• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

superbrothers: sword & sworcery ep | 2011 Indie Hype

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
When do new games usually come up? I know its released today but id rather not be refreshing the app store every 30 minutes :\

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
So much atmosphere and style *it hurts.*. Congrats guys - it really looks like a winner and I can't wait to play!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Cant wait for this. It looks much more like Sierra / Lucasarts adventure take than Zelda to me though.

My only worry about this game is that it could be too self conscious. I've already seen this could be a problem from a video that shows an early game portion. References being made that the game knows it's a game left and right. That sort of thing can only work so long before it starts being cringe worthy :\

Visualante said:
Bobito's next episode of A Life Well Wasted is on this game. I'm so pumped. Been waiting too long for an episode.
Hmm, did you gather that from his twitter? If so, I interpreted his comment as "play S:S&S EP in leiu of a new episode."

But maybe I'm an idiot.

Lothars

Reluctant-Hero said:
Hmm, did you gather that from his twitter? If so, I interpreted his comment as "play S:S&S EP in leiu of a new episode."

But maybe I'm an idiot.

That's what I gathered as well from it but who knows.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Visualante said:
I don't know much about Sworcery but the impression I get is that episode 7 is about Sworcery.

I think from the snippet you've posted there it's the opposite, S&S is 'episode 7' from what he's said there. Maybe there is a lot of dialogue in the game?

Where is Robert when you need him huh? Probably off playing casual iPhone games, tsk...

hyp

here are also some screenshots directly from itunes:

mzl.swtnevzx.480x480-75.jpg

mzl.bmvkahgr.480x480-75.jpg

mzl.epflbscd.480x480-75.jpg

mzl.xvlsbvzt.480x480-75.jpg

Jonnyram said:
The price announced so far is that it will be "well below $10".

For the iPad at least, it will be $10, not well under that. There was a correction on the Kotaku story.

Also: having played through some of this game, it is pretty amazing. Even the sound effects are great. Generally though, it's the way the atmosphere, light plot and soundtrack work together that seems to really make this work. Can't wait to get an iPad and try this out in full!

hyp

somuchwater said:
For the iPad at least, it will be $10, not well under that. There was a correction on the Kotaku story.

Also: having played through some of this game, it is pretty amazing. Even the sound effects are great. Generally though, it's the way the atmosphere, light plot and soundtrack work together that seems to really make this work. Can't wait to get an iPad and try this out in full!

hyp said:
s&s is gonna apparently going to be $4.99. <3 app store

http://toucharcade.com/2011/03/23/final-fantasy-iii-and-more/

toucharcade is reporting it to be $4.99. better not be fud.

mrkgoo

the_painted_bird said:
Who the fudge is playing this, impressions? Game has been hyped forever.

I'm downloading it now. Will give it a go after the plumber fixes our toilet! Not that those things are related.

I don't know anything about the game so don't know what to expect. It's just that EVERYONE on the forums is raving about it. I hope it's not just one of those hype-trains. That's happened to me many times - fall for the hype, and the game isn't really that fun.

mrkgoo said:
I'm downloading it now. Will give it a go after the plumber fixes our toilet! Not that those things are related.

I don't know anything about the game so don't know what to expect. It's just that EVERYONE on the forums is raving about it. I hope it's not just one of those hype-trains. That's happened to me many times - fall for the hype, and the game isn't really that fun.

I am on the US app store, and can't find it :/

mrkgoo

GalacticSushiman said:
Make sense :)

Actually I also have access to the EU App Store, should I try there?

Dunno. Depends if it's the 21st where you have an account.

It's taking aaaaaaages to download.

hiryu

This is easily my most anticipated game at the moment. Even more than Portal 2. The wait for the phone version is going to become unbearable.

mrkgoo

I've down loaded it and installed, so it's most definitely out in NZ.

Can't give it a go just right now, however.

traveler

Not Wario
How have I not seen this before? It looks amazing! And it's coming out tonight?!?! Chalk up another sale for "social support networks."

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
I love this game. It is gaming for the soul. Zen-like and laid-back, about exploring and discovery. You need to chill-out, fire-up your curisoity and just delve in. Yum.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Nassimoluc said:
Was super hyped for this until I started following superbrothers on twitter a couple of months ago. He is annoying.

Nah, he's cool.

Although there's a signpost in the game that says something like "Tweet this and you shall be retweeted". That's going to be annoying tomorrow :p

hyp

McBacon said:
I love this game. It is gaming for the soul. Zen-like and laid-back, about exploring and discovery. You need to chill-out, fire-up your curisoity and just delve in. Yum.

yesss. exactly what i was hoping for. can't wait till this game blasts my face in the dark. just me and my ipad.

Fusebox

Banned
Omg I've finally got it on my iPad but I'm at work - I might sneak off to the server room with my headphones and kick back for a while.

Riposte

McBacon said:

Is something like Civilization gaming for the "soul"?

Skilletor

I didn't know about this game until yesterday, but I'm super excited for no reason at all! I don't even know what I'm going to be buying.

mrkgoo

It's kinda of a bit much for me, soul-wise.

Anyway, I couldn't figure out how to dissociate my twitter account, so I'm deleting and reinstalling so I can associate a different twitter.

hyp

mrkgoo said:
It's kinda of a bit much for me, soul-wise.

Anyway, I couldn't figure out how to dissociate my twitter account, so I'm deleting and reinstalling so I can associate a different twitter.

does it change the game any if we decide not to use our twitter accounts at all? not sure if my followers would appreciate me spamming them.

mrkgoo

hyp said:
does it change the game any if we decide not to use our twitter accounts at all? not sure if my followers would appreciate me spamming them.

I have no idea. But you seem to choose what you tweet - it's not automatic.

Top Bottom