• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

superbrothers: sword & sworcery ep | 2011 Indie Hype

Stuck in session 2, at 34%

I stopped the storm and am in the field where the sheep used to be, I can't figure out what to do here. I popped the mushroom and tapped on like EVERYTHING while singing the Song of Sworcery, but nothing seems to happen.

Anybody? :D

Jonnyram

viralmarketeer said:

I stopped the storm and am in the field where the sheep used to be, I can't figure out what to do here. I popped the mushroom and tapped on like EVERYTHING, but nothing seems to happen.

The preview video gives this away.

viralmarketeer said:

I stopped the storm and am in the field where the sheep used to be, I can't figure out what to do here. I popped the mushroom and tapped on like EVERYTHING while singing the Song of Sworcery, but nothing seems to happen.

drag the sun into the staff looking thing, then pull the two cliffs together

Zeth

wayward archer said:

Took some fumbling for me to discover this but when I did - actual goosebumps.

wayward archer said:
Thanks!

I think I'm retarded, though...
how do I drag the sun? I can't seem to select or drag it. I've tried all of the following on shrooms and not singing, on shrooms and singing, and sober both singing and not: I've single clicked the sun and tried to drag it. I've double clicked and dragged. I've single clicked the sun and then the staff. I've double clicked both. I've just rubbed my finger from the sun to the staff without clicking at all. I've tried the same from the staff to the sun. Nothing seems to yield any results. The only way I even know the spot I'm clicking is the sun is because when sober and not singing if I double click the sun it gives me an info box telling me how the sun looks.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Now #3 paid app in the US. And I haven't bought my copy yet, either. (The iPad is technically my wife's and she has it the next few days). My purchase will surely push it into the top spot, this weekend.

Crom, I know you can't go into details, but many of us have zero insight when it comes to App Store sales success. So it would be nice to have a sort of base-line. Something like, you know, charting in the top 3 for a week would meet your lifetime sales goals for the title. Or that you need to chart for a good while to make money on the project.

viralmarketeer said:
Thanks!

I think I'm retarded, though...
how do I drag the sun? I can't seem to select or drag it. I've tried all of the following on shrooms and not singing, on shrooms and singing, and sober both singing and not: I've single clicked the sun and tried to drag it. I've double clicked and dragged. I've single clicked the sun and then the staff. I've double clicked both. I've just rubbed my finger from the sun to the staff without clicking at all. I've tried the same from the staff to the sun. Nothing seems to yield any results. The only way I even know the spot I'm clicking is the sun is because when sober and not singing if I double click the sun it gives me an info box telling me how the sun looks.

You may need to go back to Logfella's hut then. If you've already tried this then I'm not certain what exactly you need to do next. That puzzle took me a LONG time to figure out. I don't think you need
to be on shrooms
to do it though but I may be wrong.

eznark

Banned
So, is the game actually any fun? It looks interesting and unique and indie through-and-through...but is it fun to play?

wayward archer said:
You may need to go back to Logfella's hut then. If you've already tried this then I'm not certain what exactly you need to do next. That puzzle took me a LONG time to figure out. I don't think you need
to be on shrooms
to do it though but I may be wrong.
Ya, tried that before. Did it again just to make sure. Still no dice.

When I click on the missing half circle "mouths" in the cliffs while singing, the "eyes" light up, but I can't do anything with those, either. I've tried clicking and holding on everything while singing, both shrooming and not. Still nothin'. =(

eznark said:
So, is the game actually any fun? It looks interesting and unique and indie through-and-through...but is it fun to play?

I like it a lot so far. At it's core it's basically a point and click adventure. The combat is very simplistic... you rotate your ipad to draw your sword and all you have is a shield button and a sword button. The enemy attacks you and you have to figure out when to successfully attack them back. For instance one enemy might be vulnerable right before they attack you, another might be vulnerable right after you block or dodge their attack. Sometimes you have to bat enemy projectiles back at them. People who have said it's like a simplified sword and shield punch-out are pretty accurate. Combat is not the focus of the game however.

The rest of the game feels like a point and click adventure game. There are numerous puzzles, many are sound or music based. It reminds me of the old Lucasarts game Loom in some ways. Having said that I do think trying to dissect it like this does the game a bit of a disservice. It's more than the sum of it's parts for me.

The real draw to the game for me is definitely the look, feel, sounds of the game, it feels very polished and extremely well done. The sound design is particularly amazing.

Very, very cool game. Can't wait to play it some more tonight.

viralmarketeer said:
Ya, tried that before. Did it again just to make sure. Still no dice.

When I click on the missing half circle "mouths" in the cliffs while singing, the "eyes" light up, but I can't do anything with those, either. I've tried clicking and holding on everything while singing, both shrooming and not. Still nothin'. =(

Try this:
use both your thumbs and push both mouths at the same time. Try pressing the eyes too

kr2t0s

in the 2nd session - 20%:

I did the first section where you free the whatevers...and I think I need to do 2 more, but for the life of me I can't figure out where to go or what to do next. I'll be honest - the kid was crying as I did the first one so my attention wasn't fully focused and I feel like I missed some important piece on how to play the game.

Any help would be appreciated!

kr2t0s said:
in the 2nd session - 20%:

I did the first section where you free the whatevers...and I think I need to do 2 more, but for the life of me I can't figure out where to go or what to do next. I'll be honest - the kid was crying as I did the first one so my attention wasn't fully focused and I feel like I missed some important piece on how to play the game.

Any help would be appreciated!

Go left from Logfella's house to the sheep's field and play the song there.

Go right from the house until you see a little hut in the background (the game calls them "nestboxes" if you double tap on them), look for the little bubbles coming out of the roof...

after using the song just poke all over the environment until stuff starts happening, then try and figure out what it wants you to do.

Aaron

Only at 5%, but I want to play it in little bits because it's one hell of an experience and I want to absorb it all. Definitely play with headphones. Play it on the pad if you can. I think it really benefits from the large screen. You zoom all the way out and it's like woah.

megalowho

Halfway through Session III and it's been a great experience so far. Beautiful and fun to interact with. The way the music rises and falls with the narrative is truly affecting,
particularly whenever the Gogolithic Mass appears.
I'm not sure if I'm feeling the script at all times, sometimes it's genuinely funny and interesting and other times it comes across as trying too hard, but it certainly gives S&S a voice of its own. And as much as the twitter nonsense is fun, I do wish there was an option in settings to disable/enable the functionality after first logging in, the tab can be distracting.

Cannot wait to continue, there's certainly some deliciously odd stuff afoot and I'm looking forward to learning more!

hyp

Das-J said:
I really wish I had an iPad just for this game... the wait for iPhone is going to be brutal! :(

if the iphone version is done already, they really should just give it an early release and piggyback off all the praise/love it's getting now. sounds like they've hit a level of success already and it can only reach greater heights if they play their cards right.

*nudge nudge* Cromulent_Word

hyp said:
if the iphone version is done already, they really should just give it an early release and piggyback off all the praise/love it's getting now. sounds like they've hit a level of success already and it can only reach greater heights if they play their cards right.

*nudge nudge* Cromulent_Word
It's not done. Frankie (our programmer magician) is trying to get everything working as well as humanly possible on older devices. It may seem trivial, but its a lot of hard work. When we make so everyone can play, we'll get it out.

wayward archer said:
Try this:
use both your thumbs and push both mouths at the same time. Try pressing the eyes too

I appreciate all the help, but I still got nothin' =\

does this game support multi-touch? I haven't done anything that uses it so far

elohel

this lookin like it'll be done in a month for the iphone?

how similar are the games in terms of porting? i know its the same os and everything but

where are the biggest differences development wise when moving from ipad to iphone?

Played through the first section and part of the second section last night. When
the horned spectre came to life after grabbing the tome it actually gave me goosebumps.
The whole game is a terrific mix of old school and new, is beautifully done and I love, LOVE the music. The sense of humor was a surprise at first, and while I worried that it would pull be out of the experience, it's consistent throughout and thus it becomes the experience. I was cracking up with Logfella's
bit about bloodsports.

I saw a tweet that described the game as "Shadow of the Colossus as directed by Wes Anderson." Not too far off the mark. Can't wait to play the rest. Congratulations to everyone involved!!

viralmarketeer said:
I appreciate all the help, but I still got nothin' =\

does this game support multi-touch? I haven't done anything that uses it so far

Alright the absolute last thing I can think of is this:

Make sure your view is up as FAR as it can go... touch and hold on your character and drag the screen around... look up as high as you can. I'm pretty sure you can't see the sun until you do this. You should be able to touch the sun and kind of 'push' it around, you push it into the staff, then touch both 'faces' on either side of the cliff at the same time and drag them together.

Otherwise I don't know, maybe the game is bugged for you or something. :\

oracrest

Just played it for a little bit on a friends Ipad. I can't imagine all that detail being preserved on iPhone. may just be a system seller for me :)

elohel

oracrest said:
Just played it for a little bit on a friends Ipad. I can't imagine all that detail being preserved on iPhone. may just be a system seller for me :)

I know it's the only reason I want an iPad right now lol

Cromulent_Word said:
Wellllll shit. Apple just featured us as iPad Game of the Week. Having a little bit of a stimulation overload right now.

congratulations!!

where can i file a report for a bug ??? the app crashes when i try to log in in twitter ... but only with one of my accounts , the other one works just ok

Starchasing said:
congratulations!!

where can i file a report for a bug ??? the app crashes when i try to log in in twitter ... but only with one of my accounts , the other one works just ok
info {{at}} capybaragames dort com

Just wondering, do you have an '&' in your username or pass? Seems like that might be causing a weird twitter api issue.

Cromulent_Word said:
info {{at}} capybaragames dort com

Just wondering, do you have an '&' in your username or pass? Seems like that might be causing a weird twitter api issue.

yes , there is a & involved in the account that crashes the game :)

hyp

Cromulent_Word said:
Wellllll shit. Apple just featured us as iPad Game of the Week. Having a little bit of a stimulation overload right now.

*fistbump* hopefully this means a few updates/expansions, or even a sequel :)

Gowans

Downloading now, can't wait.

Is there any user profiles or separate saves so me and my mrs can have our own game?

wayward archer said:
Alright the absolute last thing I can think of is this:

Make sure your view is up as FAR as it can go... touch and hold on your character and drag the screen around... look up as high as you can. I'm pretty sure you can't see the sun until you do this. You should be able to touch the sun and kind of 'push' it around, you push it into the staff, then touch both 'faces' on either side of the cliff at the same time and drag them together.

Otherwise I don't know, maybe the game is bugged for you or something. :\

Still can't
move the sun
. =(

Mr Cromulent Word, do you know if there is a bug involved w/ this? If so, I'd like to help fix it in any way I can. If it makes any difference, I did have the game freeze and I had to force quit last night (since then I have reset several times and this problem still plagues me).

Cromulent_Word: What the hell is up with that music! It's so freaking awesome, I genuinely felt "happy" while listening to it lol!

The wait for the iPhone version is going to be painful.

1012_frozen-last-breath.jpg

Top Bottom