• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony expects to Sell 20 million PS4 in current Fiscal Year (Apr 2016 - Mar 2017)

noobie

Banned
God of War 4, Horizon & FFVII Remake early 2017 confirmed.
Gravity Rush 2 will help do that 👍
Crash Bandicoot
Dead Don't Ride
Horizon Zero Dawn
The Last Guardian
GT Sports
20 million. Half Life 3 confirmed then on PS4 and what the heck, Zelda too on PS4... and FFIX remake.
Crash bandicoot confirmed.
Bloodborne 2 confirmed.
The Last of Us 2 confirmed.
A rockstar exclusive could help move some units... Agent?

Wasn't it also revealed in 2009 with The Last Guardian? Believe.

and nobody named Playstation All Star Battle Royale :(

If they hit their estimate, PS4 could be close to 60 million by the time NX launches.

I guess combination of price drop, PS4K, PSVR, GT Sport has them pretty confident.

At this point, they have no reason to care about the NX, despite what some here would like to think. Complete non-factor.

Thank you for a very accurate answer.. Definitely the games we know coming in 2016 holidays are big but nothing of the sort of over the top exclusives. They had similar releases last year Destiny in 2014 then Star Wars Battlefront & Call of Duty bundles in 2015 made them pretty attractive. and now this year they are expecting 2.3 million more, so they must have something to blow away the competition

2.3 million people will buy a new system for Gran Turismo. Their target is easily achievable.

ar4757

FFVIIR this year. Not episodic, all in one

P5 Worldwide Release

FFXV stable Framerate

Crash is back

God of War 4

KH3 demo in KH2.8

CoD Infinite Warfare not needed to play Modern Warfare Remaster

Done

foxbeldin

FFVIIR this year. Not episodic, all in one not a chance

P5 Worldwide Release not a chance

FFXV stable Framerate "on Neo"

Crash is back 50%

God of War 4 95%

KH3 demo in KH2.8 50%

CoD Infinite Warfare not needed to play Modern Warfare Remaster 10%

Done

robo

I will be getting a NEO to go with my day 1 PS4.

1 sale, not a new "owner"

20M sales not owners, easily do able I think.

tusken77

mind blowing games should make that possible

Seven simple words, but said by DemonNite. Very interesting.

l3E6roIxanPywWjv2.gif

Unknown?

Well aside from April PS4 has been up yoy every month on NPD. So this year is already starting ahead of last year in NA. I guess it depends on games/marketing near the holidays. 20M will put it near 60 Million by next year!! :O

but as has been, seen price cuts have diminishing returns.. So with $50 price cut last year, they only managed to sell 17.7 million PS4.. and now if they do just a $50 price cut they will not even hit 17.5 million.. So i expect PS4 regular to be around $249 or $269. Otherwise they need to revise it down.

They still sell PS3's for $250.

Well..... I plan to break every PS4K I see out of pure saltiness.... if those count as "sold" then sony is going to be selling lots

Shin-Ra

mind blowing games should make that possible
The Last Guardian + Gravity Rush 2 + Ni no Kuni II

Epic Japanese AAA revival!

The last guardian will flop along With shenmue 3. Most likely gran turismo along with a price cut is probably their goal.
Shadow of the Colossus didn't flop, and awareness/internet word of mouth of Team ICO's greatness is much greater now.

and how many they sell.. i doubt they managed to sell even a million in the fiscal year 2015 - 16. :)

I'm just making the comparison to price drops. If PS4 original drops to $250 this year then Sony is most certainly taking a loss on those and I just don't see them doing that. I see it being $299 at the lowest with a game included starting this fall and possibly $250 for holiday sales but going back up later.

That is one hell of a forecast and would be one of the best hardware years ever for any console.

They must be very confident in their software lineup, the NEO, and have a price drop coming on the standard model.

It's going to be a crazy year if they manage to hit that

Steveo

Banned
I'm calling it. Minecraft 2 PS4 exclusive, with Phil Spencer walking on stage during Sony's E3 conference to announce it.

You do realize one will drop when the PS4k comes out right? You are combining them like they will be two separate systems selling the same.

A major price drop could counteract that. It's possible for PS4 by itself without Neo to have an incredible year if they can manage a $250 price point

A major price drop could counteract that. It's possible for PS4 by itself without Neo to have an incredible year if they can manage a $250 price point

No it would either make the PS4 original lose value or sell more PS4's and eat the PS4ks sales.

These systems are both playing the same games, there's no way that unless both explode that it will hit 20 million.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Clean it. No seriously, open it up and clean it. Did wonders for my launch PS4

This. I did that to mine 2 days before UC4, and it is as quiet as it was a launch again. Higher pitched whine is gone.

No it would either make the PS4 original lose value or sell more PS4's and eat the PS4ks sales.

These systems are both playing the same games, there's no way that unless both explode that it will hit 20 million.

Oh you, lol!

ethomaz

Banned
VR
NEO
GT
$50 price cut

All of that will contribute to they beat this forecast. Remember they sold more than what they forecast every years since PS4 launch.

BTW they needs to be a not up to reach that... at least in US they are without any move already.

Stanng243

They hit 17.7 last year. This year they have bigger games, a new system and a VR headset. Do you really think they can't sell an additional 2.3 million PS4s? Especially with people buying a PS Neo to go with their ps4?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Price drop and PS4.5 are very likely this year then. It can easily do that with both.

And PSVR. And Uncharted 4 is probably moving a fair amount of consoles.

ethomaz

Banned
Neo is PS4.
Yeap but what he means is that Neo launch will up the sales no matter the price... launch sales are always better than normal sales.

VR will help too.

And there are games like GT that people are starving to play one for a long time.

I think it is a safe bet 20 million... they will do more.

Top Bottom