• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MACROSS (pronounced Delta) ~~ ~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macross Delta Mirage Jenius valk
VF-31C
pre-order begins in April
August 2017 release
Lo6c721.jpg

Why did I think this had already come out? Is hers the last one released or does fishboy get one too?

this is the third one.
so far
Hayate,
Messer is coming out in April 2017
and Mirage was just announced for August

i believe they're releasing every 4 months.
the next will be December 2017

and then April 2018

this is the third one.
so far
Hayate,
Messer is coming out in April 2017
and Mirage was just announced for August

i believe they're releasing every 4 months.
the next will be December 2017

and then April 2018
Jesus. Well since I'm getting back into gunpla and these things are expensive it's never happening. At least hers isn't the final release.

Reknoc

well guess who didn't pay attention to what shipping method they used and got their toy waaaaaay to early with a lovey £50 customs charge...

anyway my baby is here

wpO8jX6.jpg

that cost kinda a lot too much so i think i'm done with these unless

a) whatever the next series is has something as awesome as the drakken or
b) they redo macross 7 stuff

well guess who didn't pay attention to what shipping method they used and got their toy waaaaaay to early with a lovey £50 customs charge...

anyway my baby is here

that cost kinda a lot too much so i think i'm done with these unless

a) whatever the next series is has something as awesome as the drakken or
b) they redo macross 7 stuff
congrats! you transforming him?
i'm having mine is shipped with F91 soon.

Korigama

For once, I'm actually willing to humor an alternate continuity take on a Macross (couldn't possibly be worse than the actual series for Delta was).

Reknoc

necro bump!

Macross Delta Movie Announced!

wow, i'm shocked. whodda thunk it.

Interested to see what they plan on doing with it if it is a retelling (it probably will be).

maybe they'll even make Mirage more than a support character... but then, her only role in Uta Macross is to level up for a Freyja costume, and not even a fancy one either.

wow, i'm shocked. whodda thunk it.

Interested to see what they plan on doing with it if it is a retelling (it probably will be).

maybe they'll even make Mirage more than a support character... but then, her only role in Uta Macross is to level up for a Freyja costume, and not even a fancy one either.
a54.gif

Scavenger

Gekijō-ban Macross Delta: Gekijō no Walkūre will open on February 9 2018

At a Macross Delta film announcement event on Monday, Macross franchise creator Shoji Kawamori unveiled the title and opening date of the film project. Gekijō-ban Macross Delta: Gekijō no Walkūre (Macross Delta the Movie: Passionate Walkūre) will open on Febuary 9, 2018. (The terms for "theater" and "passion" are homonyms in Japanese — "gekijō.") The film will recompile scenes from the television anime with new scenes to tell a different story, to maximize the storytelling potential of the shorter runtime but larger medium. It will have at least one new song and enhanced battle sequences.

ED Cantu

So they are going to follow the Frontier route and retell/change the story with old and new footage? I'm ok with that.

I like the new oufits, most likely we'll see walkure wear them for the final battle.

Anyway, the real questions now are: will Kaname get a new solo song? will Messer be able to pull a Mikhail? will Mirage have an important role this time?

Elandyll

Banned
Movie version:

All the Walkure except for Mikumo and Kaname die within the first 10 minutes, and Ayate dies too while trying to save them (Freyja in particular dies a particularly horrible death).

The rest of the film is Messer, Mirage and Mikumo kicking ass, with a love triangle Kaname/ Mirage / Messer in the background.

That's my version anyway.

Edit: in this scenario I can only come up with Mirage still holding a big fat L at the end, so Hayate actually lives but is confined to a wheelchair for the duration with a massive survivor guilt, and by the end of the film Mirage clears up "her true feelings".

#bestending

Movie version:

All the Walkure except for Mikumo and Kaname die within the first 10 minutes, and Ayate dies too while trying to save them (Freyja in particular dies a particularly horrible death).

The rest of the film is Messer, Mirage and Mikumo kicking ass, with a love triangle Kaname/ Mirage / Messer in the background.

No complaints. I have always found it weird that the casts IQ took a drop after Frontier. Alto's a bit of an ass, but he ain't stupid. Pretty much Mirage, Reina and Messer are the most intelligent and they have the least amount of screen time. On top of this most of the pilots are Luca tier.

ED Cantu

Movie version:

I want to watch this version please.

Now if we could get rid of Arad, Chuck and 3 of the Aerial Knights (the twins and the farmer) then it would be perfect.

Jazz573

Nice. New Macross Delta movie details after I just finished marathoning the entire franchise.

Frontier and DYRL are my favourite parts. Though I like just about every Macross series (even Macross II I think is decent, tho I feel the OP is the best part tbh. Not that it really matters since it's not canon).

And I know this is blasphemy, but I really liked Delta. Not nearly as good as Frontier but I still enjoyed it.

I liked Zero because Fokker is awesome. Plus is really good too. Macross 7 is also one I really like, I'm actually currently listening to some of the music from it.

Plus, 7, Delta, and Frontier have some of my favourite tracks. Holy Lonely Light, Submarine Street, Remember 16, Try Again, Totsugeki Love Heart, Dynamite Explosion are all great tracks. Lion from Frontier is great and the second OP for Delta is pretty good.

BOMBER!

trejo

I want to watch this version please.

Now if we could get rid of Arad, Chuck and 3 of the Aerial Knights (the twins and the farmer) then it would be perfect.
I think it says a lot about Delta's staying power that a lot of the names being thrown around are a complete blank to me.

Reduce the superfluous cast by at least 70% and the movies might have a fighting chance at being at least halfway decent. I mean, that and an actually compelling plot, of course. But that might be asking too much.

Macross Frontier movies are great, but I still prefer the TV series.
I say the same about DYRL and the original series. Yeah DYRL spared us the Kaifun shit, but I thought the overall pacing makes more sense with the original series. Though with the Frontier movies I'm glad they did not kill Michael. That shit just hurt, I felt so bad for Klan after it. Is there even a song in the Delta soundtrack as good as Don't Be Late? Cause god damn that song is bombastic. You know what...I'm looking at live footage of May'n and Megumi Nakajima singing their Frontier songs and I have to say they did a excellent job casting those two. May'n brings a fuck ton of stage presence and energy and Nakajima has no problem bringing the sweetness. They are pretty much their Frontier characters.

Anjin M

I completely forgot the series existed until this thread popped back up. I think I only got six or seven episodes in. I guess that says a lot about my interest in it. :(

killatopak

So... As someone who is into political mecha like Gundam, would I like Macross?

The only exposure I have to Macross are the SRW games. Which series should I start with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom