• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl: First Look (~6 minutes of clips from the upcoming Fall CBS show)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Nikus

I'm in love.

HtAXW5w.jpg

Gross.

DrBo42

Pilot was kinda bad, couldn't even finish it. Benoist I think can be a great Supergirl but the writing and the effects... Eh. Hopefully it gets better.

anaron

looks like the show will be seperate from the Arrowverse after all (until the multiverse clashes in season 2 lbr)

but I find this verrry intriguing

Andrew Kreisberg said:
"For right now, I don’t think the Arrow-Flash-Legends universe is going to cross with Supergirl, but just like on those shows, we bring in other DC characters and other DC heroes. We have plans to do the same on Supergirl."

"So, Supergirl won’t feel like just Supergirl, there’s going to be some great, iconic DC Comics characters coming onto that show. And some of them not even necessarily associated with Superman. So, it will be a DC Comics show."

http://supergirl.tv/other-dc-heroes-coming

in a perfect world we'd get Batgirl (Cass), Oracle, the REAL Black "Dinah" Canary and Huntress + Wondy

Joni

They wouldn't double up on characters they cast themselves, so I wouldn't expect Black Canary or Huntress unless it is the Arrowverse versions.

That news pleases me greatly.

It will give the show the room it needs to breathe, let Kara grow as a character without the worry of Ollie or Barry showing up when things are at their worst.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I'm much more brothered that they appear to be linking it with the movie verse. Of all the fucking shows they have on TV, they link the one show that isn't even close tonally to the film.

Some dumbass decisions being made right there.

anaron

I'm much more brothered that they appear to be linking it with the movie verse. Of all the fucking shows they have on TV, they link the one show that isn't even close tonally to the film.

what?

it's not in any way linked to the films

Volimar

The Krypton in the pilot seems fairly different from the one in Man of Steel.

MartyStu

That news pleases me greatly.

It will give the show the room it needs to breathe, let Kara grow as a character without the worry of Ollie or Barry showing up when things are at their worst.

Since the show is not on CW, I do not think we would really ever need to worry about that.

Joni

So that makes two Arrow-Superman cross-overs and only one Supergirl-Superman cross-over. Warner Bros clearly loves The CW more than CBS.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I would like the show more if Ally McBeal wasnt part of it....not that i hate her...but...wish they would have used someone else.

PS: Are Jimmy and Kara a thing in the comics or canon ? Looks like they show might go in that direction from the Comic Con Panel.

I'm at a theater, waiting for Ant-Man to start, and they showed a short trailer/commercial for the show during the AMC First Look segment. It's one I hadn't seen before. Nothing new in it, but it was pretty cool to see it on the big screen.

gazele

Banned
If it wasn't for Melissa Benoist I probably would have hated the pilot

It has a few worrying signs:

- Most of them revolve around Superman and him being around but not on the show and the constant "him" and "big guy" references

-Not much of a secret identity, but that's not that big a deal

-Not feeling the sister at all, could change

-The DEO aspect is a good idea but didn't show very well in the pilot

Sober

My main problem with the show is despite being supergirl she is made out to be weak several times.

Superman wouldn't get that shit.
Let's not get started into how The Flash who can run at ridiculous speeds but can seem to let someone turn the corner and get away from him constantly.

Finaika

I'm at a theater, waiting for Ant-Man to start, and they showed a short trailer/commercial for the show during the AMC First Look segment. It's one I hadn't seen before. Nothing new in it, but it was pretty cool to see it on the big screen.

I would shit my pants if I saw the trailer in my theater.

Wiktor

My main problem with the show is despite being supergirl she is made out to be weak several times.

Superman wouldn't get that shit.

Unbeatable main hero would be pretty boring. She needs opponents that can realistically kill her. Otherwise, what's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom