• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 - 3 Gameplay videos (IGN)

HeliosT10

If you dont mind me asking, is the final soundtrack locked down? And if so, how far out are we from learning what's on it?

Regardless of whether or not you can answer that, thank you for making another one of these games. The first is my absolute favorite racing title.

I believe it's almost final now, we'll be talking about it more on IGN First later in the month.

i6AsxOQquTXeW.png

iFas5kkSC2kbu.png

sunnz

Pretty amazing and love that it is actually open world ( no barriers)
Now just make the supercars less good off road then that would great and make them bounce and be more uncontrollable.

Supercars should stick to the road more than take these shortcuts.

Looks like I may be getting a XBONE now,.

shinnn

Did you remember to hit 1080p in You Tube or did you watch in 480p? To say this does not look much better that FH1 is being completely dis-honest and questionable,
I'm talking about the dynamic lighting sources only. Seems the same as FH1. Not so "dynamic".. as in SHIFT2 for example.

DD

As I've said on the other thread, I like the ideia of a really open world, but I hate the idea of puting a Lamborghini against a plantation like that. It breaks the imersion. Give me the option, but don't force me into it.

Bedlam

Looks pretty fun, but that off road driving bothers me. Too arcade like for me.

That's what I was thinking too. I'm really not digging the "true open world" and the look of sports cars driving offroad. It just doesn't look right. I had the same issue with similar sandbox-y racing games like TDU, for example.

In my opinion they should've stuck with the structure of the first FH. I loved it and never had a problem with being constrained to roads.

The people who say "30fps is unplayable" really needs to watch that b-roll footage.
Very true. They should watch while repeating the words "this is a slideshow, this is a slideshow, this is a slideshow" over and over again until the cognitive dissonance shatters their ego and they attain a shockingly sudden open world satori.

arhra

If you dont mind me asking, is the final soundtrack locked down? And if so, how far out are we from learning what's on it?

Regardless of whether or not you can answer that, thank you for making another one of these games. The first is my absolute favorite racing title.

rCC4ROB.png

Although the IGN preview also mentioned another three radio stations that they were working with some indie labels on, so those might not be locked down yet.

def sim

I didn't expect to see this much gameplay so soon because of the month long IGN deal. It's looking good, though I'd like to see more of the world and maybe different weather conditions.

I also hope there's a silly story for single player. The stuff in TDU2 and the original Most Wanted was the worst, but in the best possible way.

ekim

rCC4ROB.png

Although the IGN preview also mentioned another three radio stations that they were working with some indie labels on, so those might not be locked down yet.

Yes! Yes! Yes! He did an outstanding job with the music in Horizon 1.

Kayant

Mother of God! That looks incredible. Super clean image quality, and it's so smooth! I need this game, now. :O

Holy shit.... That looks so damn good the sky scene was godly with the moon and stars.
The sound and the physics are great too even as someone who doesn't really like it leans heavy toward a sim in that regard.

Wish I had money to get an XB1 really.

MauroNL

Hnnng.

IQ looks great.

What the hell does "ANNA Unavailable" mean? (Bottom left corner)

Seems to be something to do with Kinect.

Oh man, idea. Ability to set waypoints with VCs.
I'm guessing (and hoping) a sort of GPS system controlled by Kinect. Something like "Anna, set waypoint for event X"

arhra

You could do that in the original I believe, if you had the 360's Kinect.

Although I think it was fairly limited, just stuff like "next event", etc (although I never used it, as I didn't get a Kinect for 360).

eso76

Hnnng.

IQ looks great.

What the hell does "ANNA Unavailable" mean? (Bottom left corner)

Seems to be something to do with Kinect.

Anna is a female Italian name, I guess it's the local horizon radio speaker

RayMaker

Banned
  • Best rain Ive seen in a racer, really brings a cool next genish visual element to it
  • nice destruction
  • open world
  • beautiful sky boxes
  • crashing cars
  • arcade gameplay

I like it, alot.

HeliosT10

looks WOW, but the change in weather looks pretty weak. its sunny, no wait, clouds condense in front of your eyes and BAM, rain!

In order to fit the weather transition into a roughly five minute long demo race it's been sped up somewhat.

Fredrik

Looks great! Not quite sure yet that it looks good enough for the 30fps downgrade though, still undecided, but the open world gameplay is amazing, great sound, BRoll really showed this off when driving out the field with the grass/bushes slapping the front, will make it hard to go back to more restricted racers.

Certinty

I hope Alice is back in this, I liked her voice!

I know a lot of you hated her and wanted her to shut up all the time though :p

I've got that itch to play horizon 1 again after that new footage, need to get some cheevos still :p

In order to fit the weather transition into a roughly five minute long demo race it's been sped up somewhat.

Only thing missing from weather so far is the holes and pockets of water which bump your car's suspension when you go in it, good example of this in a game is PGR4!

Right now going by the IGN video's it looks like smooth glass everywhere even though it looks wet it doesn't feel like it.

Kelsey

Banned
I hope Alice is back in this, I liked her voice!

I know a lot of you hated her and wanted her to shut up all the time though :p

We need a girl with a French or Italian accent. Hnnnng.

I wonder how dangerous that road is near the ocean. The fencing seems pretty slight. Can you knock people over the edge?

Top Bottom