• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MACROSS (pronounced Delta) ~~ ~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shun

Its just a .5 second flashback to her childhood after Mikumo connects everyone's subconsciousness through the song of the stars, so you can stay mad that your favorite character is treated without respell

Also Arad had no chance. Messer is still the winner even in death.

Its just a .5 second flashback to her childhood after Mikumo connects everyone's subconsciousness through the song of the stars, so you can stay mad that your favorite character is treated without respell

:(
Arad is nothing more than one testicle Ozma, of course he loses to a corpse.

casiopao

I don't hate it, but it's probably my least favorite Macross entry minus Macross II cause I couldn't stand more than 15 minutes of it in subbed or dubbed form.

I want to see this in context since she's my favorite character.

That scene. Is much more promising than the ending of Delta for sure lol.

:(
Arad is nothing more than one testicle Ozma, of course he loses to a corpse.

Really happy with the conclusion of Kaname at least, they dont ruin her by force pairing her with some unknown man lol.

ED Cantu

Meh I liked the finale, the battles were good, it felt a bit rushed but it was expected, at least it was much better tha 90% of the second cour even if compared to other Macross animations it's not as good, though I would put Delta above Zero and II.

Mirage really feels like an afterthought to fill a role they needed and her character deserves better (IF there's a movie I really hope she gets a moment to shine and an actual character arc).

Well, we found out that Kaname's most precious memory is the time she spent with Messer at theJellyfish festival, so yeah no surprises there, too bad Kaname apparently realized she might have had feelings for Messer when it was too late.
And about Arad, they never really showed him having a romantic interest in Kaname, also love triangle stuff aside, Arad is probably the worst squad lider character in all Macross.

Yeah Arad never really gave a bad ass fucking pep talk the way Roy or Ozma did. Dude wasn't even worth offering a pineapple salad. Death like, "this guy ain't even worth killing, keep his boring ass."

I bought it since it was the only thing outside of robotech here, before internet age.

Dubbed and I'll say it again, I liked it.
At what point did it get good? I kind of liked the female lead but I found the journalist dude annoying to the point where I had to turn it off.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
.....so..... Who is Lady M now?

tumblr_njmq8yE1jT1s40tcxo1_500.gif

Shun

Did they really not answer the question of who it was? Lol?

They didn't say directly, they hinted that it was someone who was a part of the Megaroad incident in the original Macross and how during that incident, a song brought the conflict to end.

So Minmay. Or Misa if you choose to believe that.

AsakuraZ

Haven't really posted that much (if at all I think) but just got done watching the last episode.

Overall, meh? There wasn't much to wrap up at this point, though I wish they didn't do the random Lady M name drop and mention the Megaroad without going into further detail. Especially considering since it dissapeared, no series has really mentioned what happened to it and its this sort of blank spot in the timeline.

All and all this series gave me some catchy songs to listen to and some somewhat decent dogfighting scenes. Beyond that, it's a pretty forgettable series and honestly has me wanting to watch Frontier again to cleanse my palette. Or continue with my re-watch of Macross, which is streamable on Amazon.

Epcott

This ending... Hmmm...
Good final battle, even if it just felt like 2 Delta pilots VS the Knights to determine the fate of the galaxy. I wish they gave closure on the Lady M question, and delivered a more potent love triangle over all. It felt unsatisfying by the end, like "That's it? Freyja is still dying? Windermere still opposes NUNS after all this?" Instead, we'll never hear from these characters or situations again unless in a film, or in passing in the next Macross series.

I guess the one thing you can take away from all of this is definitively who Hayate loves (though it was obvious the entire time). But I would have rather had some mysteries to decades old questions answered, like "Where DID the protoculture go?" and "Just what did happen to Megaroad?. or at least have been given a cameo from a previous Macross. Instead, theres just more questions that go nowhere.

This sorely needs a second half (or extra season).

This ending... Hmmm...
Good final battle, even if it just felt like 2 Delta pilots VS the Knights to determine the fate of the galaxy. I wish they gave closure on the Lady M question, and delivered a more potent love triangle over all. It felt unsatisfying by the end, like "That's it? Freyja is still dying? Windermere still opposes NUNS after all this?" Instead, we'll never hear from these characters or situations again unless in a film, or in passing in the next Macross series.

I guess the one thing you can take away from all of this is definitively who Hayate loves (though it was obvious the entire time). But I would have rather had some mysteries to decades old questions answered, like "Where DID the protoculture go?" and "Just what did happen to Megaroad?. or at least have been given a cameo from a previous Macross. Instead, theres just more questions that go nowhere.

This sorely needs a second half (or extra season).
Minus Mirage I'm perfectly fine not hearing anything about this forget able cast ever again.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
This was bad.

Basically the series peaked with Messer's death and Hayate taking is place some 16 episodes ago. Then it repeated itself for the following 16.

The ending was the most anti climatic thing too.

Mirage friend zoned for life.

Also, they answered who Lady M was. They said this is where Lady M had her debut, Minmay.

Mikumo just went full Sharon Apple. Did fucking Roid just turn into a fucking one man SEELE? He practically just talked about the God Damn Instrumentality Project!!! These flashbacks!!! These are all episodes worth of story crammed into two second flashbacks. Delta writers fuck fucking you, this is fucking lazy, I would've liked these flashback episodes too, fucking Jenius fucking Air? How the fuck do you not write an episode about that? Those are fucking franchise favorite characters and you condense that shit into two fucking seconds? Fuck you fucking bastards AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
tumblr_lzb9uyfa4o1qj4vs2o1_500.gif

tumblr_m1vbmnszhy1r1wby2.gif

"I want to protect Freyja" cause clearly Mirage the woman suffering right next to you doesn't mean fuck all to you. That love confession...I'm...I'm just pissed now. Time for Mirage to join Ser Friendzone in Game of Thrones and rule House Friendzone with him.
bfb90cfec418ccde197338d0de607b0a.jpg

Lol Mirage called Hayate a "Horny boy." I love this woman, she didn't get enough opportunities to be like this.
Thank you. FUCK THAT MOTHERFUCK ROID IKARI.
So Elysion got fucked up that badly in what? 3 sorties? Max and the Captain in Frontier were way better than this guy.
So Mirage lost to a chick that's going to die in about three years. Fuck this triangle it was horrid.

Deadly

Macross Delta 26
Don't even know where to start. Series had good potential, started uphill but went downhill faaaaaaaaaaast. We've had maybe 4 memorable dogfights? Seeing the sv-262 have a sword, that could have had so much potential for amazing fights. Last episode's music couldn't even compare to nyan nyan service medley. Although, I did enjoy the 2 OPs during the battle. Love triangle was just a sham this time.

You've got 3 staples to macross: music/idols, dogfights and a love triangle. Delta couldn't even get 2/3.

Obviously, there's going to be a movie where it's windermere strikes back.

I can't believe the sarcastic ass reply I gave to Narag pretty much came true. What the fuck was Roid even trying to do? His plan seemed dumb as fuck because his own people weren't even down for it. Disappointing end to a disappointing series I can only hope in the movie that you fucking know is coming in a year or two fixes some shit.

Also fuck Freya!!!! The Windies better come back in the movie and fuck some shit up.

I can't believe the sarcastic ass reply I gave to Narag pretty much came true. What the fuck was Roid even trying to do? His plan seemed dumb as fuck because his own people weren't even down for it. Disappointing end to a disappointing series I can only hope in the movie that you fucking know is coming in a year or two fixes some shit.

Also fuck Freya!!!! The Windies better come back in the movie and fuck some shit up.
He wanted everybody to dissolve into a pool of LCL to become one or some shit.

Shun

Neon Macross Deltangelion.

I literally said this when the episode dropped. They somehow managed to be Evangelion, Code Geass, and Macross in one.

Kaname is probably my favorite character of the cast.

CtNd_NbVMAEIDmp.jpg

Freyja is also the most interesting female lead, if not fun, in a while.

The fact that I get to see people here meltdown about Mirage means that the Triangle did it's job and was hilarious.

I literally said this when the episode dropped. They somehow managed to be Evangelion, Code Geass, and Macross in one.

Kaname is probably my favorite character of the cast.

CtNd_NbVMAEIDmp.jpg

Freyja is also the most interesting female lead, if not fun, in a while.

The fact that I get to see people here meltdown about Mirage means that the Triangle did it's job and was hilarious.
Kaname and Freyja were the characters least fucked over by bad plotting. Reina and Makina didn't need much...cause clearly dem two got a life that happens when the cameras aren't on them...that's...that's for a much different demographic and rating system though...I'd sure as shit watch their show though. I just feel bad for Mirage. Only character on that show riding the HMS Forever Alone. Sure Arad's probably on that boat with her, but fuck Arad though.

Giolon

Well, that finale was just about the shit show I expected it to end up being. No resolution to Lady M mystery.

Ugh, what a waste of a Macross series.

Finally got caught up and watched the ending as well.

What the fuck was this shit? Roid's motivations made even less sense than Grace's in Frontier and managed to be even more out of left field.

Chaos managed to gain the power of the last episode plot armor and suddenly was wrecking the Windermerean fleet with the power of RRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW!!!

I need a drink.

Well, that finale was just about the shit show I expected it to end up being. No resolution to Lady M mystery.

Ugh, what a waste of a Macross series.

They mentioned Megaroad 1 didn't they? So it's either Minmay or Misa (probably Minmay)

deim0s

Watched the last two... what a rush job - you got 5 years to gestate for Macross and we got nothing but breaking the young idol curse.

And fuck, Jenius kids cant get any love. :p

They mentioned Megaroad 1 didn't they? So it's either Minmay or Misa (probably Minmay)

Moat likely its Minmay, she's probably still sore about Hikaru.

Reknoc

ending was okay, better than i expected considering. Not telling us who Lady M is is some bull. shit. especially after exposition al dump teased it. The roid stuff was some insane stuff but i'm into it.

I would've been alright with this finale if the episodes prior had built up to it more, but it's pretty much a whole lot of nothing. At least I had fun in the first half, and Freyja was enough to pull me through the latter half.

RangerBAD

I liked the finale and enjoyed the show. It had some great Macross moments and no loose ends were left. We didn't find out Lady M was, but it was basically an unnecessary plot point for the show. Maybe in the inevitable movie it will actually matter.

Thoraxes

Basically I got what I expected, I got what I wanted, and overall, I really liked Delta. Best girl winning made it even better.

Also good was no "You are both my wings" bullshit lol

My BD for volume 3 should be coming in the mail tomorrow probably hyppeeeeee

Elandyll

Banned
Finally watched ep 26 and wow... Garbage level ending to garbage level Macross...

I can't believe this is what follows Frontier tbh.

Expedited villain take-over with stupid plot and no build up, Love cures million years old overtech by Protoculture, main battle over in less than 10 minutes, no answers to major questions including who is lady M after name dropping the Megaroad 01, no closure on the Windermere war and genocide (both sides), series transformed NUNS into a galaxy wide villain totally cool with the use of WMDs killing millions, love triangle botched, etc.

Maybe the worst offender for a Macross series finale: garbage main song fight, with probably the worst-ever cover of Ai Oboete Imasu Ka (blended with other trash renditions, sounded like some stuff from Plus)...

Just , wow...

deim0s

You were salty for the wrong reasons though. Delta's flaws have little to nothing to do with Mirage. And the first half of the show was better than Frontier.

This series build-up for me is slow, really slow... then tanked horribly within the last 5 eps. It really felt like Delta is supposed to have more than 26 eps as someone said "Nope!" and then pulled the plug.

You were salty for the wrong reasons though. Delta's flaws have little to nothing to do with Mirage. And the first half of the show was better than Frontier.
You don't treat one of the main components of a love triangle and a descendant of a badass line of people like that. Mirage had the potential to be a main character if they wrote her like that. There was a lot of potential in that character and they just sort of side stepped her for 65% of the show.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I don't see why people think Mirage lost. Freya only living for another year or two more. Keep letting that bitch sing.

I don't see why people think Mirage lost. Freya only living for another year or two more. Keep letting that bitch sing.
Cause this way she kind of just comes off as sloppy seconds. Fucking Miria would've cut Freyja's fucking heart out and nailed it to Hayate's bathroom door.

RangerBAD

This series build-up for me is slow, really slow... then tanked horribly within the last 5 eps. It really felt like Delta is supposed to have more than 26 eps as someone said "Nope!" and then pulled the plug.

Kawamori wanted to originally do 13 episodes, but ended up deciding to do 26 in in pre-production or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom