• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

superbrothers: sword & sworcery ep | 2011 Indie Hype

SmokyDave

I'm really impressed that the iPad version is going Universal. That's such a good model to follow and it garners nothing but goodwill.

SmokyDave said:
I'm really impressed that the iPad version is going Universal. That's such a good model to follow and it garners nothing but goodwill.
While we were making the game, we had no idea what the reaction would be. After it came out and lots of people bought it, we were really overwhelmed. We really wanted to make sure that whatever we did was "the right thing to do". One of those things was how we dealt with iPad players who also had an iPhone/Touch...

I was talking with my good friends at 2D Boy, and they mentioned that they were making the HD version of World of Goo Universal as a "thanks" to all the fans that bought it, and that really resonated. Really, 2D Boy answered the "how do we do whats best for the supporters" question for us.

I love the app store for giving us the freedom to choose our own models, and to be able to make decisions for ourselves. I also love 2D Boy for being such amazing friends to Capy.

Cromulent_Word said:
While we were making the game, we had no idea what the reaction would be. After it came out and lots of people bought it, we were really overwhelmed. We really wanted to make sure that whatever we did was "the right thing to do". One of those things was how we dealt with iPad players who also had an iPhone/Touch...

I was talking with my good friends at 2D Boy, and they mentioned that they were making the HD version of World of Goo Universal as a "thanks" to all the fans that bought it, and that really resonated. Really, 2D Boy answered the "how do we do whats best for the supporters" question for us.

I love the app store for giving us the freedom to choose our own models, and to be able to make decisions for ourselves. I also love 2D Boy for being such amazing friends to Capy.
Dear sir,

1. You are awesome, please release the iPhone version soon so I may give you more money.
2. Heartbeat for Wiiware, still happening?

Your pal,
metsallica

metsallica said:
Dear sir,

1. You are awesome, please release the iPhone version soon so I may give you more money.
2. Heartbeat for Wiiware, still happening?

Your pal,
metsallica
1. The iphone version is out tonight. Thanks for supporting and calling me awesome.
2. Can't really comment. lets just say it's very complicated and leave it at that.

Glix

Cromulent_Word said:
It's uploaded, but we can't push the button. It's done automagically (like on PSN or XBLA).

Soon soon!

I'm trying to hype it to my friends...

Is it accessible, or more of a gamer thing?

Glix said:
I'm trying to hype it to my friends...

Is it accessible, or more of a gamer thing?
If your friends like: art, music, exploration, adventure games, games that require some thinking, the moon, naked dancing pixel bears, battling unknowable geometry, twitter, jokes, or fun... Then they might like it.

If they are looking for a game staring any type of bird, they will hate it.

Cromulent_Word said:
1. The iphone version is out tonight. Thanks for supporting and calling me awesome.
2. Can't really comment. lets just say it's very complicated and leave it at that.
I just call 'em like I see 'em, sir.

As for hrtbt, understood. Wiiware usually is. Honestly, I couldn't care less what platform it's on as long as it's somewhere. Was endlessly intrigued by the premise and the fact that it's coming from you guys.

V_Ben

Banned
Should be out in the US soon. It's out in Europe, Japan and NZ. Probably a few others too. Update for iPad isn't out yet, that should be up alongside the US micro version.

The Micro version is up in Australia, but the iPad version universal update isn't as yet.

I'm planning on owning an iPad some day, plus I'd like to give stuff like this as much support as possible, so I'm waiting for that update to go live before I buy.

The waiting is killing me.

buckfutter said:
The Micro version is up in Australia, but the iPad version universal update isn't as yet.

I'm planning on owning an iPad some day, plus I'd like to give stuff like this as much support as possible, so I'm waiting for that update to go live before I buy.

The waiting is killing me.
It'll be up in 30mins to coincide with the iPhone launch in NA.

Emitan

I bought the iPad version on launch but only have an iPod Touch. The iPad app is going to magically update and work for me soon, right? I don't really use iPods for anything other than MP3s so I don't know how this works.

Billychu said:
I bought the iPad version on launch but only have an iPod Touch. The iPad app is going to magically update and work for me soon, right? I don't really use iPods for anything other than MP3s so I don't know how this works.
Yes. If you download the update, it will work on your iPod Touch so long as it runs OS 3.2 or later.

Emitan

Cromulent_Word said:
Yes. If you download the update, it will work on your iPod Touch so long as it runs OS 3.2 or later.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
sock8.png

Emitan

Cromulent_Word said:
It won't run on the original iPod Touch's or iPhones (which can't update past 3.1.3). Sorry.
I'm not really surprised. I might be picking up an iPad 2 someday so I will play it some day.

Jonnyram

So here's an interesting point that was brought up on Twitter.
If you have both the universal and micro versions on your iPhone, you can have two save files going on :)

LaneDS

Just finished the first session and absolutely loved it. Headphones are a must! The music and sound effects are top notch and add a ton to the experience, which is bolstered by the great art and clever writing (some of which is spoken too, which I wasn't expecting).

Towards the end of the first session I was
kind of freaked out by the spectre. Great use of music there. Not quite having a handle on moving my character quickly also made that more tense.

Great stuff, $2.99 is a steal, and I hope this does very well as I suspect it will.

Jonnyram

There's something special about having worlds of adventure in your pocket.
I dug it with DQIX and I dig it with s:s&s ep too.
The sound is especially super now I'm playing with headphones.

Jonnyram said:
There's something special about having worlds of adventure in your pocket.
I dug it with DQIX and I dig it with s:s&s ep too.
The sound is especially super now I'm playing with headphones.
the action of sheathing/unsheathing your sword is much better on iPhone/Touch too :)

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Played the first session on the bus this morning, really enjoyed it. I bought the universal version even though I'm just on the phone to chuck you guys a few more pennies, it's dirt cheap as it is.

Absolutely love the music in it, it sets such a calming atmosphere and puts you in a really unique headspace. Enjoyed hearing Robert Ashley's voice talents as well, I kept poking him hoping he'd say more though :D

I'd already been spoiled on the first session but I still enjoyed it, but from now on I know nothing about what's coming. Bring it!

Ill Saint

Lovely presentation, artwork, and the audio is wonderfully executed, but I find the writing quite offputting at times. Having to read stuff like 'amirite', 'dude, 'totally' etc. pulls me out of the otherwise wonderful mood the graphics and sound so strongly evoke. Strange decision in my view.

Tilian

Banned
Downloading universal version now ... Portal 2 is going to have to take a break for a bit!

Getting my Audio-Technica's ready...

SmokyDave

mikespit1200 said:
So if I bought the iPad version I should just be able to download on my iphone now for free right?
Kinda. Doesn't seem to be showing on the iPhone app store but if you open Safari and google for 'Sword & Sorcery App Store', you can download it from there.

Top Bottom