• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

superbrothers: sword & sworcery ep | 2011 Indie Hype

golem

The sound design is really awesome. Funny that it has way more atmosphere than most multimillion dollar titles

Okay this game basically sold me on getting an iPad 2 whenever the hell I can.

I was already on the fence but this looks absolutely amazing.

Stuck

BudokaiMR2 said:
Okay this game basically sold me on getting an iPad 2 whenever the hell I can.

I was already on the fence but this looks absolutely amazing.

Me too. I really need to find an iPad now, somehow. Game looks great!

Dear lord we're #4 paid apps. I don't know what that means but its higher than Angry Birds Seasons so it has to be good right? They have clothes in Walmart.

Burger

Just finished Session 1 and wow, I am super impressed. I was worried that was the end and I was about to rage quit and start moaning on forums, but what a relief that it was only the introduction!

Hope you guys make a bunch of money so you can make more games like this!

Noogy

Cromulent_Word said:
Dear lord we're #4 paid apps. I don't know what that means but its higher than Angry Birds Seasons so it has to be good right? They have clothes in Walmart.
I haven't had a chance to try it yet (only have an iPod Touch), but I can already tell you it's probably the best game on the platform. No surprise regarding being #4, and of course, congratulations :)

Blablurn

finished the first session as well, quite entertaining so far. and yeah, the music is ace.. looking forward to play the rest.

Cromulent_Word said:
Its a point-and-click adventure game with punch-out style combat, heavy on atmosphere and exploration, with puzzles, miracles and social networks mixed in.

hows that?

edit: fixed the John TV guess. For some reason i thought it was mark which made zero sense whatsoever. I blame the PAX flu making my brain sludgy.

Can you explain more of the "social networks mixed in"?

Surfheart

Small nitpick but perhaps it's my ignorance. Is there a way to change the screen orientation? I usually play with the home button on the right due to the location of my power socket but it seems the game is forcing me to play with the ipad in the opposite orientation.

Cromulent_Word, are you guys planning on releasing the soundtrack on the Amazon MP3 store as well? Please say yes, I do not like getting music from iTunes.

Tobor

Purchased! I won't have time to sink into it until lunch, but I can't wait!

Congrats on getting to #4 paid app, Crom, you guys have a serious hit on your hands.

skynet

Downloaded! I'm at work though :(

First game in ages that I'm actually itching to get home to play. In the dark. With headphones.

traveler

Not Wario
This never finishes downloading on my ipad so I went and downloaded it on my desktop to sync over. (First time I've ever done this) Is there really no way for me to sync it over to the iPad without deleting every other app on there? Either I'm missing something or this is incredibly stupid.

Argh, so jealous - how long before the iphone version hits, and will it work on all models? I've only got a 3g, but have been dying to play this since I saw the very first screenshot.

Minsc

Gold Member
Eaten By A Grue said:
Cromulent_Word, are you guys planning on releasing the soundtrack on the Amazon MP3 store as well? Please say yes, I do not like getting music from iTunes.

What's the difference since it's DRM free? iTunes would make more sense since that's where the game is.

LCfiner

Never before have I been so anxious about not having an iPad on me (gave away my old one).

I got the shakes, man!! I need this.

Zeth

Number 2 in US app store behind only Angry Birds Rio HD. [edit: in Games category, d'oh]

Congrats guys, this thing is truly great.

colinp

Banned
Zeth said:
Number 2 in US app store behind only Angry Birds Rio HD.

Congrats guys, this thing is truly great.

I'm in the US store but I don't see it on the list. What am I missing?!

edit: Ah I wasn't looking at the iPad store! Woops, sorry that was silly.

TechSamurai

Neo Member
Just piling on at this point..

Loving this game so far. The writing is very clever, the (optional) twitter integration is interesting, the music is wonderful, and the graphics are amazing.

My only "problem" with the game is that it is not a typical iOS bite-sized game. It is more like a movie, or nice meal. You need to carve out some time, plug in some headphones and savor the experience. This is not a bad thing, this is a good thing, and I hope it will show other devs that there is a market for this sort experience on this platform.

npm0925

This game is unlike anything else out there. The most similar titles I can think of are Out of this World and Ico, both games in which the environments are so fantastically strange the player is compelled to continue playing just to see what's around the corner.

Wallach

npm0925 said:
This game is unlike anything else out there. The most similar titles I can think of are Out of this World and Ico, both games in which the environments are so fantastically strange the player is compelled to continue playing just to see what's around the corner.

The first thing I thought of after seeing the first video of this game was Out of this World. Made me interested pretty much instantly.

hyp

Cromulent_Word said:
Soon Soon. After the soundtrack launches on vinyl & itunes/bandcamp.

Thanks! Superbrothers/Capy/Jim would really dig getting rich... but realistically we just want the game to find a caring audience - whether they love it or loathe it :)
totally. and that's something i have lots of respect for, being an artist myself. again, great job.

hyp

Skilletor said:
The chase after the megatome was so intense!

This game is amazing. So glad I dipped in.
you may wanna spoiler tag that, some folks may flip out. just a warning!

NegativeZero said:
So, how long is the game in total? Any estimates?

I played for three hours last night. I have no idea how close I am to the end. The game seems to hint that
you have to actually wait for the moon (the real moon) to hit it's full and new stages to progress at some point... the narrator even says it'll take a full lunar month to complete session 3
but it seems like there's a lot of stuff left to do.

On an unrelated note: hearing Robert Ashley's voice for Logfella is weird but cool.

kr2t0s

I love the game.

It makes me feel stupid a lot of times though. Like to the point where it's frustrating. I can't figure out what to do next or where to go next. I just guess and fumble until its the right thing or direction.

Ristlager

So, stuck after the first fight. It fled and now I have nothing to do, just the sword icon. Am I missing something or is it a bug?

Ristlager said:
So, stuck after the first fight. It fled and now I have nothing to do, just the sword icon. Am I missing something or is it a bug?

Maybe a dumb question but did you rotate the ipad back to landscape? That sheathes your sword and lets you go back to walking.

Top Bottom