• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MACROSS (pronounced Delta) ~~ ~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

muteki

finally arrived

will give it a go later on when i can be bothered to get my vita.

I'm really enjoying the game and all the music, even if the unit and mission count are low.

It didn't do so hot sales wise so I'm not sure if we will ever see a game as expansive as the PSP ones but I hope they do something like that again, if not on Vita for Switch maybe.

Reknoc

I'm really enjoying the game and all the music, even if the unit and mission count are low.

It didn't do so hot sales wise so I'm not sure if we will ever see a game as expansive as the PSP ones but I hope they do something like that again, if not on Vita for Switch maybe.

ahhh thats a shame. Guess it being on the vita coupled with it probably seeming like significantly less content than the PSP games didn't help. Would love to see something on the scale of 30 again. Speaking of; it's cool the tutorial levels are on Oroboros!

Merry Christmas from Walkure:

xjkZLwrh.jpg

If only I had money. I would've grabbed Mirage's.

i was expecting Mirage to be next but surprised Messar is second after Hayate's (releasing end of December)

it's about 200 plus 40 shipping per valk. yeah it's pretty damn pricey compared to the frontier valks. these toys keep rising in price.

i was expecting Mirage to be next but surprised Messar is second after Hayate's (releasing end of December)

it's about 200 plus 40 shipping per valk. yeah it's pretty damn pricey compared to the frontier valks. these toys keep rising in price.
I thought they released hers already? She stay losing.

Sometimes I think the show forgot how good the battroid designs were.
yeah it looks pretty good i gotta say. much better than i thought.
Slightly related but I received a gift this morning from little brother for Christmas. Its the Macross Frontier pachinko.

macross%20frontier%20Pachinko.jpg
nice! i never knew they had that.

heads up next valk: Messer pre-orders opening up Jan 6th.

be there or be square. i think i'm going to watch delta again after seeing these figures.

Kvik

Great, looking forward to the mini-theatre skits! :)

As a long time Macross fan, I should be excited... but with how open ended and unresolved they left Delta, it's hard for me to jump for joy.

I thought Delta was pretty firm on the final romantic pairing? Unless you're talking about the main plot maybe.

Epcott

Great, looking forward to the mini-theatre skits! :)

I thought Delta was pretty firm on the final romantic pairing? Unless you're talking about the main plot maybe.

Yeah, the main plot was left hanging. There wasn't much of a love triangle either (Mirage really didn't put up a fight to begin with and was severely under utilized). At least Kawamori delivered with the mech designs:

StayDead

For some reason you mentioned a new Macross series and in my head I thought they hadn't finished Delta yet and it was on a break between cours.

I've literally forgotten how Delta ends. I enjoyed it, but I can't remember any of it o_O

Sheryl/May'n returns! Hopefully Yoko Kanno too

This reminds me the first time I heard Kindan no Elixir, found it weird at first but then it grew on me so I'm expecting that to happen with Gooorgeus.

It would be great to have more new songs from Sheryl.

Ekid

Is it the series were will finally know what happened to the SDF-2 Megaroad-01?

The return of glorious space opera Macross.

Korigama

Hurts thinking that these days Frontier is the standard we aspire to, lol.
Positive words for Frontier can really get people to bring out the knives. Regardless of anyone's personal thoughts on the series, it was a far more competent show in its execution than Delta in pretty much every way. Much more interesting setting, much better soundtrack with better use of its songs (though there were still ones I liked in Delta, of course), a more memorable supporting cast, a triangle that could be counted as a triangle since they actually TRIED with that one by making everyone involved relevant, battles different enough from each other so as not to blend together, and not a single episode that could be considered wasted as a result of an effort to stretch a 13-episode show into one twice as long. Unlike Delta, Frontier never at any point came off as a show that had no idea what it was, what it wanted to say, or how to say it. From this perspective, I very much understand why someone would want a show more like Frontier.

Either way, the fact that Kawamori and crew are moving on to a brand new series instead of capitalizing on Delta with the usual alternate continuity films speaks volumes (I wouldn't have even minded in this case, as it would've given them the opportunity to actually get it right this time). Really hoping that they go back to using only one or two idols at most.

deim0s

For some reason you mentioned a new Macross series and in my head I thought they hadn't finished Delta yet and it was on a break between cours.

I've literally forgotten how Delta ends. I enjoyed it, but I can't remember any of it o_O

Thats a good thing.

Is it the series were will finally know what happened to the SDF-2 Megaroad-01?

The return of glorious space opera Macross.
I don't think they'll ever touch SDF ever.

But i do hope they go back to space opera in some form or another.

Edit: Is it actually confirmed that Sheryl/Mayn is back?

Yep, you can actually see the "Sheryl Nome starring May'n" in Gooorgeus MV. May'n herself posted info about the reveal last Monday.

Even Yoko Kanno is participating in the song, I'll post the link when I found it first.

Korigama

For that Macross 35th Anniversary commemoration spot linked some posts above mine, anyway (a music video with a new song). No one knows what they're actually doing for the 2018 series as of yet, though.

Edit: beaten orz

It depends what you mean by back.

"Sheryl starring May'n" (AKA May'n + Kanno Youko) is releasing a new song for the 35th anniversary. PV is also directed by Kawamori. So in that regard, yes, we have something new.

Details of Gooorgeus:
・『ゴ~~ジャス』
作詞=ROBIN ROBINSON
作・編曲=菅野よう子
歌=シェリル・ノームstarring May'n

・PV
監督=河森正治
演出=藤本さとる
作画監督:吉川美貴
衣装デザイン、イラスト:江端里沙
制作:サテライト

If you mean she'll be "active" again and not just a one-shot thing for the 35th anniv, then I don't think we have enough details. Last week's teaser, some sites are saying that Sheryl's Return is first part of "35th Anniversary" projects. We don't know what exactly that means at this point. Could be just a one-off to kickoff the projects, or a short period of activity, or (hopefully) longer period of activity.

Sheryl/May'n basically is one of those things that have transcended their media. Imagine the song Genesis of Aquarion, except this time, it's not just one song.

Edit: beaten orz

It depends what you mean by back.

"Sheryl starring May'n" (AKA May'n + Kanno Youko) is releasing a new song for the 35th anniversary. PV is also directed by Kawamori. So in that regard, yes, we have something new.

Details of Gooorgeus:

If you mean she'll be "active" again and not just a one-shot thing for the 35th anniv, then I don't think we have enough details. Last week's teaser, some sites are saying that Sheryl's Return is first part of "35th Anniversary" projects. We don't know what exactly that means at this point. Could be just a one-off to kickoff the projects, or a short period of activity, or (hopefully) longer period of activity.

Sheryl/May'n basically is one of those things that have transcended their media. Imagine the song Genesis of Aquarion, except this time, it's not just one song.
Thanks for sharing the info! Couldn't find it.
Hopefully we get more songs from Sheryl/May'n along with Yoko, MF made me a fan of May'n.

Diamond Crevasse is one of those songs you never forget.

deim0s

Thanks for the info dump guys. Looking forward to whatever they're releasing... Plus, the Macross Instagram account is counting down for something.

Thanks for sharing the info! Couldn't find it.
Hopefully we get more songs from Sheryl/May'n along with Yoko, MF made me a fan of May'n.

Diamond Crevasse is one of those songs you never forget.

brofist.jpg

So "ROBIN ROBINSON" is involved in Sheryl new song, I suppose that's another alias for Yoko.

Thanks for the info dump guys. Looking forward to whatever they're releasing... Plus, the Macross Instagram account is counting down for something.

brofist.jpg
I have to see May'n perform it live before I die haha

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
So "ROBIN ROBINSON" is involved in Sheryl new song, I suppose that's another alias for Yoko.

I've never understood this tactic from her. Has she ever publicly come out and explained why she used this Gabriella Robin alias?

deim0s

I've never understood this tactic from her. Has she ever publicly come out and explained why she used this Gabriella Robin alias?

Just a pen name, personas for different genres (? lol) or just because she can do it.

I thought she stopped doing that for some time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom