• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MACROSS (pronounced Delta) ~~ ~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up on the thread...

I dropped off of Delta after ep13, need to get back into it and watch the second half.

As far as Macross merch is concerned...I missed out on the DX Chogokin Draken pre-order, oh well...maybe other versions might come out later on.

If anything, I did place a pre-order on a Macross Cospa track jacket =)

GOODS-00112503.jpg

I also picked up the Robotech VF-1S hoodie a couple of months ago:

robotech2-594x600.jpg

Honestly other than something like Anime Expo I don't know if I can ever wear the Robotech hoodie outside lol
that black jacket looks awesome.

all you need now is Tommy Yune's signature on the other to be able to go out in style =P

joseale

I found out about macross delta from this thread. It was ok but not really what I like about Macross, and I'm a big macross fan. All episodes felt pretty much the same, with inconsequential encounters just "decided" (until the next week) by whose side singing power is upgraded further. I wish it would have been so much more.

Well, at least all the talk around 7 might get me to finally watch it. I've been avoiding it for at least a decade.

I found out about macross delta from this thread. It was ok but not really what I like about Macross, and I'm a big macross fan. All episodes felt pretty much the same, with inconsequential encounters just "decided" (until the next week) by whose side singing power is upgraded further. I wish it would have been so much more.

Well, at least all the talk around 7 might get me to finally watch it. I've been avoiding it for at least a decade.
It starts off weird but gets better later, it's the opposite of Delta pacing wise. Starts bad, eventually gets good.

Wait, so Megaroad-1 was rediscovered?

It was said they detected a signal from it at the end of the Vajra War (Frontier), and that Lady M appeared around the same time.

A few episodes earlier it was stated Lady M had been researching the power of music since Space War I.

Someone correct me if I'm misremembering.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It was said they detected a signal from it at the end of the Vajra War (Frontier), and that Lady M appeared around the same time.

A few episodes earlier it was stated Lady M had been researching the power of music since Space War I.
Are they really just saving all this stuff for a follow up movie? lol

I would honestly prefer nobody on the writing staff of Delta to touch any of the space war 1 cast.
Lol. Mirage is going to get Hayate in the future lol when Freyja kick the bucket lol......or, who knows Mirage x Hayate and Freyja son in the future lol.^_^
This entire season: "Baka Hayate grow the fuck up."
"I can't Mirage-sama this little girl is made of cute rainbows."

casiopao

I would honestly prefer nobody on the writing staff of Delta to touch any of the space war 1 cast.

This entire season: "Baka Hayate grow the fuck up."
"I can't Mirage-sama this little girl is made of cute rainbows."

Lolol Hayate is enchanted by the rainbow of Freyja lol. Mirage is again just cloud moving around.

You would choose Rainbow over Cloud right?^_^

Lolol Hayate is enchanted by the rainbow of Freyja lol. Mirage is again just cloud moving around.

You would choose Rainbow over Cloud right?^_^
Not when the rainbow dies out pretty quickly. Mirage is a forever girl and she does love Hayate a lot. She just wants to see the man happy, even if he's not with her you don't just find that kind of dedication that often. Besides when they opt to write Mirage with a personality she's been proven to be interesting, though it's obvious you don't mess with her. Her Tsun Tsun moment are on point.

Korigama

If it's anything like the other Macross movies (minus Plus I suppose, which comes off more like a Director's Cut than anything else), it won't have anything to do with what happened on the show and essentially be a near complete rewrite. But considering how underdeveloped and middle-of-the-road Delta wound up being, perhaps I might have a reason to care about a what-if take for once...if it doesn't just make things worse (which seems far more likely when it comes to film versions of Macross).

I don't even mind Mirage losing anymore. Hayate was just way too immature for her.

Well, for this year's mecha show, Kennosuke Tokisada Ouma(Kuromukuro) and Takeru Kuroki(Active Raid) were way better than Hayate, hell i will laugh so hard if Bubuki Buranki's MC end up grow more than him(and seems it's going to happen).

Well, for this year's mecha show, Kennosuke Tokisada Ouma(Kuromukuro) and Takeru Kuroki(Active Raid) were way better than Hayate, hell i will laugh so hard if Bubuki Buranki's MC end up grow more than him(and seems it's going to happen).
Hayate sort of stagnated for me. I liked Hikaru's development a lot though he did piss me off towards the end and I like Alto even though people tend to hate his guts, but Hayate just sort of stayed the same and didn't seem to have the same amount of growth in awareness that people tend to get. He learned to give into his feelings for Freyja, but that's about it. I think even Mirage grew more than he did.

If it's anything like the other Macross movies (minus Plus I suppose, which comes off more like a Director's Cut than anything else), it won't have anything to do with what happened on the show and essentially be a near complete rewrite. But considering how underdeveloped and middle-of-the-road Delta wound up being, perhaps I might have a reason to care about a what-if take for once...if it doesn't just make things worse (which seems far more likely when it comes to film versions of Macross).
Huh? Film versions of Macross have not traditionally made things worse. DYRL is arguably the pinnacle of the franchise and the Frontier films were a significant improvement over the TV series.

Huh? Film versions of Macross have not traditionally made things worse. DYRL is arguably the pinnacle of the franchise and the Frontier films were a significant improvement over the TV series.
The artwork and detail was phenomenal. won't see that quality of hand drawn work most likely ever again.

It's hard to determine bc the movie was made for adults who already watched the series. The tv show was generally aimed at kids while the movie was for more a mature audience.

The artwork and detail was phenomenal. won't see that quality of hand drawn work most likely ever again.

It's hard to determine bc the movie was made for adults who already watched the series. The tv show was generally aimed at kids while the movie was for more a mature audience.
I actually liked the pacing of the original series though and Rick spent more time with Misa and Minmay in the show. From what I remember he didn't get that much time with Minmay in DYRL. That and the tone of DYRL was pretty depressing in my opinion, I felt the series had more of a balance.

Korigama

Production values and soundtrack aside, can't say I liked DYRL at all. I'd go as far as to say that I have a lower opinion of it than I do Delta, in fact. As for the Frontier films, I'm fairly certain that being an improvement, let alone a significant one, over the series is not held to be the consensus and are instead just as YMMV as the series itself for their own reasons.

Production values and soundtrack aside, can't say I liked DYRL at all. I'd go as far as to say that I have a lower opinion of it than I do Delta, in fact. As for the Frontier films, I'm fairly certain that being an improvement, let alone a significant one, over the series is not held to be the consensus and are instead just as YMMV as the series itself for their own reasons.
The best parts of the Frontier movies are the concert Sheryl put on. Dogfights were still badass though. It was interesting to switch the roles a bit though since even though he knew Sheryl for less than Ranka he still connected with her. Ranka worked better as a friend but I didn't like the ending to the movie storyline that much.

muteki

Finished Delta. Felt like watched a 12-13 episode season stretched out to fill 26 episodes. This is most two-cour series I watch these days though. I liked most of the first half but the majority of the second and many of the twists/reveals fell flat for me. The last episode just seemed crazy silly for no other reason but to be crazy silly.

Really enjoyed the music though. On par with or better than Frontier in many instances to me.

Glad we finally got some armored variants in the last episode. They are my favorite.

Also Delta Scramble is out this week, really excited.

Finished Delta. Felt like watched a 12-13 episode season stretched out to fill 26 episodes. This is most two-cour series I watch these days though. I liked most of the first half but the majority of the second and many of the twists/reveals fell flat for me. The last episode just seemed crazy silly for no other reason but to be crazy silly.

Really enjoyed the music though. On par with or better than Frontier in many instances to me.

Glad we finally got some armored variants in the last episode. They are my favorite.

I guess I'm just really partial to Yoko Kanno's work, but I'll admit Walkure's music at least grew on me since the first couple of episodes...that and I'm biased as fuck for Sheryl.

Sheryl I love, but Ranka doesn't do much for me.

Mikumo/Junna's voice though really impressed me.
Mikumo had a strong ass voice so Junna's got some talent. I have nothing against Ranka, I just like Sheryl's songs better, she had a more mature quality to them.

Korigama

While I found plenty to like about Delta's soundtrack, I ultimately considered Frontier's better (not only the songs themselves, but how they were used as well). Enjoyed both Ranka and Sheryl's songs, as well as ones with both (Infinity #7, Lion).

While I found plenty to like about Delta's soundtrack, I ultimately considered Frontier's better (not only the songs themselves, but how they were used as well). Enjoyed both Ranka and Sheryl's songs, as well as ones with both (Infinity #7, Lion).
I love Infinity 7 and I agree the song usage for the songs made more sense in Frontier. I also like how both Ranka and Sheryl had signature songs. Ai Imo is Ranka's song, it's sounds weird when Sheryl sings it because she sings it too powerfully in my opinion.

Most funny part is even it feels like that, they still cannot solve many questions in the ending.
This show is filled and rushed at the same time, in short, wasted.

muteki

After some delays due to being out of town I finally got my hands on Macross Delta Scramble.

I've only played the first tutorial mission and poked around the hanger/tune menus but really looks and feels nice. Standard Artdink mecha game fare which is exactly what I have been wanting more of since finishing Macross 30 and loving the PSP games.

BadWolf

Finally finished watching Delta.

I'm a pretty big Macross fan and was waiting for something new for so long but this... this was bad.

It was bearable initially but things just got worse and worse as things went on and the ending was a joke.

Not a single memorable character or story point.

trejo

I finally forced myself to finish watching Delta and I kinda wish I hadn't. Everyone sucked, the villains were super lame and the best girl lost. What an utter waste of time.

Oh and Frontier's soundtrack shits on Delta's from a great height so it doesn't even have that going for it.

Kawamori you done fucked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom