. Ever since my Islamic Architecture class in university, I've been dying to see the Hagia Sophia and the other famous mosques in person.

One day ;_;

Man this Ramadan is gonna be really hard on me my mother is in the hospital and I'm with her so I'll have to rely on hospital food which is terrible

Man this Ramadan is gonna be really hard on me my mother is in the hospital and I'm with her so I'll have to rely on hospital food which is terrible
dua for you, your mother.

my mother is also experience cyst pains in her stomach, I dunno exactly what it's called. she had this pain many years ago and it stopped but it's coming back now. it's kinda scaring me.

dua for you, your mother.

my mother is also experience cyst pains in her stomach, I dunno exactly what it's called. she had this pain many years ago and it stopped but it's coming back now. it's kinda scaring me.
Thanks bro hope your mother gets well soon mine has kidney failures and now she can't walk, plus she is on dialysis I'm the only son so I have to do everything

hows working out during fasting go? I usually only eat once a day anyways, but obviously able to drink and such after working out. First time trying during ramadan

Sajjaja

haha, you can't be serious bro...
...are ya?
I'm serious man. Islam isn't as rigid as many think it is lol. Obviously it is best to do the whole motions and standing etc, but if you can't find a place to stand and pray or anywhere clean, sitting should be just fine. What matters most is that you keep your prayers. God is merciful :p

Is brushing your teeth allowed? I think so since you're not really swallowing anything but am not sure.

Yeah it should be fine. I mean if you get some water inside your mouth, you can't help it, but if you're brushing or rinsing your mouth for the sole purpose of sneaking some water in, then that's not good. That's what I was taught anyways, any other Muslim-GAF want to chime in?

Thanks bro hope your mother gets well soon mine has kidney failures and now she can't walk, plus she is on dialysis I'm the only son so I have to do everything
thanks. and I am not only the only son but I'm the only child. I'm all my parents have. is that what you meant as well or are your siblings away from home or something?
It's only 9:05 AM and I'm already thirsty. :(
I shoulda drank more water this morning :mad:
hows working out during fasting go? I usually only eat once a day anyways, but obviously able to drink and such after working out. First time trying during ramadan
same. we talkin lifting weights here? coz I'm gonna do that after iftar. that's what makes sense to me and that's what gold's gym egypt suggets anyways, lol. if you're doing cardio I think it's best to do so 1-2 hours right before iftar so as thirsty as you get you'll be able to quench as soon as possible.
I'm serious man. Islam isn't as rigid as many think it is lol. Obviously it is best to do the whole motions and standing etc, but if you can't find a place to stand and pray or anywhere clean, sitting should be just fine. What matters most is that you keep your prayers. God is merciful :p
yeah, my parents have done stuff like this. so i should like whisper the words to myself or say them in my head or something? and should I need wudhu?
Is brushing your teeth allowed? I think so since you're not really swallowing anything but am not sure.
it's not just allowed, it is necessary. we gotta stay hygienic, man!
Yeah it should be fine. I mean if you get some water inside your mouth, you can't help it, but if you're brushing or rinsing your mouth for the sole purpose of sneaking some water in, then that's not good. That's what I was taught anyways, any other Muslim-GAF want to chime in?
I agree. I find also make sure to brush my tongue and even though it's putting taste on, by common sense I think it should be allowed to avoid halitosis. In my experience, not eating but talking a lot throughout the day can make your breath smell.

AAK

I brush my teeth before the fasting period starts. If I'm late, I floss instead. (I should be flossing either way)

I drank sooooo much water between 10 PM - 3:15 AM yesterday and it's doing wonders so far. 4.5 hours into the my 8-3 working hours and haven't had any issues.

I shoulda drank more water this morning :mad:same. we talkin lifting weights here? coz I'm gonna do that after iftar. that's what makes sense to me and that's what gold's gym egypt suggets anyways, lol. if you're doing cardio I think it's best to do so 1-2 hours right before iftar so as thirsty as you get you'll be able to quench as soon as possible.yeah,

Its gonna be some light dumbell work and some body exercises, but I usually do it around 2 hours before iftar I guess

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Its gonna be some light dumbell work and some body exercises, but I usually do it around 2 hours before iftar I guess

Gonna be my first ramazan while doing weightlifting and I'm probably also gonna try to go after breaking fast. Hydration and carbs are just too important.

don't do it. well, i wouldn't recommend it. not the weightlifting. you are gonna get reaaaaaally thirsty, brother
Gonna be my first ramazan while doing weightlifting and I'm probably also gonna try to go after breaking fast. Hydration and carbs are just too important.
now that's the right idea =] or the one I cosign rather

Lach

My Father (and his family including myself) was invited by a muslim friend to a Ramadan feast (is this a right term?) in beginning of july. He feels really honored and I myself am excited and looking forward to it!

Ramadan Mubarak everyone!

Metaroo

Ramadan Mubarak!!

Mom isn't around to make us food tonight, so it's gonna be an adventure trying to cook with the pop and sisters...

yea I can wait till after as well, so I'll do that
the only thing with that (and it'll affect me as well) is that since it's the friggin summer you probably won't be able to make it to your local masjid for the full 20 tarabis. planet fitness closes at 7 on saturdays so for Ramadan i'll be moving my shoulders/traps day to friday, and i'll do tarabis on Saturday. inshAllah.

I also hope this'll be the year I fully complete the Qur'an in Arabic.

Sajjaja

yeah, my parents have done stuff like this. so i should like whisper the words to myself or say them in my head or something? and should I need wudhu?

Either is fine, but if you do it in your head, be sure to focus on the words and making them whole. And yes, you need wudhu.

Hexa

Only got like 3 hours of sleep because of staying up late due to Tarabi and waking up early for Sahri. Combined with being hungry and thirsty only half way through, I feel terrible lol. Can't focus on work at all. These first couple of days definitely aren't going to be fun.

the only thing with that (and it'll affect me as well) is that since it's the friggin summer you probably won't be able to make it to your local masjid for the full 20 tarabis. planet fitness closes at 7 on saturdays so for Ramadan i'll be moving my shoulders/traps day to friday, and i'll do tarabis on Saturday. inshAllah.

I also hope this'll be the year I fully complete the Qur'an in Arabic.

probably wont do taraweeh on the weekdays just due to time constraint. Even when I go with my parents we'd do isha and 8 at the masjid since it would be around 1am when they'd finish 20 and my parents cant handle that many anymore lol.

RiZ III

I think I was at this two summers ago. I forget the name, it was the one built by Mehmet for one of his sons that died young. Anyways, it was beautiful from inside and out. My hotel was a two minute walk from it so I would go for Fajr prayer there. The qirat, the garden surrounding it, the interior, everything was beautiful.

RiZ III

I brush and use alcohol-free mouthwash. As with everyting, there are varying opinions. I make sure not to swallow anything (why would anyone want to swallow toothpaste or mouthwash anyways =| )

Whenever I think fasting might be too hard, I remember the Palestinians and Syrians who are fasting in 100+ degree weather with no air-conditioning cause their homes were destroyed in war and think.. ok I have no excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom