• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 - 3 Gameplay videos (IGN)

Spongebob

Banned
That's correct, whilst dynamic in the full game in the E3 demo build the rain starts at the same point in the race. The reasoning behind this is that people might only get one chance to try the game out on the showfloor, and we're keen for them to get a taste of the weather effects in action.
I see, nice.

looks WOW, but the change in weather looks pretty weak. its sunny, no wait, clouds condense in front of your eyes and BAM, rain!

Isn't that how it works in most games that do weather? That's one of the reasons I've never been a big weather guy.

I kind of feel like it should just rain for the whole race, or not.

I think this fall will be a great time for racing fans. FH2, driveclub both look great and strive for different things to warrant both. And project cars looks great too

shandy706

Hard to get any shots/captures that aren't a blurry mess from the speed/motion blur.

I'll post the least artifacted stuff I can.

vvhqnc.jpg

ngmwqn.jpg

fklivs.jpg

bj00rn_

Banned
Crap, the rain is not 3D but just a local overlay! That's not how rain looks when driving, not even close. This is a pet peeves of mine when it comes to weather simulation in games :( Come on developers, it's 2014, not 1984..

I also wish the transition to rain would be more subtle instead of just BAM, RAIN.

Everything else looks great though..

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Should of shown some gameplay in the conference.

Game looks hot and I cant wait for it.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
looks unrealistic

All the festival stuff adds a lot to the scene. Still doesn't change the fact that it doesn't look like a leap. I was expecting a little more considering Forza MS is running at 1080p/60 and this only looks marginally better.

shinnn

Lighting doesn't look so dynamic as they are claiming. Doesnt look much better than FH1.

I hope we get more night footage this week.

Dat lambo going into the trees.. TDU vibe.

Crap, the rain is not 3D but just a local overlay! That's not how rain looks when driving, not even close. This is a pet peeves of mine when it comes to weather simulation in games :( Come on developers, it's 2014, not 1984..

I also wish the transition to rain would be more subtle instead of just BAM, RAIN.

Everything else looks great though..

That was addressed by Helios in the previous page: the transition is that fast and it happens at the same time in all videos to ensure the press could see it.

It's sped up.

RetroStu

Banned
All the festival stuff adds a lot to the scene. Still doesn't change the fact that it doesn't look like a leap. I was expecting a little more considering Forza MS is running at 1080p/60 and this only looks marginally better.

Watch the B Roll footage, it looks amazing. Don't forget its completely 'open world/drive anywhere' as well.

velociraptor

Looks like a massive leap over Forza 5, which doesn't really look that impressive.

Kelsey

Banned
Ta my good man, should hopefully answer some questions about IQ.

If you dont mind me asking, is the final soundtrack locked down? And if so, how far out are we from learning what's on it?

Regardless of whether or not you can answer that, thank you for making another one of these games. The first is my absolute favorite racing title.

Hawk269

Anyone not impressed with the Youtube vids really needs to watch that, holy shit!

I agree. I thought the IGN videos looked great, but the B-Roll is just amazing. I cannot wait for this game and am shocked it is coming out at the end of September! Cannot wait!

Top Bottom