• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl: First Look (~6 minutes of clips from the upcoming Fall CBS show)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vico

Supergirl |OT| She only needs 45 minutes to do what her cousin did after ten years
Supergirl |OT| Smallville Season 11

jtb

Banned
Good that they're not taking a serious approach to this... never gonna be able to pull that off with a shoestring budget.

Peru

What's good here is that the dialogue flows naturally between characters who seem alive. That's the one really important thing. Everything else is just details, really.

I would have preferred it if they had taken the Smallville approach of pursuing the mythology in a serious way rather than a rom-com.

This looks serious enough, plenty of hints at dramatic potential.

the show almost lost me in the first 3 mins... looked like a teenager girl show but it turned around after that. Looking forward to this :)

Kinyou

Looks... all right. Sort of what was to be expected from a tv show. But not sure if it's something I will watch

ZeroX03

Banned
That was not exactly what I expected, but the action scenes were really fun. Bullets flying at you? Just smile and keep on walking.

The "your cousin" shtick is going to get really old, really fast if they can't actually show him though.

NimbusD

As a 35 yr old dude...this was charmig, cute, jam packed and just plain fun.

I cringed just slightly at the "girl" debate which was forced and too preachy but otherwise, they cast the right woman for this role.

Kal-El not makin an appearance and sending messages through Jimmy will be weird though.

Def a show i can get my 6 yr old daughter behind.

Yeah the girl thing is stupid because the girl thing is really, "girl? what's wrong with girl? it's a brand that we have a lot of money invested in and we're not going to change it just because it's outdated."

And I bet you they don't even say kal-el or superman ever, just 'my cousin'.

Looks like a pretty interesting show. I'm gonna look it up but I'll ask anyway: is this another separate DC universe? That's kind of annoying, though I can't knock it too hard since I'm getting sick of the Monolithic sameness of the MCU.

That was surprisingly awesome. This looks even better than The Flash (which is fun) to be honest. I like it!
Yeah, this looks a little more enticing to me than that Flash first look did way back when.
High five!
The "your cousin" shtick is going to get really old, really fast if they can't actually show him though.
They'll bring back Tom Welling for this and he'll wear the suit and you'll like it.

Got to the end, I think it looks fun.

I've avoided just about every superhero show except Gotham, but I think I'll be watching this one.

Okay that was pretty damn cool actually. The use of Kara's powers seems well done and not half baked like some TV stuff. Wish her hair was just a shade brighter for the old school look but I liked the personality a lot.

We're gonna need them to show Supes though if they plan on keeping on mentioning him. Make it a special occasion sure, but it should happen (especially if they do end up going back on what they said earlier and tying this to MoS).

sarcastor

very hokey but promising. at least she's flying

also its nice to see Chyler Leigh get some work. Not Another Teen Movie was a loonnnggg time ago

chyler_leigh_2002_05_16.jpg

Looks alright, I am a huge fan of more lighthearted superhero shows like Flash so this looks up my alley. Definitely has potential to be a great show.

Alavard

Yeah the girl thing is stupid because the girl thing is really, "girl? what's wrong with girl? it's a brand that we have a lot of money invested in and we're not going to change it just because it's outdated."

And I bet you they don't even say kal-el or superman ever, just 'my cousin'.

Looks like a pretty interesting show. I'm gonna look it up but I'll ask anyway: is this another separate DC universe? That's kind of annoying, though I can't knock it too hard since I'm getting sick of the Monolithic sameness of the MCU.

They said Kal-el 10 seconds into this trailer ffs.

Peru

To put it another way - this looks like an interesting show with a charming main character who can act and deliver what seems like natural-sounding dialogue. The superhero stuff is a bonus.

-griffy-

Banned
I feel like the costume, specifically the 'S', looks way tackier and/or cheaper than it did in the promo pics. And presuming most of this action is from the pilot, the network level budget is really gonna hurt in the "normal" run of episodes without that pilot budget. She seems good in the Kara side of the role, not convinced on the super side yet.

Doesn't seem like I'm the audience for it in any case. Which is fine. There's plenty of good TV out there.

Doesn't mentioning Superman renege the whole no supes/bats on tv? Or was that specific to Arrowverse. Pretty sure a crossover is going to happen here.

ninjabat

Fucking amazing! She is killing the role. So bubbly. The show looks good, only gripe is the trailer spoiled way too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom