• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

superbrothers: sword & sworcery ep | 2011 Indie Hype

Emitan

Don't want to sound like I'm port begging but is there any chance this will be coming to a system other than the most expensive gaming device on the market? The newest iThingy I own is the original iPod Touch, which is not suited to gaming at all.

Anyway, the game looks fantastic and I would be buying this the instant it's out if I owned an iPad.

asa

Been waiting for this, I've had developer blog bookmarked for months. The Game really oozes style and old school adventure.

True offspring of Another World and Flashback.

Cromulent_Word said:
Now, i'm biased, but i definitely dont think its gimped - it's just a smaller screen. You still get the amazing pixels, the soundtrack, and the gameplay.

Awesome. Thanks, man.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Really can't wait for this game.

It's got an interesting look , with a strong wiff of retro but with a great style.

I'm getting a sense of adventure just waiting for the adventure! :D

iOS - tis the new amiga total.

taoofjord

Capy, please tell me there's a chance we'll get might and magic on the iPad (the ds version or the new one... I'll take either/both)!!

Slime

Banned
For everyone loving the game, or on the verge of loving the game, please take a moment to look into Jim Guthrie's music. Not that any of you probably even need a recommendation, because spending as much time with it as you will be in the context of S&S is bound to make you fall in love with it, but just in case. He's well worth your time.

taoofjord said:
Capy, please tell me there's a chance we'll get might and magic on the iPad (the ds version or the new one... I'll take either/both)!!
i have no clue. this is one of those 'publisher' calls, so i can't really offer much beyond that. sorry!
lunchwithyuzo said:
Cannot wait. I've been waiting for Capy's take on Zelda for years now.
Yeaaa... this isn't that. It's a collaborative project who's ties to Zelda are more thematic than anything.

V_Ben

Banned
Two Capy games in a month of each other? Truly we are blessed. When I graduate, you guys are the first place I'm sending a resume to :D Not that you'd have much use for an English student :p

Rlan

taoofjord said:

Ubisoft haven't been the brightest spot in the world when it comes to iPhone development and publishing. They usually let Gameloft do their thing for Prince of Persia and Rayman.

Would make perfect sense though.

Returning the subject squarely back to S:S&S EP...

There'll be an important Teletex coming out today containing the exact launch date (this week), as well as a personal message from Superbrothers. If you aren't getting Teletex bulletins, sign up over here: http://www.superbrothers.ca/wtf.html or wait til it gets linked here.

Other than that, here's a couple pieces of info you might have missed about the game:
  • Every piece of text in Sworcery is Twitterable. All dialogue is done in 140chars or less, and is tagged with #sworcery.
  • Jim Guthrie will be releasing an LP version of the soundtrack, with songs from the game and/or modified from/inspired by the game
  • The Dog's name is Dog
  • There are points in the game where you can, and will, get stuck... because miracles are hard to figure out

Riptwo

Looks like Thursday is confirmed. I can finally stop searching the app store every ten minutes! Additionally, I really hope I can attain a copy of the LP.

Krauser Kat said:
any word if this is coming to the android platform.
No plans to bring it to Android. Sorry.

oracrest said:
When is the LP for sale? and where?
We haven't posted any details yet. They will be coming post iPad launch.

Riptwo said:
Looks like Thursday is confirmed. I can finally stop searching the app store every ten minutes!
Thursday, March 24th release is indeed confirmed.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Oh man... want.

(This is basically a thinly veiled tag post to remind me to buy later this week).

Anyone know the price?

Emitan

Will this work on the original iPod Touch? Managed to get my sister's old one, and it's the only way I would be able to play this.

george_us said:
Was the name inspired by Jet Set Radio? Because I'd by the game based on that alone.
Not to step on Craig AKA Superbrothers' toes.... but... possibly...

Billychu said:
Will this work on the original iPod Touch? Managed to get my sister's old one, and it's the only way I would be able to play this.
We're doing our best to make it as playable as possible on the oldies.

Vard

I am patiently waiting for the iPhone version! It looks like a very interesting game & I'm a fan of the art style.

Zeth

I can't even explain how much I'm in love with everything about this game.

I can't wait to just sit down with it - dim the lights - headphones on - and just get lost.

Thanks in advance for this game!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Superhyped for this, I hope the wait for the iPhone version isn't too long. Seeing the gameplay video yesterday got me very excited, that music is amazing, and I'm the sort of guy that usually scoffs at people talking about video game music.

Detox

I got the latest itouch but I would love to play this on PC. Just use the mouse instead of tap. Is there any chance of it ever coming to Steam?

Fusebox said:
This has been the only iOS game on my radar for ages, I hope it lives up to the hype.
I share the same sentiments. You lucky iPad folk'll be getting it two weeks to one month earlier than me. I'll have to sit here and read your impressions until then :(

Fusebox said:
This has been the only iOS game on my radar for ages, I hope it lives up to the hype.
I hope we made a game that people will enjoy, and feel happy they spent their hard-earned money on. Beyond that, it's up to the players to decide if what we've made is worthy.

chris121580

Cromulent_Word said:
I hope we made a game that people will enjoy, and feel happy they spent their hard-earned money on. Beyond that, it's up to the players to decide if what we've made is worthy.
From all the previews I've read, it sounds like you guys knocked it out of the park. Can't wait to download it tonight

Top Bottom