• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 - 3 Gameplay videos (IGN)

LQX

Got damn this game gives me Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 feels. I'm loving it. All it needs is police helicopters and cars.

B-Roll footage up on Xbox Wire with a few second of night driving

http://news.xbox.com/api/mediacart/download/8202a5a333ff46c59c6e3ac08098b499

o-m-g.gif

lem0n

Boy am I sure glad I traded my PS4 in for an Xbox. Forza is my bread and butter, and TDU is one of my favorite games of the last generation, so this is so far up my alley it's lost forever.

cyber_ninja

Boy am I sure glad I traded my PS4 in for an Xbox. Forza is my bread and butter, and TDU is one of my favorite games of the last generation, so this is so far up my alley it's lost forever.

I'm quite opposite; i was so hyped about MS's presser and was close to buying an x1, but after watching their conference i was severely disappointed with their showings; therefore, no xbox for me.

lem0n

I'm quite opposite; i was so hyped about MS's presser and was close to buying an x1, but after watching their conference i was severely disappointed with their showings; therefore, no xbox for me.

Hey more power to you, but I don't see how so many people here can find no joy in the MS conference. What were you all expecting? I want more of my favorite franchises, and that's just what they're doing.

flashmouth

Neo Member
That b-roll footage is glorious, I need that game NOW. I'm just slightly irritated by the amount of offroad racing, lotta cutting corners and stuff, that's has to be more optional depending on the class of cars or something like that. How is that going to work online?

Just wondering, the e3 gameplay trailer says "DRAMATIC WEATHER", what the hell?! Dynamic weather, ok I get that, but dramatic?

HeliosT10

That b-roll footage is glorious, I need that game NOW. I'm just slightly irritated by the amount of offroad racing, lotta cutting corners and stuff, that's has to be more optional depending on the class of cars or something like that. How is that going to work online?

Just wondering, the e3 gameplay trailer says "DRAMATIC WEATHER", what the hell?! Dynamic weather, ok I get that, but dramatic?

We have a full range of weather conditions in Forza Horizon 2 - rain, fog, mist, wind - and a cutting edge atmospheric simulation with realistic cloud formations. Conditions can range from clear right through to stormy :)

ekim

We have a full range of weather conditions in Forza Horizon 2 - rain, fog, mist, wind - and a cutting edge atmospheric simulation with realistic cloud formations. Conditions can range from clear right through to stormy :)

Thunder and lightnings?

No snow, then. Well, looking forward to what is there. And then snow and ice in Horizon 3, set in India, Himalayas and all.

Looks solid. I was hoping for a little more wow but knowing pretty much everywhere you look you can drive to is just thrilling to think about.

MauroNL

There is one thing that annoyed me though. When he's racing in cockpit view with the rain coming down, the rain drops on the side windows would just stand still. The drops should form streams and push backwards because of the high speeds. Otherwise it looks amazing, but I'm really into details I guess

HeliosT10

Is this IGN first thing going the whole month?

Yeah, coverage until the end of the month. It won't be a daily update now as that would probably be overkill, but there's still plenty of cool info to come.

I'd imagine as well that from tomorrow you'll start seeing some footage of the E3 demo from the showfloor.

Yeah, coverage until the end of the month. It won't be a daily update now as that would probably be overkill, but there's still plenty of cool info to come.

I'd imagine as well that from tomorrow you'll start seeing some footage of the E3 demo from the showfloor.

Really nice showing today, if it plays as good as the first then we are in for a treat.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
looks absolutely great. amalfi returns to forza in an unexpected way! cant wait to see some narrow windy tarmac rally like roads.

ekim

This morning i was at the MS press event and while we were taping the Spike Preshow, i saw the interview sheet given to Major Nelson. Per the sheet:

Good talking points - The new Lambo, Southern Europe setting, Day/Night cycle.

Forbidden talking points - Micro-transactions and comparison to competing games.

The sheet specifically forbid discussions comparing the game to Driveclub and The Crew. After watching the videos, its clear why...

Driveclub looks better graphically.

That's debatable: H2 is open world and from the footage I've seen of both games, it also has an advantage in IQ. But let's not derail that thread here.

Yeah, microtransactions are usually the very last things we hear about, and even then its like pulling teeth.

I'd like to think that Turn 10's significant post-release changes to Forza 5's in-game economy were a strong sign for the brand as a whole. We'll see though. The first Horizon did push that angle far more than Forza 4 did.

Kelsey

Banned
This morning i was at the MS press event and while we were taping the Spike Preshow, i saw the interview sheet given to Major Nelson. Per the sheet:

Forbidden talking points - Micro-transactions and comparison to competing games.

The sheet specifically forbid discussions comparing the game to Driveclub and The Crew. After watching the videos, its clear why...

Doing this has proven deadly for other accounts, mate.

So that must mean The Crew looks better graphically aswell then ? Isn't this all subjective anyway?

indosmoke

The game looks fantastic (that b-roll footage, my god...), it was announced a week ago and it's out in September. I surely don't mind the absence of snow. The rest looks and sounds glorious.

Duallusion

Not too keen on supercars driving off-road feature (Focuses, yes; Ferraris, of course not) but other than that, this looks like a proper sequel to one of the best racing games not just of last gen but ever (yes, at completely sufficient and playable 30fps) so it's bound to be super awesome.

Too bad I don't have an XB1 though. :/

strata8

Or maybe it's because they want the interview to talk about the game itself, not about competing games and how it compares. Much like this thread, really.

Draconian

Seems legit.

ShamePain

Banned

It's a weird comparison, DC was developed twice as long as FH2, is on the more powerful console, only has closed tracks and doesn't support weather. And yet I honestly don't see a huge difference in graphics and DC only has a fraction of FH2's content.

Respawn

Banned
Waiting on you to show me a better looking open world racer.

I'll wait.

No need to wait. Im just looking at the cars and lighting. If the ability to render the cars and such at higher degree is to tasking then it is what it is. Doesn't mean there is hate or I won't play it.

so yeah copu from the other thread

On track racer on a more powerful system looks better than a free roaming racer on a weaker system

no shit?

I disagree, anyway. Both have different things going for them, and both are aiming for quite different styles, both in gameplay and presentation; Horizon is far more vibrant and more OutRun-like of the two, whereas Driveclub shoots for that restrained elegance of something like PGR (which is the only parallel between Driveclub and PGR that I feel comfortable drawing, what with the former game completely lacking city courses, one of the staples of the latter).

Personally, I'm far more pleased with Horizon 2 in all respects, but then again, the first Horizon is one of my favorite games, and I haven't played Driveclub yet. Regardless, I'm looking forward to trying out both.

ShamePain

Banned
It's actually even funnier because people from Bizarre landed at both Evo and PG and obviously influenced the direction of both.

Grassy

Wow, that B-Roll footage looks great. I'm really hyped for this now, can't wait!

September/October/November is going to kill my wallet this year(again).

Top Bottom