• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl: First Look (~6 minutes of clips from the upcoming Fall CBS show)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It is Arrowverse. Confirmed recently
There's conflicting information on that. The President of CBS said no, but the producers said they would like to do crossovers.

What will most likely happen is that the universe won't contradict anything in the Arrowverse and we may eventually get a crossover.

I guess I was the only one who thinks that it looked cheesy as hell?

No, I agree it looked cheesy but its nice to take a break from the serious approach plus there are some bad ass moments at the end of the trailer.

My one fear is that the marketing will kill this show. However if like on Episode Two Oliver Queen turns up or Barry to find out whats up. That might help it.

Ahasverus

Well that wasn't what I expected BUT... it looks ok. Lighthearted and all. Shame it's the same time as Gotham. Will keep an eye on this, but probably won't last more than 1 season.

Also, just call him Superman.

Malvingt2

What the hell. So Superman has been in the Arrowverse and no one's ever mentioned him?

remember
meta humans are kind it new in this universe and judging for this trailer Superman seems kind it new too so depends how they play this out

Edit: People are now getting use to The Flash in Arrowverse.

The Man of Steel prequel explains the backstory of that Kryptonian ship in Alaska. I just assumed Kara was related to this. But the "24 years ago" thing has got me confused.

If Kara wasn't the one who awoke from the stasis chamber on the ship, then who was it? S1 finale reveal?

ninjabat

This will most likely not be connected to arrow in first season. Apparently CBS wants the show to establish itself first. Maybe crossovers can happen in season 2.

There's conflicting information on that. The President of CBS said no, but the producers said they would like to do crossovers.

What will most likely happen is that the universe won't contradict anything in the Arrowverse and we may eventually get a crossover.

I can see Ollie and Barry showing up in Supergirl but not 100% characters we know from Flash and Arrow. Embrace the multiverse.

No, I agree it looked cheesy but its nice to take a break from the serious approach plus there are some bad ass moments at the end of the trailer.

My one fear is that the marketing will kill this show. However if like on Episode Two Oliver Queen turns up or Barry to find out whats up. That might help it.
If Oliver Queen turned up the tonal shift would make my head spin.

temp

posting on contract only
Can't wait for season 6 of Game of Thrones!!

15-05-13-stark.jpg

Slayven

The Man of Steel prequel explains the backstory of that Kryptonian ship in Alaska. I just assumed Kara was related to this. But the "24 years ago" thing has got me confused.

If Kara wasn't the one who awoke from the stasis chamber on the ship, then who was it? S1 finale reveal?

Well in comics Kara's ship got delayed in space, so Superman was active on earth a while before she came.

Penguin

Honestly, looks better than I thought it would.

Kind of harkens back to the spirit of the original Superman films.

And nice to see em just tackle secret identity head-on... with like most of the principals knowing her identity by the end

Tabby

I was under the impression that the president of CBS never said no directly, they only said that they want to see how it all pans out before confirming yes or no while the producers of the Arrowverse said that they were open to it.

i love that flying scene after " THIS FALL".. the CG looks great and she looks great and the smile is so beautiful. She looks free like a bird so to speak.

Paganmoon

hehe, 2 minutes in, and this reminds me of the Black Widow SNL trailer.

Edit: ok, just after 2 minutes, it turns into something better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom