• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl: First Look (~6 minutes of clips from the upcoming Fall CBS show)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouichi

Looks like a ton of fun! I love how excited she is to be Supergirl. Reminds me a lot of Flash. I expect this will be just as good as those given the team.

MLCodest

The potential for Green Arrow, Black Canary, Speedy, Arsenal, Flash, Firestorm, Vibe, Atom, Rip Hunter, Supergirl and more on the same show is absolutely incredible.
Add the numerous Hal Jordan teases and I'd die.

I wasn't feeling this when they had the first promo picture of her in the costume, but this trailer sold me. It looks fun, light hearted, and may even have some good humor to it. She's very charming and looks way better in the outfit in the video than the promo pic.

very hokey but promising. at least she's flying

also its nice to see Chyler Leigh get some work. Not Another Teen Movie was a loonnnggg time ago

chyler_leigh_2002_05_16.jpg

She was on Grey's Anatomy for a lot of that show's run.

Show looks as fun as Flash has been.

Dysun

Looks good, hopefully they don't go overboard with the cheese and find the right balance ala Flash.

CGI looks pretty bad for a major network though, I'll assume its improved by the time it airs

I'm sorry, but did you guys talking about "rom-com" and "sex and the city" miss the plane, the truck, the fights, etc? Or do you think The Flash is a romantic comedy because there are some laughs and people kiss?

Or did I just fall for some good old trolling?

foxtrot3d

Banned
Holy fucking shit that looks like garbage.

I'm gonna reserve judgment because I just went back and rewatched The Flash reveal trailer and while I think it is better than this trailer it still has some cringe parts due to the way its cut and the ever changing music score. Hopefully this show will be just as good as Flash and we're just seeing "shit" because the trailer is cut stupidly.

I think the only thing I would've preferred is if Superman didn't exist at all or was not known at least. A universe where she's the leading hero would be rather cool actually.

But ehhhh, I'm sure there's a million reasons why they wouldn't do this but oh well.

The Flash trailers never looked good to me until I was invested in the show, then it elevated to some of the best entertainment on TV currently. I'm giving this a chance at least.

border

Looks fun, though I have my doubts that this will be able to sustain itself as a weekly TV series with a tiny budget and interesting stories.

I love the shots of her jumping, trying to fly and not quite pulling it off.

Despite the cheap special effects, that part where she stops the 16-wheeler truck also looks really awesome.

Are they allowed to say "Superman"? It seems like they were weirdly tipetoeing around it.

infi

Looks good.

Glad that the love interest, best friend and sister seem to know her identity so no keeping secrets for long.

I've got no idea what the comic book Supergirl is like but this one seems charming.

Empty

it looks kinda bad but devil wears prada meets superhero stuff is a mildly interesting combination of elements

I can see how you'd think that, what with all the mentions of sex... Oh wait.

There was also a City, so he's got a point.

And somebody works for a magazine or a TV news show or something.

Also the minute I saw Calista Flockhart I expected Bon Jovi to show up too.

Shaanyboi

Banned
God, I hope they cross over with Flash. Her and Barry would be a lot of fun together. Also my girlfriend really wants to see her and Felicity hang out.

Toki767

Looks good.

Glad that the love interest, best friend and sister seem to know her identity so no keeping secrets for long.

I've got no idea what the comic book Supergirl is like but this one seems charming.

This is the one that annoys me most about all the CW superhero shoes. Not sure if it's some CW mandate at this point lol

2cheesy4me

Seriously.

But I hope it turns out to be good. Her "normal girl" life seems fun.

Oh, they explaining why Clark couldn't come talk to her was dumb.. but it can't be helped lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom