• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 - 3 Gameplay videos (IGN)

Kelsey

Banned
You are not kidding, I swear I can hear my wallet weeping already.

The games that are going to suffer for me are the third party titles. MS has Sept, Oct, and November on lock down, and then December has the Halo 5 beta. I hope I can find time for Dragon Age, because it looks good.

Synth

No need to wait. Im just looking at the cars and lighting. If the ability to render the cars and such at higher degree is to tasking then it is what it is. Doesn't mean there is hate or I won't play it.

"Honest guys, I'm not trying to start anything here... but I hope this won't be what it looks like when released, because we've seen much better already"

"Really? Show me something comparable that looks better."

"Well actually, I'm just ignoring basically everything about it, and focusing on a specific area where an unnamed game I have in mind looks better."

Yea. I hope they use some of that extra time to stop it being open world too...

nikos

Looks great, and I'm really glad it's set in Europe. Returned my XBone soon after it was released, but will definitely buy another one for this game. Hopefully it doesn't feel rushed like FM5 did.

shandy706

No need to wait. Im just looking at the cars and lighting. If the ability to render the cars and such at higher degree is to tasking then it is what it is. Doesn't mean there is hate or I won't play it.

You commented on an open world racer.

Only those with an agenda dismiss what it is.

I want to see a better looking open world racer. FM5, PCars, and DC are closed circuit.

If your comment is "I've seen better looking closed circuit racers". I agree.

Your statement didn't say that. We have not seen a single open world racer that looks that good. Do you agree?

Respawn

Banned
"Honest guys, I'm not trying to start anything here... but I hope this won't be what it looks like when released, because we've seen much better already"

"Really? Show me something comparable that looks better."

"Well actually, I'm just ignoring basically everything about it, and focusing on a specific area where an unnamed game I have in mind looks better."

Yea. I hope they use some of that extra time to stop it being open world too...

You can stop now and breathe. I said my piece and I'm done. We can revisit on release.

An Agenda I'm reported as having up above. I said what I feel so you're going to have to deal with it. I mentioned time to cook and lets wait on release.

shandy706

You can stop now and breathe. I said my piece and I'm done. We can revisit on release.

An Agenda I'm reported as having up above. I said what I feel so you're going to have to deal with it. I mentioned time to cook and lets wait on release.

So the response is "Just deal with it."

Alrighty then.

Synth

Nobody has an issue with "time to cook". You're saying the reason it needs "time to cook" is because we've seen much better already, despite this game being easily at the top of its class... which you're perfectly aware of, otherwise you'd have simply offered an example of something comparable that looks much better, rather than inventing a new restriction that marginalizes the main aspect of the game.

I have no problems dealing with what you're saying. Hopefully you don't have problems dealing with the responses that your statement was obviously going to bring.

shinnn

iHpEwDE6DvW4Y.gif

iGYAChpLO1VJ8.gif

shinnn

I have to correct myself. I said earlier that the dynamic lighting looks the same as FH1, but just noticed that the rear headlights actually lighten up the asphalt. Thats something missing on FH1 right?

irsVfolaPzkrL.png

Now I want to see the improvements in cockpit view and with other cars in the scene

strata8

The first frame of the B-roll footage is very high quality, almost lossless even.

The IQ is a bit mixed IMO. Looks like there's decent AA in some parts and almost none in others. I'm guessing that it's inherited a flaw in the F5 engine where post processing destroys any MSAA that's applied. Definitely a massive step down from FH1 but maybe they'll improve it in the coming months,

Car quality is amazing though.

We have a full range of weather conditions in Forza Horizon 2 - rain, fog, mist, wind - and a cutting edge atmospheric simulation with realistic cloud formations. Conditions can range from clear right through to stormy :)

Looking great Helios! You guys are doing a great job so far. Here's an idea for the extreme weather fans: Race against a tornado/hurricane! Special event: Just image you're with fellow racers at the local meet-up and this special event pops up that a tornado was spotted in your vicinity, everyone get to their cars and drive immediately! Heavy rain, etc and you have to race to get to safety!

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I have to correct myself. I said earlier that the dynamic lighting looks the same as FH1, but just noticed that the rear headlights actually lighten up the asphalt. Thats something missing on FH1 right?

irsVfolaPzkrL.png

Now I want to see the improvements in cockpit view and with other cars in the scene

wow

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Well crap. I thought it would be ok since it was actually something provided by MS and not just some rumor or hearsay.

Too late to delete so hopefully i'll be ok.

Really? It said Drive Club looks better on the sheet?

Do I get to skip all the comparisons with DriveClub/Project CARS/Forza 5/other games it's being compared to, etc. if I'm going to play it on 360?

If it's just half as fun as it looks, I'm going to love it. Hope Sumo Digital do a good job.

It's a weird comparison, DC was developed twice as long as FH2, is on the more powerful console, only has closed tracks and doesn't support weather. And yet I honestly don't see a huge difference in graphics and DC only has a fraction of FH2's content.

How'd you arrive at this?

Loving the new AI. Horizon 1's AI wasn't bad but it was pretty methodic... they'd never try something like this.

i3G5LVlazMoiU.gif

Its all about that Drivatar, I hope it works in an open world setting. Seems harder to nail down than CC stuff. I can't wait for this to drop, Playground looking to be 2 for 2

Kssio_Aug

I don't want to be that guy, but is it just me or Forza Horizons just destroying visuals of Drive Club?

Nah, I wouldnt say that much! BUT, Im super impressed by how Forza Horizon 2 is looking on Xone hardware being a open world game! Its just spetacular! The racing game im looking forward the most on this gen!

bedlamite

We have a full range of weather conditions in Forza Horizon 2 - rain, fog, mist, wind - and a cutting edge atmospheric simulation with realistic cloud formations. Conditions can range from clear right through to stormy :)
Hurricane level a la Motorstorm Apocalypse confirmed!

VanWinkle

It honestly looks a lot more like Forza 5 than I was expecting, and that goes for the unrealistic trackside trees. A lot of them just having this 2D look to them.

Very excited, but I do have to say I'm a little disappointed in the visuals.

Edit: Oh, but image quality is GREAT.

slapnuts

Looks pretty good, not mind blowing by any means but still pretty nice imho because i am factoring in its a open world racer. Although i must admit, i enjoy closed circuit racers more because they tend to have a much higher degree of visual flair. FH2 is a game that should not be compared to Drive Club, both very different racers. DC obviously looks much better because it is closed circuit but i am just being fair about it. We all know DC would not have that visual flair if it was open world like FH2.

Loving the new AI. Horizon 1's AI wasn't bad but it was pretty methodic... they'd never try something like this.
I'm hoping the wider lanes and more open space makes Drivatars less of the shitheads they tend to be. In the first real turn of any race things online and with Drivatars tend to go to shit immediately, made worse by continuing on a tight track. So things like Yas Marina or Long Beach in Forza 5 become unplayable, at least with any attempt to drive clean.

So maybe that all changes in an open world. Maybe not.

Looks so good. I was impressed with how the wet pavement looked when it stopped raining.

This game is day zero for me. Horizon 1 is easily my favorite racing game ever and I'm doing another play through now while waiting for my Xbox One to get back from the repair facility to get hyped.

Filaipus

Banned

Metfanant

Is anyone else completely put off by the idea of being encouraged to drive a supercar that wouldn't clear a speedbump off-road with no ill effects?...

Ugh....

Top Bottom